Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Einwand posted:

Ed said he was going to when all that came up awhile ago, and now multiple years later with Repentance having actually come out there's no sign of any sort of ceasing working with Tyrone.

Has he done anything with Nicalis beyond Repentance, since we all knew (because he said so) that he wasn't going to break contract with them over it.

But does finishing it mean porting work too? I hope he'd make Nicalis gently caress off and finish porting and stuff with someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

if it’s anything like other stuff nicalis is involved with ed can’t really sever ties with them if he wants to keep working on the game

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Blood Oath and Fanny Pack is a nice little bit of synergy

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I also found an amazingly broken synergy with Tainted Lilith: Ludovico Technique + Monstro's Lung. By themselves they're kinda crappy items for her (Ludovico throws a single controlable tear that disappears when you let go of the button, Lung adds a lot of time before you can babypunch again), but combined they let you shoot controllable clusters of tears that don't despawn.

Here I'm making a minefield out of the boss rush arena but that ended up being waaaay overkill: If you stack three or four tear clusters on their spawn points, the bosses just melt as soon as they appear. I ended up destroying Hush and Delirium extremely quickly with this combo, but I guess you could also add Lost Contact to completely defang them.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
In this blue baby run I've gotten Technology, Technology 2, and Technology X all within my first five items

E: add Tech .5 within 8

E2: turns out you need damage items to help you

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 9, 2021

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

man how the gently caress are you supposed to do the beast fight as tainted forgotten without recall, I did it because I got the item and holy poo poo lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Wrong thread

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Grapplejack posted:

man how the gently caress are you supposed to do the beast fight as tainted forgotten without recall, I did it because I got the item and holy poo poo lmao

How the gently caress am I supposed to beat Delirium as Tainted lost?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm trying to beat the Ultra Hard challenge and uhhhhhh it loving sucks.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

GrandmaParty posted:

How the gently caress am I supposed to beat Delirium as Tainted lost?

So you need two things: a form of lockdown and overwhelming damage. How delerium works is that he swaps between things and he sucks and isn't fun and is extremely bad but he has One Weird Trick: when he's in his giant head form, he has no boss armor. You have to freeze him while he's in this state and then blow him the gently caress up

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Brosnan posted:

You are not wrong.

Edit: Here is the post I made last time I remember Ultra Hard coming up;

SiKboy posted:

Good luck is pretty much all I got for you I'm afraid. It is the single worst challenge. Theres no real strategy because you dont know what item you are going to pick up, only thing I'd say is that if you are confident you can beat mega satan, stop picking poo poo up when you get close to the end in case its a dead cat or cursed eye.

Have a system for exploring rooms, as you cant see the map. I have a habitual exploration order in isaac regardless if I can see the map or not (Go west as far as I can, then return to the starting room, exploring side branches as I come to them. Then from the starting room, go north as far as I can, then return exploring... and so on clockwise until I've seen everything) and it really does help not getting too lost mostly.

You need survivability/healing (orbitals, curse of the vampire, book of revelations, book of belial, placenta, the nail, pyromaniac would be ideal but I find its rare as loving hens teeth) and a lot of damage to beat the challenge. Problem of course being that you cant see what any item is, so you cant do anything about this, and a lot of items that would ordinarily fill the healing niche are useless in Ultra Hard because hearts dont drop so you need things that directly heal or directly add hearts. If there is a library on the first floor open it as a priority and hope for the book of belial or revelations.

I saw suggestions online that you should take 2 heart devil deals in case its the nail personally I found it more productive to skip devil deals and hope for good items in angel rooms instead.

If you can identify a full health (or bad trip) pill early (or get phd) that would definitely help.

It took me countless runs, and a lot of frustation. But gently caress, you never know, your first run might be pyromaniac and epic fetus floor one and you'll walk it home! it wont be, but it does no harm to dream

So you have my sympathy. My winning Ultra Hard run clocked in at around 3 hours because I was relying on Placenta for healing, so had to keep putting the controller down and playing on my phone for a while until it kicked in.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 9, 2021

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Grapplejack posted:

So you need two things: a form of lockdown and overwhelming damage. How delerium works is that he swaps between things and he sucks and isn't fun and is extremely bad but he has One Weird Trick: when he's in his giant head form, he has no boss armor. You have to freeze him while he's in this state and then blow him the gently caress up

alternative: mod out boss armor because i'm not playing BoI for things to be fair and balanced

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Delirium:
Algiz rune plus Tarot Cloth. Don't pop it until after losing your mantle (actually, does Tarot cloth still boost runes in Repentance??)

Plan C with an extra life

Gnawed Leaf, an orbital, plus like 8 hours of something else to do

Some things you wouldn't expect can help, such as Death's List or Spidermod will actually show you where Delirium will appear. For example, you'll see the health bar or skull appear on screen before a stomp or teleport

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Tarot cloth does not boost runes or playing cards anymore, but a lot of the tarot card boosts have been buffed and it like quadruples with inverted cards

watho
Aug 2, 2013

also it gives some normal tarot cards pretty absurdly good effects, the stars turns the item room into an option item room, the hermit turns any greed shop into a normal shop, even if you previously fought greed

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Brosnan posted:

I tried ultra hard for weeks and then I got 1 run with brimstone, it ended up being a cakewalk

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Eclipse12 posted:

Delirium:
Algiz rune plus Tarot Cloth. Don't pop it until after losing your mantle (actually, does Tarot cloth still boost runes in Repentance??)

Plan C with an extra life

Gnawed Leaf, an orbital, plus like 8 hours of something else to do

Some things you wouldn't expect can help, such as Death's List or Spidermod will actually show you where Delirium will appear. For example, you'll see the health bar or skull appear on screen before a stomp or teleport

After bitching here, I did it.

Ghost pepper, thin mushroom, holy light, birthright, bighorn, eye of greed and perfection. Melted him down in about 30 seconds.

Died. Birthright kicked in, came back, finished him off.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

There's some kind of broken interaction with the Hook Worm trinket, Lachryphagy and Dead Onion. My damage was 5.41, but sometimes the tears would collapse into giga orbs that did 10000's of damage. I didn't notice until I accidentally instakilled phase 2 Hush, after a pretty normal phase 1.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Something happened to Lachryphagy in general in Repentance that causes it to amplify damage to a ridiculous degree under certain circumstances. Rubber Cement is another item that causes its damage to get amplified, as well as Sprinkler in some cases.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

so uh

why did I die to stomp when I'm explosion immune?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

bees x1000 posted:

so uh

why did I die to stomp when I'm explosion immune?

Stomps aren't explosions in Repentance.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Ah, this wiki page was updated for repentance but is missing that particular point.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Trying to unlock the Forgotten, panicked and got myself killed right as Satan died. So close.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What's the go-to method for unlocking The Lost nowadays?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Tainted Cain crafting. You can go the divorce papers route or craft mom's box and various battery items until you get the trinket. It's extremely tedious.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Ariong posted:

What's the go-to method for unlocking The Lost nowadays?

play the game as normal until you get the trinket and then do it. it’s rare enough that it isn’t really worth trying for imo but it’s common enough that you will stumble onto it eventually, and remember that it’s always worth throwing away your current run for that unlock. always.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I found the trinket three times before I could use it to unlock the lost: once in greed and twice in challenges. It was pretty frustrating!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

watho posted:

play the game as normal until you get the trinket and then do it. it’s rare enough that it isn’t really worth trying for imo but it’s common enough that you will stumble onto it eventually, and remember that it’s always worth throwing away your current run for that unlock. always.

Yeah, so far I’ve found it once and I lost my chance because I forgot that once you hit the spikes enough they teleport you directly to the dark room.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Is there a reason to unlock sticky nickels?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Willo567 posted:

Nope, aside from general achievement completion stuff. They were supposed to have a chance to replace pennies. However they instead are bugged to replace nickels, making them a strict downgrade. The chance for running into a Sticky Nickel is pretty small though. I think it’s like less than 1 in 200 on a coin spawn?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Willo567 posted:

pennies turn into sticky nickels, not nickles

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Willo567 posted:

You'll need to do it eventually in order to get all the completion marks, which unlocks a couple of very strong items.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Been playing BoI a lot more casually than some other recent releases, so I get that it's pretty late to be making this brag, but I just finished unlocking all of the tainted characters! I don't know why, but having unusable characters in this game bothers me. I think I'll make completing the new challenges my next goal.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

after 30+ attempts I finally stop choking and get the completed shovel to the dark room. I steamroll the place and find the dig spot in the very last room.

I use the shovel.

Nothing happens.

OH.

HELL.

NO.

you have to be standing on the dig spot, just being in the room isn't good enough. I have no more rooms to recharge.

SCREW THAT. I enable the debug console, spawn a battery and move on with my life. Forgotten unlocked.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lmao that's one hell of a brain fart. I absolutely would have cheated that as well. Enjoy playing the easiest character in the game as a reward for your struggle

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
T. Beth is silly when she goes off. Fastest Ultra Greedier kill I've managed by a mile. Getting Jar of Wisps from the Angel Room on the 2nd floor helped protect my Lemegeton wisps from spawning monsters.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

SiKboy posted:

So you have my sympathy. My winning Ultra Hard run clocked in at around 3 hours because I was relying on Placenta for healing, so had to keep putting the controller down and playing on my phone for a while until it kicked in.

Evil Eagle posted:

I tried ultra hard for weeks and then I got 1 run with brimstone, it ended up being a cakewalk

Had a go at it last night where floor 1 got me Mom's Knife and Gnawed Leaf, and floor 2 was Placenta... I'm like "Holy gently caress finally, this is the run!" and then the other floor 2 item was loving Shard of Glass god drat it I hate that stupid loving item

I wanna say "gently caress this game" but I know full well I'm gonna be back at it tonight.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I think I just completed the absolute worst run in the game.

Tainted Lazarus Delirium Run. And you know what I got on the last floor? Curse of the loving unknown.

Eat my asssssss!

Everything else is smooth sailing from here.

My reward:

gently caress all.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

How do you beat Greedier mode with Jacob and Esau? i always get caught on rocks i can’t see because there’s a million enemies on the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

How do you beat Greedier mode with Jacob and Esau? i always get caught on rocks i can’t see because there’s a million enemies on the screen

1) Get OP with Tainted Cain
2) Craft the Clicker
3) Craft Ankh or Lazarus' rags and die so you resurrect as a non-tainted character.
4) Clicker until you're J&E

I assure you this is the developer intended way to do this. You'll also need to craft some garbage items since clicker removes the most recent item you made.