Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

Vince is pushing technology so that by 2030 he can leave out the wrestlers entirely and just have their CGI likenesses do the matches

bring back EDBW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Edge & Christian posted:

Came back to America and got signed to MLW, contract got pulled a day later. Does not appear to be very popular with THE BOYS and I've never seen him look terribly interesting.

Imagine being too much of a shithead chud to get a job at MLW of all places.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Did WWE hire the guys who made the CGI for Iron Maiden's music videos in 1998?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

they build roman up to be the top heel in the company, and when they have the crowd back and can finally get the live reaction they want for him after nearly a decade of trying, they drown it out with obvious fake cheering. i was in complete disbelief until ar roman made me almost fall out of my chair laughing. they've been using this poo poo for a year and it somehow looks worse than when they started

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Liquid Communism posted:

It could also be they've just decided to wait out their contracts to have backup plans in place. That'd be a smart way to do it.

They also split up during the Thunderdome era, which is far more of a "we're just not going to be on TV together" split up than a "we're constantly on other sides of the country and can't hang out" split.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lol what the gently caress is that awful CGI Roman Reigns? Why is it?!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’d like to think that Vince somehow got his hands on a PS2 devkit and told the production department to do something with it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Lol what the gently caress is that awful CGI Roman Reigns? Why is it?!

Vince saw this and found it very impressive

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonz posted:

I’d like to think that Vince somehow got his hands on a PS2 devkit and told the production department to do something with it.

Net Yaroze Vince McMahon is a gimmick I never knew I wanted

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 17, 2021

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

overmind2000 posted:

He saw the polygon T-Rex demo and was instantly mesmerized.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He decides that Alexa Bliss needs a PS1 game and we somehow get a crossover with Petscop

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I can't get over how much no one is getting over with Shotzi and Nox beating the tag champs non title in less than 3 minutes for back to back weeks.

The champs look bad, the titles look bad, Shotzi and Nox aren't being showcased and not winning the titles smells of either no plan or a plan for them to eventually lose the title match.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

wow wwe does a lot of rollup/distraction finishes huh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I miss when Lance Archer to shower water over half of Japanese crowds

I just got sad when I realized just how much "wrestler spits on the crowd" will never be coming back

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

the animated cgi roman is extremely funny. it looked like some giant jrpg final boss doing their big aoe attack. the big heel theyve spent a year building up getting cheered by the crowd and having to pipe in boos was also really funny.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just got sad when I realized just how much "wrestler spits on the crowd" will never be coming back

Not only that we probably won't get mist spots back as well. Pour one out for Bushi

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like how WWE first started doing the CGI at WrestleMania 34, but it looked so ridiculous that they just stopped mid-show. Now, instead of actually improving it in any way since, they've just added it everrrrywherrre. Vince, you had the right idea the first time when you popped into the truck to tell Dunn to knock it off.

Bianca Belair's entrance is awesome because of her movement and confidence and energy; we don't need all the floating lips and whips and poo poo

bartok
May 10, 2006

I think they need to add CGI effects when a WWE Superstar does one of their signature spots. I want modern day WWE to eventually resemble WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bartok posted:

I think they need to add CGI effects when a WWE Superstar does one of their signature spots. I want modern day WWE to eventually resemble WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game.

Makes me think of the 205 live intro, which I forgot also had CGI dudes for some reason. They ran out of footage of humans maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM57sWXCm3k

Now that the screens are gone, I may actually go back to watching 205 live. Anyone catch it last night?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

with delta rising I hope they kept the thunderdome because they're going to need it

I looked at tickets at the Augusta GA show just to see and our popup says IN GEORGIA IT'S YOUR FAULT IF YOU GET COVID SUCK poo poo (paraphrasing) and I laughed and laughed and laughed.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

with delta rising I hope they kept the thunderdome because they're going to need it

I looked at tickets at the Augusta GA show just to see and our popup says IN GEORGIA IT'S YOUR FAULT IF YOU GET COVID SUCK poo poo (paraphrasing) and I laughed and laughed and laughed.

WWE New Variant Rising

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

overmind2000 posted:

Now I want Ini Kamoze Vince McMahon

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE announced for next week's Smackdown we will get Bianca Belair vs Carmella for the Smackdown Women's Championship.

All because Carmella called Bianca a cheater.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
House show numbers are down so now RAW and Smackdown are used as House Shows to test matches for the PPVs.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Everyone is focusing on how awful animated CGI roman reigns is but no one is focusing on how awesome animated CGI tall skeleton man from wrestlemania is GOING to be

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lethrom posted:

Everyone is focusing on how awful animated CGI roman reigns is but no one is focusing on how awesome animated CGI tall skeleton man from wrestlemania is GOING to be

We should probably be happy that Vince didn't insist on practical effects and exhume Andre's skeleton for this purpose.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they're really gonna milk that loving "choked with broken chair leg" spot til it sucks, huh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1416437804486172674

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Yeah, we know, that show was yesterday. Slow news.

Oh July 23rd

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ASenileAnimal posted:

the big heel theyve spent a year building up getting cheered by the crowd and having to pipe in boos was also really funny.
now imagine if they had the foresight (lol) six years ago to exploit the boos and start building him as a heel back then

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Every single person in the replies is 100% certain it's set up so Sasha Banks can show up and interfere. It's certainly possible, but somehow even after all this years WWE stans still can't accept the possibility that WWE will just run the exact same match again a week later with the same result for no reason. And probably again the next week and the week after that.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Toni Storm will probably interfere and attack Bianca to set up her next challenger, and Carmella will get shuffled off back to catering even though she'd have more reason to be mad about an interference than Bianca would.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

so this crowd is getting a 1 week rematch + a bunch of taped matches shown on the titantron

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Its rematches all the way down

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

so this crowd is getting a 1 week rematch + a bunch of taped matches shown on the titantron

you think that’s bad, the poor folks at the music festival have to watch dozens and dozens of bands not a single person has ever heard of before

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonz posted:

I have a PS2 devkit. Hire me Vince.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how the gently caress does AEW/Impact have smaller women's divisions and have less rematches

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

how the gently caress does AEW/Impact have smaller women's divisions and have less rematches

It's not just the women. Look at how giant the WWE roster is, but it's like all rematches all the time.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd say it's the roster split but even if they merged the brands it'd probably be the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Its so big they had to save money by letting go of Rusev and Aleister Black which in no way backfired at all

(I was going to include Brodie Lee here but i literally cannot remember his WWE name despite being there for a decade)