Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

They really should have spent more than two minutes coming up with that name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
anyone else noticed they muted the crowd for big e's entrance ?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Is Corbin trying to grow out what little hair he has?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh my good god does Otis look terrible, and I cannot believe how bland Chad Gable looks now

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Kunabomber posted:

To be fair, it's probably a huge leap if WWE is the only promotion that you know. IIRC Big E was directly recruited from the college weight room and Kofi was just about ready to break out from his wrestling school promotion when he qualified at a WWE tryout. Xavier Woods seems to have the most amount of pre-WWE experience so that may be a reason why he has contingencies in place like a spot at G4.

It could also be they've just decided to wait out their contracts to have backup plans in place. That'd be a smart way to do it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Only one who I don't expect to retire/go part time is Big E. It does make some sense now to just wait it out compared to when they only had wrestling.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Show was ok. Matches were there. Angles were whatever. The crowd was hot early and seemed to kind of taper off as the show went on. The crowd made the show better than the last several have been though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I mean, the point is that it's supposed to be shoddy and bad because Corbin made it. There's a lot more to go after in WWE than this, which is pretty funny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Most of their live events, especially the TVs are doing OK, some even good but a couple house shows are just dire. How dire?

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1416230776434270212

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1416230917727784968?s=20

Welcome back. You don't get to be on TV.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

What in the hell is up with that GCI Roman Reigns? That is the worst thing I've ever seen

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

rotinaj posted:

Oh my good god does Otis look terrible, and I cannot believe how bland Chad Gable looks now
Ehhh, I'm not happy with Otis being massacred like this, but his heel persona and mannerisms work nicely. He's doing a good job with it.

Chad Gable is aggressively bland though yeah.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Crapple! posted:

What in the hell is up with that GCI Roman Reigns? That is the worst thing I've ever seen

I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Is it DBSjr or Scott Hall's kid that's a giant entitled shithead?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Crapple! posted:

just need one more good shot

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Penguin Patrol posted:

2040's Roman Reigns looking pretty good

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Vince looks and sounds leagues worse each time he's on television now. Are we sure this isn't a Stan Lee type situation with Nick Khan as the master puppeteer?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

Davey Boy Smith Jr wrestled a dark match.

so much for the new era hart foundation

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
hahaha holy poo poo the lovely cgi is animated now?!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dimebags Brain posted:

Scott's kid is an rear end in a top hat, surprise surprise. DBSJr. seems fine, just lacking any of his dad's natural charisma.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

holy gently caress the t1000 from terminator 2 looks miles better than this and that's 30 years old

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Penguin Patrol posted:

Is this an early preview of 2k21?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Man, I was hoping they'd get rid of the AR poo poo and the fake crowd noises, but Vince has gotten a taste of it and he'll never let it go until he dies

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm unironically digging heel Otis. I legit think he's bout to kill a mothafucka. Like why couldnt the last 20 failed giants be 10% as scary as this average height fat guy? I like how he just moves and attacks with these quick decisive bursts of energy. When he smacked Cesaro in the ear I was getting Vader vibes. He's very much pulling off big meaty man bumping meat.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lmao why are they re-doing the wrestlemania moment with the chair part jesus loving christ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Vince is pushing technology so that by 2030 he can leave out the wrestlers entirely and just have their CGI likenesses do the matches

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

I'm unironically digging heel Otis. I legit think he's bout to kill a mothafucka. Like why couldnt the last 20 failed giants be 10% as scary as this average height fat guy? I like how he just moves and attacks with these quick decisive bursts of energy. When he smacked Cesaro in the ear I was getting Vader vibes. He's very much pulling off big meaty man bumping meat.

Yeah, I don't like changing his entire look and he could still work as a face, but he's a heel that's actually intimidating which it seems like WWE hasn't had in forever.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blaise330 posted:

I'm unironically digging heel Otis. I legit think he's bout to kill a mothafucka. Like why couldnt the last 20 failed giants be 10% as scary as this average height fat guy?
Cuz Otis isn't gassed up, he's a legit tank, moves like a tank about to crush his opponent.

And yeah I'd rather he was face and they hadn't ruined his face push but... This is still better than everything else I saw on the show. The bit where he glanced at the ref and then just went back to murdering Cesaro was great.

Shoulda been a squash as an aside.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Spiderdrake posted:

I'd rather he was face and they hadn't ruined his face push

WWE.txt

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Digital Jedi posted:

Vince comes out to say a few words
https://streamable.com/93xw0y
I made it right up until he walked out with his dumbfuck strut

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Web dev team got hit in the budget cuts

I think they did it just as a jpeg because Vincels would actually donate if they made a real page.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm glad Vince, and fans, are back

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Vince looks terrible

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MJeff posted:

I think they did it just as a jpeg because Vincels would actually donate if they made a real page.

yea i was gonna say i actually appreciate the lazy jpeg bc i definitely expected them to try and milk some real money from people lol

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Dimebags Brain posted:

To elaborate on this:

Cody Hall: Signed to a New Japan deal and almost immediately got put into Bullet Club as their Young Boy, floated around in tags/ringside enforcer role with Gallows & Anderson/Young Bucks, didn't show a ton of promise, apparently got let go for attitude problems after a couple of years. Landed a job with Noah, lasted about two years before getting cut. Got a job with DDT and got cut after a year for making racist jokes about COVID. Came back to America and got signed to MLW, contract got pulled a day later. Does not appear to be very popular with THE BOYS and I've never seen him look terribly interesting.

Davey Boy Smith Jr: Also started in NJPW briefly, got signed to WWE, had a brief run as the Hart Dynasty, made his biggest name in Japan as part of Suzuki-Gun/Killer Elite Squad. I get the impression he helped his tag partner Lance Archer figure out whatever he was lacking before their team that turned him into a good wrestler like ten years into his career, seems generally well-liked/"a good hand" but none of the charisma his dad/various family members had.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks, I remember I think Janela’s tweet where he called out Cody Hall for “having the body and name you have and still not being able to get booked.” And I couldn’t remember what scion it was.

In other news, it’s like a month in and live crowds are back and nobody has tuned Rick Boogs’ guitar.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Over/Under on how many feet in the grave Vince is sits at 3.5.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I miss when Lance Archer to shower water over half of Japanese crowds

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That McMahon thing is loving hilarious. He literally says like 5 words and leaves, and he also look likes warmed over poo poo.

Also, the crowd sweetening in the few clips I clicked on is absolutely unbearable. They're lucky it's still a clear upgrade over the Thunderdome because drat is it bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oh my god them having to do super zooms and quick cuts to find the fans not cheering roman in that clip is hilarious