Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TIL Aliyah translates literally from hebrew as "call up"

which I'm sure is far too clever for WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

coconono posted:

TIL Aliyah translates literally from hebrew as "call up"

which I'm sure is far too clever for WWE

They'll debut her on RAW as whatever the Hebrew for "Future Endeavors" is

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Drakkel posted:

They'll debut her on RAW as whatever the Hebrew for "Future Endeavors" is
מאמצים עתידיים

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1415211151726727169?s=20

Such
Good
poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if this took place in Ichigaya, I would mark. But that's because they take great care to present these things as exciting and interesting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I genuinely can’t wait for crowds to come back

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I genuinely can’t wait for crowds to come back

theyre saying boo-erns

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ASenileAnimal posted:

theyre saying boo-man

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ASenileAnimal posted:

theyre saying boo-ahh

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Don't have a sword on your show if someone isn't going to be sliced and or diced with it.

Also imagine how crazy it would be if the feud ended with Jinder getting decapitated and Drew activating the quickening.

Or it's a bit more grimdark like GoT and Drew is executed and his head is placed on a pike in the thunderdome

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Is this the second feud in WWE this year over someone getting called stinky? Why are they writing a show for toddlers when their core audience is in retirement hours?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wrestling always has dumb feuds over silly things. aew had miro feuding over video games and jericho feuding with orange cassidy about orange juice and bubbly, new japan just had a feud over the iron fingers from hell. it happens.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
dont forget every promo between Shane/Braun was:
You're Dumb!
No!! You're Dumb!
No, You're Stupid!!! Dummy!!!~
Noooooooooo.... Choo Chooooooo :(

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lol that they instantly are dropping the toni storm vs sarray story and putting mandy rose in toni's place

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The only problem I really have with the drew-sword angle is that Drew started the promo mentioning that any real heirloom you bring to raw would be stolen or destroyed and then immediately shifted gears into "this is the real sword, here, which I have brought to monday night raw."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Don't have a sword on your show if someone isn't going to be sliced and or diced with it.

Also imagine how crazy it would be if the feud ended with Jinder getting decapitated and Drew activating the quickening.

Or it's a bit more grimdark like GoT and Drew is executed and his head is placed on a pike in the thunderdome

having just watched a NPU show where a dude brought out TWO machetes and cut up Mad Man Pondo's forehead with them and multiple other times I've seen dudes fight with knives, not using the sword is a copout.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t understand the drip stick.

Is it a reference to something the kids are into these days? I know what ‘drip’ is, is it something to do with that? Where does the stick come into it and why (in the WWE’s case at least) is it just one of those cheap pool toy water squirter things?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

History Comes Inside! posted:

is it just one of those cheap pool toy water squirter things?

yes and he showed up with one on tv like 4 weeks ago because it complemented (??) his 'johnny drip drip' gimmick

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I googled drip stick and almost every result is about a special sex cleanup sponge so good job WWE I guess

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drip Stick is Mace and T-Bar’s new partner

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Drip Stick is Mace and T-Bar’s new partner

Bring back Slapjack

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
slap jack died op

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

has bryan alvarez said drip stick in a funny way yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

graph posted:

slap jack died op

I refer you to the thread title

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

I refer you to the thread title

i regret to inform you that denial is a part of the grieving process

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
SLAPJACK LIVES ON IN MY HEART, IN MY SOUL

SLAPJACK FOREVER

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Let us slap our jacks together in his memory

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dripjack and Slapstick for tag champs

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

KungFu Grip posted:

wrestling always has dumb feuds over silly things. aew had miro feuding over video games and jericho feuding with orange cassidy about orange juice and bubbly, new japan just had a feud over the iron fingers from hell. it happens.

Sure, but unlike ... almost anything ... on WWE TV right now, at least 2/3 of those feuds were fun. I have not seen the NJPW stuff. I'm sure back in the day before Vince went fully senile the WWE also told entertaining stories and put on fun feuds based on silly stuff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Feels like we could have a Vince criticizing Vince twitter account when it comes to the quotes he said in that one interview about AEW. "More mature story telling" and "We don't do that blood and guys stuff"

Vince literally had Rey Mysterio's fake pingpong eye pop out on a PPV and had Rollins throw up because he had become too violent. AEW sure tried with their Barbed Wire No Ropes Exploding Death Match to be violent but more people were hurt from the Elimination Chamber lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

"more mature storytelling"

Bring on the tomato throwing, cartoon sound effects, feuds about people being stinky and having bad grades in school, 40-something year old men shooting people with squirt guns, haunted dolls and zombies, and multiple concurrent feuds where people steal each others hats.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t recall them saying when the more mature storytelling would start, smart guy.

Cena is coming back next week to call someone poopy and it’s instantly going to get a hundred times classier.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

So did they have Alexa disappear the second after receiving a Samoan drop, like did they cleverly edit it to look like the move made her literally blink out of existence the second she hit the mat? Or was it just the usual "lights go out and when they come back up she's gone" kinda bullshit

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I mean, squirting water in people's faces is a good way to get into fights so that part is fine

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So did they have Alexa disappear the second after receiving a Samoan drop, like did they cleverly edit it to look like the move made her literally blink out of existence the second she hit the mat? Or was it just the usual "lights go out and when they come back up she's gone" kinda bullshit

she got doudrop'd over the barricades and when Eva looked, Alexa was GONE.

Spooky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SScaeFbG628

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

Spooky.

Well that's kinda lame

I will say though, you know that the "Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn" cosplay look that was so insanely popular for a while has finally dropped out of the cultural mainstream, now that Vince isn't having Alexa copy it any more

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think they're trying to write off Alexa's spooky powers before they return to live touring again.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

I think they're trying to write off Alexa's spooky powers before they return to live touring again.
It never stopped Bray Wyatt tho

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ASenileAnimal posted:

theyre saying something........ can't hear cause the venue is mostly empty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

coconono posted:

Spooky.

She's gone to retrieve Cena from the Black Lodge.