Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The keys demagnetizing is a conspiracy against old gits by the liberal metropolitan elite hotel workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I peeked in at TheDonald this morning and at the moment they're angry at St. Jude's Children's Hospital for requiring its employees to get the covid vaccine.

That's just... beyond parody.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bobulus posted:

I peeked in at TheDonald this morning and at the moment they're angry at St. Jude's Children's Hospital for requiring its employees to get the covid vaccine.

That's just... beyond parody.

The_Donald has been beyond parody since inception because it initially started as making fun of Trump fans and was quickly taken over by Trump fans.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

HootTheOwl posted:

Everywhere has them, 13 is the largest size most mens shoes are made in. 14 sometimes. Everything beyond is extended sizes.
And I cope with my clown feet by making sneakers my thing.

I think I'm just triggered, because the cut off for most biking shoes is twelve and finding thirteens in stock on the internet was a big pain in my nethers.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Me goin to the freep thread goonmeet like

:hmmyes:

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Captain Log posted:

I think I'm just triggered, because the cut off for most biking shoes is twelve and finding thirteens in stock on the internet was a big pain in my nethers.

:hmmyes:

I wear 13 wide shoes and need big and tall size shirts due to long torso.

So i dress like its 2006 and im on my way to a KoRn concert. You can make it work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I wear EEE wide shoes and it's a loving nightmare finding anything where the side of my foot doesn't end up hanging over the edge of the sole.

I'm apparently only a size 12, but I've been wearing size 15s since I was a teenager because they were the only things wide enough for my flipper feet.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Of course freepers don't believe that the piss tape is real.
Looking for a .22 pistol

quote:

To: Chainmail
All of the "experts" will babble on about only larger calibers for social application, but what caliber do the Mafia hit men use?
The mafia hit men press the 22 to the back of the neck/head when the victim has their hands secured behind their back.

If you call this a reason to carry a 22 for self protection, I question your logic and reasoning skills.

And what the hell is "social application"?

What do you carry?

I'd never carry anything less than a 38 and a 357 Magnum is always in my vehicle within the easy reach of the console.

I never have my vehicle guns under the seat or in the glove box where it is too difficult to have quick access.

If you can't get at it quickly, it may be too late for you to even respond to a "social application".

49 posted on 7/15/2021, 4:39:28 AM by USS Alaska (NUKE ALL MOOSELIMB TERRORISTS, NOW.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

quote:

To: USS Alaska; Chainmail
FBI files had a show on an FBI investigation of the mafia. They recruited an informant who the mafia had recruited because he was such a tough guy. The informant got called in and the mobsters told him he was going to be a bookkeeper, and they had to teach him the process of how betting worked. When he turned around, they put two rounds in the back of his head, with a 380 as I recall, but the ammo must have been old, or he had a really hard head, and the informant turned around to face them, and the mobsters backed up slowly to the door and got out of there.

Article on the mobster here.

https://mafia.wikia.org/wiki/John_Veasey

Not sure how a 380 to the skull bounces off, but the FBI agent said when he heard he went right to the hospital, and mob informant was up and talking about it.

114 posted on 7/15/2021, 4:37:43 PM by AnonymousConservative (DO NOT send me sensitive information, I am under domestic surv coverage, and they will see it too.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

quote:

To: AnonymousConservative
Not sure how a 380 to the skull bounces off, but the FBI agent said when he heard he went right to the hospital, and mob informant was up and talking about it.
That's as believable as the fbi file on Trump's golden showers tape, must have been the same agent.

When the hit men shoot, they put the muzzle at the base of the skull and the top of the spine, there is no hard headed skull for the round to "bounce off", just the separation of skull and spine.

Even if they shot him twice in the skull, from point blank range, a 22 short would have killed him {at the very least, knocked him out cold}.

If the fbi is telling this story, consider all of the other bullshit that they have told us.

But Hannity will tell you that 99.9% of all fbi agents are saints. MEH!

118 posted on 07/16/2021 4:30:58 AM PDT by USS Alaska (NUKE ALL MOOSELIMB TERRORISTS, NOW.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 114 | View Replies ]

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

kik2dagroin posted:

"what do you carry?"

Nothing because I'm not some putz scared of everything

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Of course Freepers are about as smart about guns and everything else. "I once heard a mobster used a gun to do a James Bond on a guy and it was really loud and cool and deadly but the bullet bounced around like a super ball."

"THE PISS TAPE AIN'T REAL THEM DEMONCRAPS ARE GONNA TAKE OUR CHILDREN'S GLANDS!"

The headline of Fox News today -

Side Note. - If you're really bored, here is a deep dive on ballistics from a reputable source.

tldr - Under .380 is really bad for combat applications. But bullets are weird and so are human bodies.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I wear EEE wide shoes and it's a loving nightmare finding anything where the side of my foot doesn't end up hanging over the edge of the sole.

I'm apparently only a size 12, but I've been wearing size 15s since I was a teenager because they were the only things wide enough for my flipper feet.

I have a AA to AAA heel. But now I have to wear walking braces that go inside my shoes. I feel your pain.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Captain Log posted:

tldr - Under .380 is really bad for combat applications. But bullets are weird and so are human bodies.

Everything's weird, its why you get those instances where every angle and such worked out fine that someone falls out of an airplane and just gets a sprain or something.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Or you fall just wrong from what should be a survivable distance and end up paralyzed or dead. Humans are both incredibly resilient and fragile. My google skills are failing me but there’s an article, I think in relation to blade violence depiction in media, that reviews dueling records and hospital records. One duelist lost fingers gripping his opponent’s sword, stabbed repeatedly, lost an eye somewhere in there, was ran through, and still finished his opponent off. Modern example was a guy getting stabbed in the heart, stabbed guy finds a bottle in an alleyway, pursues his attacker for five blocks, and attacks him. Granted, both the duelist and stabbee end up dying so maybe not exactly on topic, but it was an interesting read if anyone knows what I’m rambling about.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The reason to not carry a .22 for self-defense is that you are vastly more likely to shoot yourself in the dick, convince an armed robber to shoot you, or get shot by the cops than solve anything by whipping it out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The potential for shooting yourself in the dick is part of the appeal, I think, as they seem like the types to only feel anything when they might cause themselves irreparable harm but somehow manage not to.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Suddenly the man at 1/6 that tazed his own balls makes so much more sense :twisted:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Ballistics is weird and there are a number of different stories about people who've been shot in the head with low-caliber bullets and had the bullet bounce off. Usually it happens when a bullet nails someone right on the curve at the top of your forehead where the bone is hard as gently caress. Amazing that someone could take a pair of .380 slugs to the back and survive, but I could believe it.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Captain Log posted:

The headline of Fox News today -

I'm willing to listen to the Audible if it is narrated by Dana Snyder.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

kik2dagroin posted:

I'm willing to listen to the Audible if it is narrated by Dana Snyder.

Looks like some of these FRONT PAGE headlines could do pretty well as a Suspense/Thriller.

THEY'RE COMIN' TO FORCE YOUR LITTLE ANGEL BABIES TO TURN INTO ATHEISTS WITH "THE JAB!"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Pontius Pilate posted:

Or you fall just wrong from what should be a survivable distance and end up paralyzed or dead. Humans are both incredibly resilient and fragile. My google skills are failing me but there’s an article, I think in relation to blade violence depiction in media, that reviews dueling records and hospital records. One duelist lost fingers gripping his opponent’s sword, stabbed repeatedly, lost an eye somewhere in there, was ran through, and still finished his opponent off. Modern example was a guy getting stabbed in the heart, stabbed guy finds a bottle in an alleyway, pursues his attacker for five blocks, and attacks him. Granted, both the duelist and stabbee end up dying so maybe not exactly on topic, but it was an interesting read if anyone knows what I’m rambling about.

There's always this dude too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Gage took a rod through the skull and basically turned into a Freeper

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'm more amazed by this guy that Gage's page links to. Surviving having a proton beam accelerated to relativistic speeds blasted through your brain is pretty :science:

quote:

As it was believed that he had received far in excess of a fatal dose of radiation, Bugorski was taken to a clinic in Moscow where the doctors could observe his expected demise. However, Bugorski survived, completed his PhD, and continued working as a particle physicist.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The Red Hulk isn't nearly as interesting as his comic book self.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1417161593645842439?s=19

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

I have no idea if this is a parody.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Freep: Just Shoot The Her

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

I have no idea if this is a parody.

Real, from TheDonald.

They've been citing that one guy who took his mother along because she was also a hardcore Trump-supporter. I'm not sure if that guy actually had kids or not, but that's morphed into 'grandmothers were there'.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Freep: Just Shoot The Her

"I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you!"
POP!!! EEEeee-eeeeee-EEeeeee...
"Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle."

Everyone in that room should counter-sue her family for hearing loss. Tinnitus is no joke.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Bobulus posted:

Real, from TheDonald.

They've been citing that one guy who took his mother along because she was also a hardcore Trump-supporter. I'm not sure if that guy actually had kids or not, but that's morphed into 'grandmothers were there'.

I guess all the footage is just fake? And all other cops are good, but it just so happens that the capitol police are in thrall to the demoncrats?

The amount of reality you have to ignore to support Trump is kind of frightening. It's like deciding that the colors below 565 wavelengths just don't exist.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
All the tourists were casually chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" while he was with his family a few rooms away. What a gas!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

I guess all the footage is just fake? And all other cops are good, but it just so happens that the capitol police are in thrall to the demoncrats?

The amount of reality you have to ignore to support Trump is kind of frightening. It's like deciding that the colors below 565 wavelengths just don't exist.

There was, at one point, a Capitol Police officer on SA. He said it was boring or really, really stupid depending on the day. Underpaid, understaffed, and mostly forgotten.

One thing I remember was he said any time they dealt with the Secret Service, they would always try to headhunt (this was during the Obama presidency, btw). "WTF. You know my job sucks, and you want to offer me something worse, nah." Another thing I remember him saying is that they'd have to chase other departments out of their very small territory on the regular.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Captain Log posted:

All the tourists were casually chanting "Hang Mike Pence!" while he was with his family a few rooms away. What a gas!

Belsen was a gas!

poo poo, I'm going straight to hell.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Captain Log posted:

Tbf if Trump's trip down the elevator had ended with Mike Pence being lynched on the Senate floor I'd have been laughing like a hyena while I loaded all of my extra magazines.

I'd have been chuckling the whole time I loaded my car with 300 pounds of rice, beans, and water purifying tablets. Months later as the fires from the cities can be smelled on the air I'd still be letting off the occasional giggle.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Captain Log posted:

Yes and these dangerous violent destroyers of democracy accomplished such revolutionary feats such as tazing themselves in the balls and falling off a wall they were trying to climb while there were stairs 20 feet away. We very nearly lost our entire society.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yes and these dangerous violent destroyers of democracy accomplished such revolutionary feats such as tazing themselves in the balls and falling off a wall they were trying to climb while there were stairs 20 feet away. We very nearly lost our entire society.

Being bad at doing a coup doesn't mean you shouldn't be tried for attempting one.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

socialsecurity posted:

Being bad at doing a coup doesn't mean you shouldn't be tried for attempting one.

The only thing you're going to get out of this is a further progression of the police state thats harsher on left voices.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I mean, Godwin's law and all, but they laughed and said they were clowns.

There are people actively promoting the end of our pseudo-democracy, and there was a violent insurrection in the capitol building, something which has absolutely ended governments in recent history, and you're saying "nbd, they were incompetent".

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The Beer Hall Putsch was also an incompetent farce.

The one thing we've got up on the Weimar Republic is that our institutions are fairly solid and the military is thoroughly uninterested in messing with electoral politics because their trough is slopped with filet mignon on the regular. Also the die hard base of the fash is, electorally speaking, loving ancient. Something like 60% of fash are 50+ or someshit and it has almost no purchase among the youth.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

socialsecurity posted:

I didn't say they shouldn't be in jail (they should) but the idea that they were somehow a credible coup threat is laughable.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I didn't say they shouldn't be in jail (they should) but the idea that they were somehow a credible coup threat is laughable.

This is literally the game that they play all the time "oh you called me out for my violent prejudice and violent threats? - I was just kidding, it was a joke."

But if it works they'll be off to the races.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

It might've gotten pretty ugly if Trump and his Secret Service goons led the charge up the steps, but Trump is a venal coward and wouldn't put himself at risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
All the fash are venal cowards. They had those cops dead if they all pulled a Babbit, but they won't, as a rule, act if they don't believe they have overwhelming force. Which is why it's a good thing the coup was incompetent because if they got much further they'd be even more emboldened.