Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lol if he's not getting all five

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

freebooter posted:

Victoria surely has to do a quick lockdown for smug I-told-you-so reasons if nothing else

Nah if Sydney is threatening our 149 day record we've gotta get a move on.

Solemn Sloth posted:

If they don’t announce lockdown tomorrow afternoon they are loving up on a Gladystan scale

Gladyssian was right there but yea I'll be surprised if today's news isn't a rolling chain of new exposure sites and a lockdown from 6pm. I just got a 3d printer so I'm set to lose all my income for a few weeks and gently caress up my lungs for some sweet sweet disability and tiny elves.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lol if he's not getting all five

Eediot Jedi posted:

AZ [X]
Pfizer [X]
J&J [ ]
Moderna [ ]
Gamaleya [ ]
Sinovac [ ]
:colbert:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Dude's a bit of a private school poo poo. He ran for student office largely on the promise of providing a rickshaw taxi service on campus, and spent every lunch for two weeks personally ferrying people up and down Eastern Avenue.

IIRC, when asked who'd actually be carrying people around should his policy go through, he said the international students would do it, "because they're used to it." He didn't last long after that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Open Source Idiom posted:

Dude's a bit of a private school poo poo. He ran for student office largely on the promise of providing a rickshaw taxi service on campus, and spent every lunch for two weeks personally ferrying people up and down Eastern Avenue.

IIRC, when asked who'd actually be carrying people around should his policy go through, he said the international students would do it, "because they're used to it." He didn't last long after that.

he'll have a bright future with the liberal party

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Intense Tony Abbott energy from the racist guy who was also willing to do the degrading thing he thinks immigrants should do, honestly

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ungulateman posted:

Intense Tony Abbott energy from the racist guy who was also willing to do the degrading thing he thinks immigrants should do, honestly

This would be the same tony Abbott that quit the seminary because he was disgusted at the idea of having to care for colleagues when they were sick in bed yeah?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

teacup posted:

I mean him, specifically. Read my post properly before you reply next time.

So you didn't engage whatsoever with their post in your reply? They didn't say anything about themselves just that 2 hours before it starts is a dog poo poo way to communicate new rules. Which is true.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

What does it matter? Is someone going to be hauled off to the gulag for not masking up at at the gym at 6am? I didn't even realise the rules had been relaxed, I had a job interview last week and had to wear a mask into the office for it.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Comstar posted:

I was going to see my sonn runn around choosing a birthday present in a toy store for the first time this weekend. Get my wife a nice present. Get my lawn mower fixed. See my family inn on place for the first time inn a few months.

Get my keyboard replaced because some of the keys are not workinng correctly. First world problems I knnow.

See that all next week or next month after the 5 day lockdow announnced that's going to be today.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Huh. No lockdown today. Did they say why?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Comstar posted:

Huh. No lockdown today. Did they say why?

They decided they just couldn’t live with themselves if they disrupted comstar’s shopping plans

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

A vic lockdown would be loving annoying

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

hooman posted:

So you didn't engage whatsoever with their post in your reply? They didn't say anything about themselves just that 2 hours before it starts is a dog poo poo way to communicate new rules. Which is true.

Seriously how do you cunts live, just looking for a problem to cry about. They announced it due to a quick growing crisis. They weren’t going to be throwing anyone against the wall 2 hours later. The law before midnight last night states everyone needs a mask on them anyway so this just changed to “and wear it in a loving office after midnight”. Many of the people working at midnight likely were already wearing it.

Shut the gently caress up and get off my dick

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Looking at the exposure sites, it seems someone drove down to Barwon Heads to visit the football club, went to officeworks and an Apco.

Just the dumbest poo poo. Had to be someone "just going for a drive to the beach". Now there are three tier two contact sites 80km out of Melbourne.

And I know that Apco, it's huge and incredibly busy.

:sigh:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Looking at the exposure sites, it seems someone drove down to Barwon Heads to visit the football club, went to officeworks and an Apco.

Just the dumbest poo poo. Had to be someone "just going for a drive to the beach". Now there are three tier two contact sites 80km out of Melbourne.

Why is that the dumbest poo poo? If they had no symptoms and didn’t know they had been exposed why would someone not go for a drive like that? If us pursuing no underlying community transmission means you still shouldn’t go more than 3 metres from your front door for fear of unknowingly spreading the virus then what the gently caress is the point of it?

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 15, 2021

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ABC's liveblog is now reporting that there'll be a snap lockdown in Victoria, starting midnight tonight, duration is still TBD

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-15/melbourne-lockdown-response-to-covid-outbreak/100296220

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 15, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why is that the dumbest poo poo? If they had no symptoms and didn’t know they had been exposed why would someone not go for a drive like that? If us pursuing no underlying community transmission means you still shouldn’t go more than 3 metres from your front door for fear of unknowingly spreading the virus then what the gently caress is the point of it?

"If they had no symptoms" doing a lot of lifting in that sentence.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Why? How do you know they had symptoms?

There are plenty of cases who've done the wrong thing (the removalists, the guy wandering around Wollert for 10 days while symptomatic before getting tested). There are also plenty of cases who don't have symptoms or don't realise they've been at an exposure site and just because everyone on this forum is a curtain-twitching weirdo who never leaves the house doesn't mean the rest of Australia is obliged to live like that.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yep yep yep and the 60 year old that caught it from the removalist then went on to spread it at the mcg was asymptomatic, so we can fire dead poo poo pointless what ifs all day and maybe feel a tiny bit better for winning the internet or we could not.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

teacup posted:

Seriously how do you cunts live, just looking for a problem to cry about. They announced it due to a quick growing crisis. They weren’t going to be throwing anyone against the wall 2 hours later. The law before midnight last night states everyone needs a mask on them anyway so this just changed to “and wear it in a loving office after midnight”. Many of the people working at midnight likely were already wearing it.

Shut the gently caress up and get off my dick

You know what a good communications strategy is for rules changes? Making decisions early enough to have an evening press conference, where those changes are clearly announced and thus can reach people, instead of, you know, late night tweets. How dare anyone critique the communications strategy of a government in a *checks thread title* politics thread.

Your post was bad and needlessly aggro, and honestly you've maintained your form. Stop whining about getting called on it and post better.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hooman posted:

You know what a good communications strategy is for rules changes? Making decisions early enough to have an evening press conference, where those changes are clearly announced and thus can reach people, instead of, you know, late night tweets. How dare anyone critique the communications strategy of a government in a *checks thread title* politics thread.

in line with this: letting word break that there's going to be a snap lockdown mere minutes after the press conference has finished

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

freebooter posted:

just because everyone on this forum is a curtain-twitching weirdo who never leaves the house doesn't mean the rest of Australia is obliged to live like that.

I have vivid memories of your posting last year.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I dont think you can reasonably blame asymptomatic people.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Tommunist posted:

I have vivid memories of your posting last year.

I have never criticised anybody for doing what they're allowed to do

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

freebooter posted:

I have never criticised anybody for doing what they're allowed to do

Yes you did LOL

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

alf_pogs posted:

in line with this: letting word break that there's going to be a snap lockdown mere minutes after the press conference has finished

Looks like policy on the run. Which is normally a federal government responsibility.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The thing is we are all human and will make mistakes because no one is perfect and being asymptomatic is a problem.

this is where the lockdown comes in and should be used to control peoples movements except you have all these bullshit ifs and buts and loopholes that are clearly exploitable within the letter of the law rather than the spirit.

I hope vic locks down for a week or two, full guns blazing, nothing open, dictator dan style, squashes it then looks at NSW and says 'TOLD YOU SO'

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i thought it was a lame joke but now i tihnk its real

quote:

Then, as the conversation started to wind up, Mr Morrison said he wanted to address an old rumour the radio hosts had previously perpetuated.

“Can I clear up one thing from ages ago?” Mr Morrison asked.

The PM went on to address the longstanding rumour he had soiled himself at Engadine McDonald’s, in Sydney’s south, after his beloved Cronulla Sharks lost the grand final in 1997.

“It is the biggest urban myth ever, it is complete and utter rubbish,” Mr Morrison told the hosts today.

“I found the whole thing incredibly amusing, I always joke about it ... it is absolute and total rubbish.”

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sounds a bit mad about it.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
"it was very amusing, i was quite amused, every time i hear that absolutely loving untrue bullshit story i have an amused laugh and absolutely do not poo poo my pants, i have never poo poo my pants, ever, that is not poo poo you smell it's fair dinkum aussie spirit"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tommunist posted:

I dont think you can reasonably blame asymptomatic people.

Seriously though, I'm not blaming. Just really loving tired.

By "dumbest poo poo" I just meant loving all of this.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Locky d 5 happening bad thread friends and recoome

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
My goondolences to the Victorians about to experience another lockdown thanks to NSW's inability to deal with a crisis.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Tommunist posted:

Yes you did LOL

Since I apparently live "vividly" rent-free in your head feel free to refresh my memory

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Sicktoria.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Fully.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Megillah Gorilla posted:

nah. apparently the teacher who lives in geelong, got it from their friend in the maribyrnong apartments and spread it to the school in bacchus marsh (where they work).

this teacher it the same person who went to the game at the mcg and spread it to two others.

one of those is a friend who lives in barwon heads.

so it's not just one person on a road trip but actually two people in the geelong region, but traced back ultimately to the NSW removalists who were at those maribyrnong apartments.

but that first teacher, has potentially spread it to a school of 2500 students and 2000 contacts at the mcg in the space of two days.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 15, 2021

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

nah. apparently the teacher who lives in geelong, got it from their friend in the maribyrnong apartments and spread it to the school in bacchus marsh (where they work).

this teacher it the same person who went to the game at the mcg and spread it to two others.

one of those is a friend who lives in barwon heads.

so it's not just one person on a road trip but actually two people in the geelong region, but traced back ultimately to the NSW removalists who were at those maribyrnong apartments.

but that first teacher, has potentially spread it to a school of 2500 students and 2000 contacts at the mcg in the space of two days.

Ugh gently caress, that's awful for that poor school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Bought a bottle of Veuve and a $800 toaster on my way home pip pip insecure workers it's a locky d