Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Tigerman #3 (1975)

Marvel Spotlight #26 (1976)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shageletic posted:

So both Wolverine and Sabertooth are back? I dropped off comics aftee they dies. What should I read to catch up.

House of X/Powers of X, then X-Men by Hickman, Mauraders by Duggan and eventually Hellions by Wells (it launched after the other too) you can also read the other post HoXPoX books, those are just my favorites and X-Men and Mauraders are probably the most important for story reasons.

Here's a full reading order, you do not have to read everything.

https://www.howtoread.me/x-men-jonathan-hickman-reading-order/

With the exception of Fallen Angels I've enjoyed all of the books to various degrees. If you're specifically interested in Wolverine then his solo title and X-Force are the two books he's in the most. and they occasionally sorta cross over with each other

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Tigerman #3 (1975) Charlie Sheen All-Star Adventures #24

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Shageletic posted:

So both Wolverine and Sabertooth are back? I dropped off comics aftee they dies. What should I read to catch up.

Mm, well, Sabertooth is alive. Buried alive, that is ("trapped in a state of permanent stasis for the rest of his life, while completely conscious and mentally aware"), for breaking laws that didn't exist when he broke them.
Krakoa might be a utopia, but it isn't nice.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Suleman posted:

Mm, well, Sabertooth is alive. Buried alive, that is ("trapped in a state of permanent stasis for the rest of his life, while completely conscious and mentally aware"), for breaking laws that didn't exist when he broke them.
Krakoa might be a utopia, but it isn't nice.

In fairness the law he broke was "don't kill humans."

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Skwirl posted:

In fairness the law he broke was "don't kill humans."

Wait are we talking wolverine or sabertooth here ima all confused

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scaramouche posted:

Sabertooth. Don't worry he was found guilty by a jury of his peers who also kill a fuckload of humans on the reg!

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Quiet_Council_of_Krakoa_(Earth-616)#Council_Structure

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Skwirl posted:

House of X/Powers of X, then X-Men by Hickman, Mauraders by Duggan and eventually Hellions by Wells (it launched after the other too) you can also read the other post HoXPoX books, those are just my favorites and X-Men and Mauraders are probably the most important for story reasons.

Here's a full reading order, you do not have to read everything.

https://www.howtoread.me/x-men-jonathan-hickman-reading-order/

With the exception of Fallen Angels I've enjoyed all of the books to various degrees. If you're specifically interested in Wolverine then his solo title and X-Force are the two books he's in the most. and they occasionally sorta cross over with each other

appreciate it.

to contribute

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Scaramouche posted:

The difference is when they asked Wolverine to stop he said 'OK' and sabertooth said 'lol no whatre you gonna do about it'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

Sabertooth. Logan is still walking around, though the new official X-Men team (that premiered just last week) has the better Wolverine on it. Logan Wolverine is still in X-Force and his own series.

Mutants have killed a bunch of humans (in like self defense and what not, not murder) since that was made one of the 3 official rules Krakoa with no personal repercussions. I'd put money on Sabretooth coming back in the next crossover.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 13, 2021

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Yeah. Like there is no way that chekovs gun isn't being fired

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah. Like there is no way that chekovs gun isn't being fired

It’s not like the mother of his child wants to burn the island to the ground in some sort of inferno

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

It’s not like the mother of his child wants to burn the island to the ground in some sort of inferno

Mystique?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Yeah, although iirc neither of them care much for the kid.

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Yeah, the Krakoan resurrection protocols have a secret restriction for as of yet unexplained reasons: no precogs. They've been giving Mystique the runaround about Destiny for this entire status quo and she's finally had enough. If she can't have her wife back, she's taking down the whole thing.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mystery Men Comics #15 (1940)

Doctor Doom #2 (2020)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Lean in, queen junior dictator.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

dramatic_hamster.webm

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Grendels Dad posted:

When a white man in the 60's says something about jungles, it's probably racist.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Oh no, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"!

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" was loosely translated from a song in isiZulu called "Mbube" by a black South African guy named Solomon Linda. The US publishing company for the English-language version ripped him off and didn't pay him any royalties, and he died in poverty shortly thereafter. So it wasn't racist in a textual sense, but it was pretty loving racist in a business sense.

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/in-the-jungle-inside-the-long-hidden-genealogy-of-the-lion-sleeps-tonight-108274/

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ponsonby Britt posted:

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" was loosely translated from a song in isiZulu called "Mbube" by a black South African guy named Solomon Linda. The US publishing company for the English-language version ripped him off and didn't pay him any royalties, and he died in poverty shortly thereafter. So it wasn't racist in a textual sense, but it was pretty loving racist in a business sense.

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/in-the-jungle-inside-the-long-hidden-genealogy-of-the-lion-sleeps-tonight-108274/

Once again, you spend anytime digging in anything involving the Western world, you find racism.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Yes but when are we getting Cat Thor

I hate that font more than i would have hitherto considered possible

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bruceski posted:

In this case it's both (depending on how you define jargon) but sometimes it's actually legit. I've seen a few derails where someone thought Jungle Music was making similar slurs but that's an actual music genre from the 90s.

that was a fun derail lol

Seriously, my eye just slides off those letters

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

All-Flash #2 (1941)

The Unstoppable Wasp #7 (2019)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is Nadia Pym in anything at the moment?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Champions, I'd assume?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/HistoryMuppet/status/1415419448060747780/photo/1

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ponsonby Britt posted:

well, drat.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I did not know I needed muppets murdering people but there you go.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
That whole issue is pretty fantastic - it has a massive dupe brawl as Madrox fights a rogue dupe.

It also establishes that Weird Al exists on the Marvel Universe.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Elissimpark posted:

It also establishes that Weird Al exists on the Marvel Universe.

He loving better!

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
He exists in the DC Universe as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KykmB5fJxmI

I mean, the show probably isn't canon but I want my theory that Weird Al is a Necessary Being to be true.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Darthemed posted:

All-Flash #2 (1941)

The Unstoppable Wasp #7 (2019)

This is adorable. Who's the blonde?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ManiacClown posted:

This is adorable. Who's the blonde?

Cassie Lang

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Any universe where Weird Al doesn't exist is a universe I want no part of.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Blue Beetle #16 (1942)

The Prowler #2 (2017)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Darthemed posted:

The Prowler #2 (2017)

He's not wrong. That's a surprisingly accurate description.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
X-O! how could you say that?!!

Seriously though, its nice to see well-written, relatable Australian characters in comics, rather than the usual Crocodile Dundee stereotype.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Elissimpark posted:

X-O! how could you say that?!!

Seriously though, its nice to see well-written, relatable Australian characters in comics, rather than the usual Crocodile Dundee stereotype.

I'll assume you mean the issue as a whole because a guy with a kangeroo schtick and a hankerin' for Vegemite isn't exactly shattering Aussie stereotypes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

I'll assume you mean the issue as a whole because a guy with a kangeroo schtick and a hankerin' for Vegemite isn't exactly shattering Aussie stereotypes.

I believe he's posting with what we in the non upside down part of the world refer to as a 'sarcastic' tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Haha, fair enough. I thought maybe the issue did actually flesh out ol' Kangaroo a bit!

Side note: which Jack O' Lantern is that in the background? Haven't been following Spider-Man comics in a long time but my impression over the decades is that there have been a confusing number of Jack O' Lanterns (who are also sometimes Hobgoblins!).