Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
State Farm got Smackdown in Atlanta cancelled the fix is in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

State Farm got Smackdown in Atlanta cancelled the fix is in

Like a bad neighbour

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Pylons posted:

Per WON, Fenix is apparently cleared to return.

just in time for him and Andrade to to have MoTY.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Seeing people absolutely scramble for tickets is great for AEW and for the good guys that like it, but I could do without having similar anxiety trying to score tickets for the inevitable UK shows.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they're not gonna be able to travel to the UK for years at this rate

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Nah its cool. Just removing even really unobstructive things like facemasks and letting the virus rip can't possibly go wrong.

I've already seen so many people banging on about "liberty" just because they won't be legally compelled to wear one from Monday. Arseholes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they're not gonna be able to travel to the UK for years at this rate

They're probably here before the end of the year

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Nah its cool. Just removing even really unobstructive things like facemasks and letting the virus rip can't possibly go wrong.

I've already seen so many people banging on about "liberty" just because they won't be legally compelled to wear one from Monday. Arseholes.

god bless the cerulean armpit of the atlantic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

They're probably here before the end of the year

they won't be allowed back and will have to run shows in the UK forever

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1416049321183748096

They can probably open up another 1,000-1,500 tickets if these sell through. The total after production kills will be around 19,000 if they can sell out completely but they can't open up those final tickets until the set is finalized.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

remember when they gave Spears the glove as if it was some massive character change

i do but he also had the hardest time out of literally anyone else on the roster getting over (hes still trying but the current bit is better than the rest)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Is this going to be the biggest ever crowd for AEW?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He seems to finally have hit a groove as midboss you fight on the way to the real villain

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lamuella posted:

If we need to name more stars, new Dugnutts just dropped.

https://twitter.com/SB_Duggan/status/1415797092803510272

TED BALLOON

Biggest scoop of the week

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Crapple! posted:

wasnt all in the highest with like 11k ?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

He seems to finally have hit a groove as midboss you fight on the way to the real villain

MJF did more for him in one promo than anyone else did in the rest of his AEW time combined

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Crapple! posted:

Yes, even if Newark sells out completely it won't be able to touch this. Right now they are very close to the 14,000 they had in the building for the first Dynamite in DC, but I think they've sold more. (That one had around 2,500 comps.) If they sell any more tickets they'll have a bigger crowd guaranteed.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MJF did more for him in one promo than anyone else did in the rest of his AEW time combined

yeah the restaurant scene and the chair room at stampede did him a solid

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DeathChicken posted:

Spears is a lot more comfortable now. When they first turned him heel, he wasn't full of himself enough. But I think that was because he got gobbled up by Brandi's promo. Then they tried the glove thing and he got some reps on dark but didn't get to that next level. Sammy got him over tho. All that chair stuff they've been doing has been great. Shawn's out there having a blast and it shows.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lamuella posted:

If we need to name more stars, new Dugnutts just dropped.

https://twitter.com/SB_Duggan/status/1415797092803510272

TED BALLOON

Wob Wonkoz

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Spears has been good for literally his entire AEW run, the only difference is he's finally getting a push and TV time for more than two weeks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
QT Marshall could be pretty good in a new program if he's like the most overt mid-card boss. Like Cody loving put him in his place, but he's not gonna acknowledge that and will just relish in putting down guys below him without touching main eventers.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Spears best run was his campaign to find a new tag partner that sadly didn't have a pay off because of the pandemic and it instead morphed into the Cody open challenge. I wish Mr Grim had more AEW matches.

MorningMoon posted:

QT Marshall could be pretty good in a new program if he's like the most overt mid-card boss. Like Cody loving put him in his place, but he's not gonna acknowledge that and will just relish in putting down guys below him without touching main eventers.

QT Marshall is Val Venis tier in the AEW rankings, he exists to lose to guys better than him but he will never be above A Guy.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Hom Wapko

Roy Gamo

Rarr Dick

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Remember that time Dustin pulled Spears pants down and revealed he had Tully Blanchard's face on his dick for some reason?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

Per WON, Fenix is apparently cleared to return.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I remember when MJF did his first Inner Circle as a group promo and the most noticeable part of it was Spears was a loving giant in there towering over everyone else in the ring including WARDLOW.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, even if Newark sells out completely it won't be able to touch this. Right now they are very close to the 14,000 they had in the building for the first Dynamite in DC, but I think they've sold more. (That one had around 2,500 comps.) If they sell any more tickets they'll have a bigger crowd guaranteed.

Come back to DC you bastards

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Drakkel posted:

Remember that time Dustin pulled Spears pants down and revealed he had Tully Blanchard's face on his dick for some reason?

This was my introduction to Spears

Yeah I had no idea what the gently caress

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I just bought nosebleed tickets for the New York show. It’s “obstructed view” but I’m hoping and praying that’s because it’s in a section perpendicular to the stage rather than having a big rear end pillar in front of me

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I just bought nosebleed tickets for the New York show. It’s “obstructed view” but I’m hoping and praying that’s because it’s in a section perpendicular to the stage rather than having a big rear end pillar in front of me

Just follow along on the game-day thread, we'll tell you what's happening.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I think the obstructed views in the upper deck are only obstructed from seeing part of the stage. I'm not quite clear on why since it seems like they should see the entire stage but maybe it'll be an elaborate set. But it can't be too tall since they've opened up middle deck seats basically behind the stage.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

MassRafTer posted:

I think the obstructed views in the upper deck are only obstructed from seeing part of the stage. I'm not quite clear on why since it seems like they should see the entire stage but maybe it'll be an elaborate set. But it can't be too tall since they've opened up middle deck seats basically behind the stage.

Yeah I checked a bunch of seats in the available sections and they were all listed as obstructed so i’m guessing it’s just a stage view thing, which is fine with me. I couldn’t see the stage at either the New Japan MSG show or takeover brooklyn and still had a fantastic time at both, so I think I’ll be ok

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
So AEW is up to 14000 tickets sold for thei New York show and I just realised...

Proud n Powerful in New York.

It's going to happen.

They will get their shot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lid posted:

So AEW is up to 14000 tickets sold for thei New York show and I just realised...

It's going to happen.

Strap those boys up or the chancletas come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lid posted:

It's going to happen.

and this will prolly be the blowoff for jericho/mjf too