Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Titan.

Later on, after this campaign wrapped, Severance and Ospar played a one-off to track down one wayward titan who was slaughtering sages doing research in Shadow Thalos. But that session was more of a goofy one-off than an extension of this campaign.

But I think a cabal of archmages, four demon princes, a vampiric silver dragon, a death knight and the very embodiment of chaos itself was a decent enough challenge for our five, I mean four, stalwart adventurers. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I will sum up this exchange from my Thursday night Curse of Strahd game I'm running with a piece of art one of my best friends drew.

As one of said idiots, (Frey's player) I say in my defense I was up-front about being non-lethal.

And then Grouse cast Spirit Guardians while surrounded by said guards.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
What Happens Next

We stand at the base of the ziggurat and the dust of countless undead swirls about us in a choking storm. From the top of the ziggurat we hear the guttural roar of an ulgurstasta.

I look up at the obelisk. “The gate to Fowlsfield is open and its occupants are emerging.”

Snakeeyes raises an eyebrow. “Occupants?”

“Fine. Prisoners. You are talking semantics about the poor oppressed demon lords now?”

A shrug as Snakeeyes packs a bowl of krrf. “Anyone want some? It might be our last.” For the first time, Ospar reaches out a hand and takes the proffered pipe. He inhales and then exhales in a fit of coughing, doubling over from the effort.

Snakeeyes starts laughing as he takes his pipe back. “Virgin lungs!”

Severance shakes his head and silently hurries towards the bronze doors standing open at the base of the ziggurat. “We should g’t movin’. Tha’ ulgurstasta is prob’ly eag’r to g’t a-rampagin’ through th’ city an’ we best be indoors when ‘t does.”

And here we begin our attack on the Ziggurat of Zeech cum Lashonna’s fortress. We battle cultists, summoned demons, and a menagerie of strange creatures none of us have ever previously encountered. We win though the entry hall and begin our assault on the citadel itself, following a staircase steadily upwards as Severance and Snakeeyes push forward with Ospar and I providing defense against any ranged attacks or spells.

The ziggurat is well constructed as a temple but not so much in terms of defense and this works in our favor. The stone hallways and staircases are well lit and are wide enough for both warriors to wield their blades to deadly effect. Still the ziggurat is tall and the staircase winding and it is slow going. When there is a lull in the violence we are able to stop, bind and heal wounds, drink water, catch our breath.

“What do you suppose is going on outside?” asks Ospar as he washes his face of blood and soot from a waterskin.

Snakeeyes says, “Chaos.”

Severance weighs in after pouring a waterskin over his head. “Wha’ever’s ‘n th’ prison is pr’bly escapin’. Bashin’ th’ tar o’ta th’ city nae doubt.”

Just then a fresh wave of cultists and demons arrives and we are hard pressed once again, the inner circle of the Cult of Deceivers fighting us to the last.

Step by bloody step we gain the top of the stairs and emerge onto the flat top of the ziggurat. The air is charged with energy and the only object here is the black obelisk, but we are too late. The obelisk is no longer a black slab of stone. Instead it is a black doorway framing a portal of swirling hues of purple and green with long tendrils snaking outwards like a gigantic, ethereal amoeba questing for a meal.

Tucked away to the side of the portal is a ring of seven seated men, seemingly oblivious to their surroundings as they chant a constant litany of syllables while staring sightlessly into the distance. Standing nearby with a look of rapt expectancy is the striking figure of Lashonna. The swirling storm is pulling at her cloak and dress and tousling her hair but she stands motionless as she stares at the portal.

At that moment the portal flares bright purple and a marilith demon, a tanar’ri prince, steps out into reality. The demon looks around and immediately opens a gate of its own, stepping though and closing the gate behind it.

“Hells!” exclaims Ospar. “Remember? That was the marilith from the Battle of Pesh. One of the captains of the host of the Queen of Chaos. Imprisoned all this time!”

Lashonna turns and faces us finally.

“Too late!” she howls ecstatically. “Too late! The portal is open and the Daughter is come!”

Severance brings the Sword of Aaqa and the Lightning Sword together with a clash and a bolt of sonic energy shoots forward and knocks her to the ground. As Snakeeyes and Severance rush in to finish her, she stands up and changes. Where there was once a beautiful elven lady, there is now a magnificent silver dragon, scales gleaming but with a fell look in its eye.

“Fools!” she roars. “You shall be the first sacrifices when the Daughter comes in Her glory!” She begins to inhale and Severance and Snakeeyes jump into the middle of the ring of Deceivers and Severance sends another sonic bolt at her. Unable to attack Severance or Snakeeyes with her breath without harming her priests she turns and breathes an icy blast at Ospar and me. My elemental shield barely protects us but both Ospar and I are wracked with horrible frostbite as Lashonna leaps forward to attack with her claws as Snakeeyes slays two of the circle, interrupting the cadence of the chanting. But the portal stays open.

Ospar and I hop down off the top platform to the next lower tier, out of immediate line of sight from the rampaging silver dragon. I pull the Prison of Zagyg out of my coin-filled portable hole while Ospar starts drawing a pentacle on the ground.

There is a thunderous roar as the gate flares up once again. Ospar stops his work and peers over the top of the ziggurat at the portal.

“The Klurichir. A captain of the host second only to Miska the Wolf Spider.”

I’m arranging the Prison in the middle of the pentacle. “If they are unloading in reverse order, the Daughter should be next.”

“What are we going to do about the Klurichir?” Ospar is drawing again.

“I’ve no idea. Hope it doesn’t notice us?”

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

The Eagles Dragons are coming!

Severance and Snakeeyes have killed the cultists, but the portal to the Jail of Fowlsfield is still open. The duo are fully engaged with Lashonna and theirs is again a battle of maneuver and evasion, avoiding frost, claw, and tooth even as they dart in to seize the opportunity to slash and stab at silvery hide.

Within the city, the demons bound to the torches are starting fires, the ulgurstasta is creating new undead from victims it catches and devours and the Klurichir stands in front of the portal howling a deafening cacophony of jubilation.

Unexpectedly, there is an answering cry of challenge. Roars of fury echoes from the purple clouds overhead and a flight of four dragons streak down towards the city. They split up at the last moment, an old green crashing down on top of the ulgursasta, an old red and an adolescent black attacking the balor that was one of the first demons released, and a massive ancient blue dragon crashes down in a cloud of lightning against the Klurichir. They come together and then go over the side, crashing down the side of the ziggurat in a whirlwind of claws, teeth and lightning.

“Verrothrax! Verrothrax is here!” shouts Ospar and he dances a little jig. “Praise be!”

“Help me finish this, dammit!” and we set to drawing the concentric rings around the pentacle.

The air is alive with flame, freezing cold, poison gas, spellcraft, chaos and brimstone. There are thunderous roars and crashes as titanic beings struggle mightily among the buildings of Thalos and the demonic conflagration spreads.

And the portal flares again.

The Daughter emerges. With all that is going on, it is almost anticlimactic. She is a small human six year old with straight black hair. But her eyes. Her eyes are blacker than the deepest pit of the Abyss.

She stands quietly for a second and looks across the City. Smiles slightly at the violence. She waves a finger outward and the red dragon that was battling the balor demon falls down stone dead.

At her emergence, Lashonna the Silver Dragon turns to regard the Daughter of the Night with something akin to rapture. She brings her head up to howl with joy, but her elation is short lived. Severance seizes the opportunity in her distraction and swings both swords against her mighty flank. Both blades strike true and Lashonna is mortally wounded, crashing down and destroyed by the force of Law brandished by its champion. In seconds her carcass evaporates into a gaseous cloud that is borne away on the swirling gale.

I finish the incantation. “The Ritual is complete. I Name you. I name you Astalammetuniinki.” Hoping I nail the pronunciation.

Nothing happens.

“Dammit! Dammit dammit dammit!” I mutter and mentally reset, gathering my will and focus for another attempt.

“What in the hells?” asks Ospar.

“There were two names unaccounted for. We knew Laenaya’s name and there were three in the Demonomicon, so I guessed. Now shut up and help me do this again.”

Even in her moment of triumph, the Daughter must have sensed something amiss because she opens a gate that irises open, revealing a swirling maelstrom beyond. But before she can step through, the gate suddenly slams shut, leaving her standing awkwardly on one foot as she whirls around.

I begin the incantation again, focusing my spirit and visualizing the entrance to the Prison of Zagyg and the Daughter within it.

She looks at me as I kneel next to the birdcage-like Prison and raises her arm, but before she can slay me Severance is there, wielding the incomplete Rod of Law like a wooden no-dachi. He swings the Rod at her temple but she manages to block it with her forearm. There is a flash of light as the Rod splinters into two pieces that vanish into thin air. The Daughter is driven to her knees, momentarily stunned and Severance staggers backwards but manages to keep his footing. There is momentary pause as the Daughter collects herself, but then she raises a hand. As quick as a blink Severance is struck down dead.

There is no escape for any of us except to finish the incantation.

“The Ritual is complete. I Name you. I name you Rhaakhamvreesvasvaa.”

I don’t know what I expected. I do know that I didn’t expect nothing.

One minute she is on one knee with hand outstretched next to the corpse of Severance, the next she is gone. Demons are still battling dragons, the city still burns, Severance is still dead.

But the Daughter is gone.

Within the little brass birdcage there is a tiny figure, maybe two inches tall. A six year old girl with black hair.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh poo poo. RIP

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

I wrote a lot last night so sorry ahead of time to all y'all for all spam and the scrolling past you'll have to do. :)

Dawn of a New Age

Having slain the balor, the black dragon joins Verrothrok as he battles the klurichir and together they press their numerical advantage. Like the Daughter, the Klurichir attempts to escape by opening a portal and, like the Daughter, the portal snaps shut and a captain of the Queen’s Army is destroyed quickly thereafter.

As we stand catching our breath and looking at the birdcage, the Overlord Lucas van Neuman and Marja appear out of thin air to join us at the top of the ziggurat. The Overlord and his consort are badly wounded and appear to be supporting each other as they stand unsteadily.

“The Archmages are killed or scattered”, he says tiredly. “We’ve seen to it that they shouldn’t be a bother any further. The Battle Temples of Hextor and Heironeous are arrayed in the streets against the wall demons.”

Snakeeyes limps over from where he was kneeling by the corpse of Severance, a huge bleeding gash in his thigh and severe frostbite blackening part of his face. “Was that your trick with the portals?”

The Overlord nods. “Fowlsfield is still my domain. Although the barrier around the City has been destroyed, I can till monitor and prevent individuals from departing.”

I give the birdcage a curious little shake, but the figure inside does not move accordingly. “A tanar’ri has escaped. Can you track it? Where has it gone?”

Marja is eyeing Snakeeyes warily but Overlord Lucas Mortiz van Neuman is silently staring at the horizon, a blackened and stained sword held loosely in his hand.

Overhead the three dragons are circling and apparently having some kind of discussion, hundreds of feet overhead. Eventually the black and the green fly off in different directions, but the gigantic blue dragon descends, landing on the ziggurat with a crash. Saying not a word.

van Neuman looks to Verrothrok, then to Snakeeyes, and back again. He turns and has a quiet word with Marja, who shakes her head furiously, then begins to weep as he pulls away, back towards Snakeeyes who is staring unblinkingly at him, his bloody katana held in his hand.

“I am tired and my work here as jailer is over. A new jailer will take my place.” He pauses, looking at the birdcage. Addressing Snakeeyes without looking at him. “I will not fight you, Suruvic, though you might slay me.”

He turns to his consort and gives her a gentle kiss as she cries silently. “Goodbye my darling. Goodbye my love. I shall see you again, perhaps.” He then turns away and continues looking at the horizon.

Snakeeyes beheads him with a surgical sweep of his razor sharp katana while Verrothrok looks on, as still as stone.

As his corpse falls to the ground, a ghostly apparition appears behind where van Neuman had stood. He is a broad-shouldered, handsome man, proud of bearing and clear of eye. The hale van Neuman of his youth. The van Neuman before he became the bitter shell of a man we know. Wordlessly he smiles a gentle smile at Marja and holds out his spectral hand.

Tears leaving tracks down a face smeared with blood and dust, Marja says, “Since I no longer have anything compelling me to remain here, I shall depart this host to be with my beloved. This host will remain intact until you can reunite it using this gem within Runed Sardonyx.” She holds out a white gem on a fine silver chain.

She smiles through flowing tears. “Goodbye my warriors. Goodbye my fierce defenders.” Her eyes close, her head rolls forward and her body then collapses in a limp pile of slender limbs. For a moment, there are two ghostly figures standing together with eyes for nothing else but each other. Together they fade into the smoke and dissipating storm.

Snakeeyes nods mostly to himself and gathers up his mother’s body.

On this day, without speaking a further word to us, Snakeeyes climbs onto the shoulders of Verrothrok the Greatest, who clasps the body of Sultas gently in his talons. With a surge of his powerful legs they spring into the air, and with the cyclone blast of his mighty wings they soar into the new morning sky, past the smoke of the burning city and up where the air is clear and wholesome. I never see them again.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

In the months and years to come

Receiving the blessing of Hextor, the Miracle of Ospar resurrects Severance, who eventually takes up the mantle and scepter of Overlord of the city. His first order of business is to have Prince Zeech exiled from the city and his grants and titles forfeit. Severance the Overlord uses the millions of copper and silver and gold pieces from Dragotha’s hoard to rebuild the city and invests heavily in libraries, schools and other public spaces, as well as a fleet of trading ships. Thalos rises once again from the ashes for the eighth time and becomes a true City of splendor. The Pearl on the Coast.

I attune to Fowlsfield, the Earthnode of Thalos, and bind it to me. I am now aware of every living creature within the border of Fowlsfield and with its help I destroy or bind any lingering undead or demonic presence. Weeks later, after helping Severance settle into his role as Overlord, I then nodeshift to the Wormcrawl Fissure to begin my year of service to Zulshyn the exiled lillend in the Great Rift, learning a great many fell and wondrous things in my time with her. By this time I am easily as powerful as she and our relationship is more of a partnership than the acquisition of a manservant as she originally intended. Zulshyn asks me exactly one time what is in the sealed cold-iron box covered in runes that seldom leaves my sight. I ignore her question and she never asks again.

After my year is up but before I return to Thalos I nodeshift to the City of the Eagle Throne and have my revenge, destroying the Conclave of the Tower of High Sorcery, blowing my one-time mentor through the wall of his chambers. Only when these loose ends are snipped, and Dybeck’s corpse is cold and in the ground, do I take up the mantle of Warden of Fowlsfield. I return to Thalos and take up residence there, splitting time between Thalos and the City of the Eagle Throne far to the north: Not A Archmage, but The Archmage. The Archmage of the Twin Cities. Occasionally I sneak away to a little cottage near the Cairn Hills to maintain a vineyard and experiment with magical horticulture and oenology. My eiswein, grown and nurtured with spells to speed growth and balls of uttercold to freeze the grapes on the vine, is an effervescent and exhilarating experience.

Using Mahuudril’s Diary from the Well of Triptych Knowledge, Ospar hunts down and destroys any remaining heretics of the Temple of the Triple Aspect with ruthless efficiency. In recognition of his devotion to this cause and his unswerving devotion to the church, the College of Bishops installs Ospar as the High Priest of the Church of Hextor at Thalos.

But on that day Verrothrok and Snakeeyes fly to Runed Sardonyx, let themselves into the strange mystical fortress in the center of the mighty desert, and use the knowledge Snakeeyes gleaned from the Fountain of Dreams to place Sultas’ imprisoned spirit back into her body.

She stirs.

And sits up.

And looks around.

Her keen eyes take in the shimmering desert, the massive blue dragon who is her lover. Her strong son who is her treasure.

“Hello, Mother.”

“Hello, Golden.”

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 15, 2021

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Postscript

Many decades later. A cursed city rises from a sea of dust as it does once every eight hundred years. Within this lost and forgotten city, once called Andril, is a gate to a blasted and bottomless layer of the Abyss that Severance and I have dubbed Maelstrom. We creep out of the desert and though the sand-blasted ruins into the central temple building to defeat the cursed stone guardians and elementals bound to this place. We find within a strange black portal standing tall and alien. Through this gate I toss a sealed box, iron alloy forged of uttercold and covered with runes, tarnished and dull with age, and it tumbles into the swirling void. Together we walk out of the building and into the desert to keep watch. Two days later the city descends and is swallowed up by the sand. The desert once again remains inhospitable and undisturbed.

For eight hundred years.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Thank you for this, been a hell of a story

Agrikk posted:

Occasionally I sneak away to a little cottage near the Cairn Hills to maintain a vineyard and experiment with magical horticulture and oenology. My eiswein, grown and nurtured with spells to speed growth and balls of uttercold to freeze the grapes on the vine, is an effervescent and exhilarating experience.

Also it's good to have a non-vengeance hobby

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Thank you for this, been a hell of a story

Also it's good to have a non-vengeance hobby

Seconded! It was a ride yeah.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Holy gently caress.

:golfclap:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

And so concludes another epic campaign

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Aniodia posted:

Holy gently caress.

:golfclap:

This entire story was one hell of a ride. Thanks for letting us see it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Absolutely fantastic story, and very well retold! Thanks for sharing.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Agrikk posted:

I wrote a lot last night so sorry ahead of time to all y'all for all spam and the scrolling past you'll have to do. :)

Don't you dare apologize lmao

This is like Christmas.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Double Cross update:

Francisco Franco died as he very briefly re-lived, mouthing off to people he thought were beneath him in both power and virtue. Not even his squadron of quirky hyper-specialized vatican knights were enough to keep him from getting utterly pulverized by a very, very angry werewolf powered by just a little bit of fairy luck and a space mage throwing around gravitational fields like no one's business..

Also the space mage dug too greedily and too deep and went mad with power, a condition that we are going to address next arc probably by pulling the good ol' snap out of it shonen fight. What we are probably not going to address as well, because none of our protagonists are very open about their problems, is the growing rift between them - Isabella the werewolf is starting to feel the strain of being the one everyone depends on and also the one no one reaches out to, Alex the space mage has been feeling the strain of the job more keenly than most (something that has to do both with the fact that they end up pushing themselves a lot and were sent to Literal Actual Hell by one of the people who ended up causing them to become a wizard in the first place ) even before the going mad with power bit, and Nuala the fairy knight is kind of actually regretting slipping from the yoke of her lady's influence because now she has to make decisions for herself and figure out how she wants to live her life, and both are absolutely terrifying and it'd be so much better if she was a proper fairy instead of a human with fairy powers (which is the sort of thinking that always goes well).

This game is the best sort of anime jrpg drama, is what I'm saying :allears:

Leraika fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 16, 2021

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

An excellent story, excellently told. Thanks for sharing!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

I can't say I ever really understood what the hell was going on in these stories, but it was always entertaining as hell to read them anyway, partly because of their sheer scale. Thank you for posting this epic-in-the-classical-sense tale. I hope the Archmage's garden is doing well :)

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Does he return in 800 years to toss another box into the abyss, filled with assorted weevils and aphids?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Leraika posted:

Double Cross update:

Francisco Franco died as he very briefly re-lived, mouthing off to people he thought were beneath him in both power and virtue. Not even his squadron of quirky hyper-specialized vatican knights were enough to keep him from getting utterly pulverized by a very, very angry werewolf powered by just a little bit of fairy luck and a space mage throwing around gravitational fields like no one's business..

Also the space mage dug too greedily and too deep and went mad with power, a condition that we are going to address next arc probably by pulling the good ol' snap out of it shonen fight. What we are probably not going to address as well, because none of our protagonists are very open about their problems, is the growing rift between them - Isabella the werewolf is starting to feel the strain of being the one everyone depends on and also the one no one reaches out to, Alex the space mage has been feeling the strain of the job more keenly than most (something that has to do both with the fact that they end up pushing themselves a lot and were sent to Literal Actual Hell by one of the people who ended up causing them to become a wizard in the first place ) even before the going mad with power bit, and Nuala the fairy knight is kind of actually regretting slipping from the yoke of her lady's influence because now she has to make decisions for herself and figure out how she wants to live her life, and both are absolutely terrifying and it'd be so much better if she was a proper fairy instead of a human with fairy powers (which is the sort of thinking that always goes well).

This game is the best sort of anime jrpg drama, is what I'm saying :allears:

I straight forgot the Space Mage had Time Casket, too. I forget they could do that. So Franco pulled out his own break-init-order ult because I was very much trying to take down Isabella to make her go into her 'release restriction level 0' ultimate therianthropy form he just got stone shut down instantly by Alex. I forgot Alex was over 100 and I forgot they could do that and so they completely no-sold the carefully set up super-attack of the boss and that is exactly what DX is for. What use is being able to freeze someone in time for a moment while laughing MUDA MUDA MUDA if you can't actually surprise the GM with it when they misplay against one of your trap powers?

Also I realize too late I made Franco basically Bradley from FMA (He had been raised by evil forces within the Inquisition and Opus Dei who remembered the power he granted them during the rule of Spain, and given superpowers, and also I just really wanted to do my own version of the Persona 2 Hitler Fight and one of the heroes grew up in Francist Spain so you know) but I am extremely glad I got to write about him getting murdered by JRPG heroes.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 16, 2021

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
You should compile those into a mini-novel, like with Tanicus. While you're at it, somebody repost the Tanicus Chronicles. I know that I have a copy saved somewhere, but there could be new people in the thread.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Captain Walker posted:

I hope the Archmage's garden is doing well :)

Strangely, Thys' vineyard was one of the details we liked the best about the closing of the campaign:

Here's this utterly ruthless mage slaughtering entire villages, selling pieces of his soul to devils and demons, taking over mage's guilds by force. And yet I'd like to think that future adventurers will run into him as this old-ish guy in muddy clothes puttering about in a vineyard next to a little hut in the middle of nowhere. They either treat him nice and find that he is a wealth of information about a great many things, or they treat him poorly and discover the earth elementals living under the ground keeping the soil healthy, the spectral servants tilling and weeding the fields, and the derghodaemons popping in and out of reality as they run errands to and from Thalos and the City of the Eagle Throne...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
According to my DM, curiosity does not spread the cheeks.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Ran my first combat of Lancer today- all my players enjoyed themselves and it worked out really great, and everyone's excited for the second half of the mission where they have to relieve an allied firebase that had been captured by corpro-backed guerillas.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

What is Lancer?

(Too tired to google it)

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Agrikk posted:

What is Lancer?

(Too tired to google it)

At it's most basic it's a game about Mech combat.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Agrikk posted:

What is Lancer?

(Too tired to google it)

Robots with toes.

Less jokingly: tactical mech combat in the vein of 4e/Strike! married to PbtA narrative out-of-mech play. There's an ongoing F&F review of the setting that does it more justice than I can.

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society

SkyeAuroline posted:

Robots with toes.

Less jokingly: tactical mech combat in the vein of 4e/Strike! married to PbtA narrative out-of-mech play. There's an ongoing F&F review of the setting that does it more justice than I can.

Does it have any online support, like roll 20 or whatever?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

Does it have any online support, like roll 20 or whatever?

There's a solidly good Foundry module for it, as well as an official free webapp for character creation and management

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
There's a thread too.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
According to my DM, the School of Conjuration holds the best keggers.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I don't know, but it's for sure better than the ones in the Necromantic College.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Abjuration school parties are so boring because everyone is shielded from getting drunk.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Illusionists and evokers compete to put on the best shows, but really it's whatever party the druids turn up to that really takes off

e:

Space Kablooey posted:

I don't know, but it's for sure better than the ones in the Necromantic College.

You say that, but there's a pretty good band of cleric/bards who turn up and play their parties.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

CobiWann posted:

According to my DM, the School of Conjuration holds the best keggers.

Your DM is lying to you and you know it. The School of Alteration is right there.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Space Kablooey posted:

…coining the phrase, “This party is SO dead.”

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Preechr posted:

Your DM is lying to you and you know it. The School of Alteration is right there.

For when you want that really altered mental state.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

Abjuration school parties are so boring because everyone is shielded from getting drunk.

Have you ever seen an abjuration demolition derby? it's great.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Agrikk posted:

…coining the phrase, “This party is SO dead.”

I do have to point out that, in any case, they have good spirits at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Last time I went to one, my gf ghosted me.