Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson and England’s defeat – After social media abuse of three black England players when the team lost to Italy in the Euro 2020 final, Boris Johnson has been accused of failing to take a clear stance against racism"

Telegraph:

Matt:

‘Devastating’: WHO scientist condemns Euro 2020 final over Covid risk

Independent:

Times:

Richard Branson flies to edge of space in Virgin Galactic passenger rocket plane; Boris Johnson urges Covid caution amid warnings of 200 deaths a day

Evening Standard:

England’s Tyrone Mings criticises Priti Patel over racism remarks; London and southern England hit by torrential rains and floods

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on…Freedom Day

David Squires:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
And a bonus one from Australia from Big Thread:

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warren Brown:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What is blower trying to prove there? Everyone is wrong but me?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Terrible people/companies/government officials are refusing to allow his freedom by continuing to wear masks and guilting him into doing the same.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

He's trying to prove that he's a loving moron. Which is not really necessary, he's already done that perfectly well before now.

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

Special nod to rancid sack of poo poo Christian Adams for this smug piece of excrement rubbed all over a newspaper. Yeah, because political cartoonists are famous for not working from home. Twat.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

Social pressure works better for public health than legislative force. A good cartoon.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on…Freedom Day

utterly speechless at agc by paul

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

learnincurve posted:

Is it REALLY freedom if people are allowed to disagree with me, personally, a cartoonist?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Did BoB get sacked for saying the virus was made up or what

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the charge that Priti Patel ‘stoked the fire’ of racism – England player Tyrone Mings has accused the home secretary of hypocrisy by ‘pretending to be disgusted’ by racial abuse at the England team after calling its anti-racism message gesture politics"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

From 2008: Johnson's 'piccaninnies' apology

Times:

Evening Standard:

Masks to remain compulsory on London tube, buses and trains

Mail:
Paul Thomas on….Pingdemic Pandemonium

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The streets are packed already, meaning Blower is too busy pissing his pants to have gone outside and noticed, which is incredibly funny.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

the sex ghost posted:

Did BoB get sacked for saying the virus was made up or what

He is still tweeting unceasingly, my eyes glazed over after the hundredth harumph about masks or retweet of someone claiming the vaccine is death, so I can't be sure if he posted anything about his current employment status. There are some actual cartoons he keeps reposting, not sure how new all these are but they do say '21 at least:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1415358598088208393

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1415035890821439489

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1411038149300588549
This seems to be him trying to be Chris Riddell but coming off a bit more Sinfest

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1410119429308964866

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1404003662402404357

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, so he is still an idiot being given a platform. Good to know.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on MPs backing £4bn cut to foreign aid budget — Downing Street has been accused of putting tens of thousands of lives at risk in some of the world’s poorest nations after Conservative MPs voted to cut billions of pounds in foreign aid for years to come"

Telegraph:

Act now or NHS could be overwhelmed this winter, report warns; Golf is back on its prime UK platform as Open tees off at Sandwich

Matt:

Independent:

England’s Bukayo Saka urges social media platforms to act after racial abuse

Times:

Evening Standard:

TfL fare rise bombshell could ‘hamper efforts to get Londoners back to the office’

Mail:
Paul Thomas on…Whitehall ping pilot scheme

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Is Paul feeling ok? He seems to be have done two good cartoons (in content if not artwork) in the space of a week

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now that you mention it, his art also looks better than usual, too. More variety in characters, stronger grasp on perspective and anatomy. Maybe he quietly subcontracted his work to a younger cartoonist for half the pay.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
he's just cut down on the day drinking a bit imo :ssh:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Maybe he reads the thread and is willing to accept constructive criticism :tinfoil:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
his cars are still full of foam though

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s ‘levelling up’ agenda — Boris Johnson has called for greater devolution across England as a way to boost his ‘levelling up’ agenda, while indicating this would only be granted for areas where the leadership was viewed as sufficiently pro-business"

Telegraph:

Nightclubs admit confusion over UK Covid rules as ‘freedom day’ nears

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

No 10 refuses to back down amid warnings over an isolation ‘pingdemic’

Mail:

Food strategy calls for £3bn sugar and salt tax to improve UK’s diet

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

I take back what I said about Stephen Collins being mostly alright.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK’s Covid ‘pingdemic’ – Ministers have shelved proposals to urgently overhaul the Covid contact tracing app in England as cases surge, prompting claims they have lost control of the so-called ‘pingdemic’"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Delacroix.

The i paper:

Times:

Death toll exceeds 160 as Germany and Belgium hit by devastating floods

Mail:

Stephen Collins:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
SHAM
PAGNE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Libertarian misleading the people is a good gag

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Walrus and the Carpenter, Boris and Rishi style – Chris Riddell gives Lewis Carroll’s poem a makeover"

Sunday Telegraph:

Quarantine to remain for vaccinated UK travellers returning from France

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
is there more to this "pingdemic" thing than the fact that cases are rising and thus more people are getting infected? haven't really kept up with this

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Angepain posted:

is there more to this "pingdemic" thing than the fact that cases are rising and thus more people are getting infected? haven't really kept up with this

Pretty much. We've given up as a nation, so covid is going to spread like loving crazy. Even if deaths are significantly lower, everyone is expecting more infections than ever, and have decided to just accept this so they can go to the pub.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s looking like every single person who attended Wembley got covid or got pinged. The app has always been stupid because it doesn’t recognise walls, people are just noticing it more because of the sheer volume of positive test cases.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson being pinged by the NHS Covid app – The British PM will self-isolate after coming into contact with the health secretary, who has Covid-19. He had initially tried to avoid isolation by saying he was part of a pilot testing scheme, prompting a public outcry"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Bonus! David Squires on Space Jam 2.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Keir Starmer and the proposed purge of Labour’s far-left – The Labour leader is expected to support a proposal before the party’s governing body to proscribe four named groups that were vocal supporters of Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership" After Uccello.

Telegraph:

CBI and Marks & Spencer join calls for government to tackle ‘pingdemic’; :sun: UK weather: heatwave health alert for England extended to Friday :supaburn:

Matt:

Six Team GB athletes forced to isolate after Covid scare before Olympics

Independent:

Covid: Only double-vaccinated allowed in nightclubs from end of September, Boris Johnson says

Times:

Evening Standard:

Andrew Lloyd Webber cancels opening night of Cinderella due to Covid case

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the PM's isolation

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s ‘get Covid and live longer’ message — Boris Johnson said he was not prepared to lock down the country to save people in their 80s, according to new WhatsApp messages released by Dominic Cummings"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Jeff Bezos hails ‘best day ever’ after successful Blue Origin space flight

Independent:

:sun: It's still hot! :supaburn:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Funding cuts to go ahead for university arts courses in England despite opposition

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... an idea

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Blower flat out believes the virus is a hoax now

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
His board has both bad numbers and snakes with heads at the wrong place, so he is also an incompetent artist.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

goatface posted:

His board has both bad numbers and snakes with heads at the wrong place, so he is also an incompetent artist.

haahahaha he skipped 10 and got two 25s in there. what an idiot

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK’s demand for, and hatred of, passports – While the Tories agree £55m deal with France to fund migrant clampdown, the party face a huge rebellion over plans to introduce so-called Covid passports"

Telegraph:

UK says it wants to substantially rewrite Northern Ireland Brexit protocol

Matt:

Independent:

Keep life moving: the latest in a long line of UK Covid mantras

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... birthday presents

He's George the Eighth! Adorable future king sports £10 John Lewis polo shirt as he poses on a Land Rover Defender in a sweet tribute to Prince Philip in new birthday photo taken by Kate Middleton; Harry 'DIDN'T warn Charles about $20m book deal': Royal Family are left 'surprised' as Duke reveals he has written Megxit memoir 'not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become' - but experts ask what will his 'truth' be?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
royal babby wills and kate :holy:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The bow around the goldfish had me slightly amused. Good job, Paul, you sad sack of poo poo.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Seeing a whole load of '88's at that party, glad to see them continuing royal family tradition :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s plan for Covid passports — Boris Johnson faces a tight vote over plans to make Covid certificates compulsory for nightclubs"

Telegraph:

Some Tory MPs to boycott conference if vaccine passports required for entry

Matt:

Supermarkets struggle to stock shelves as ‘pingdemic’ havoc spreads

Independent:

BMA calls for ‘urgent rethink’ of government’s Covid strategy

Times:

Evening Standard:

Tokyo’s opening ceremony plays it safe in extraordinary circumstances

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... supermarkets running out of staff and products

'I'm working in here until we can restock the supermarket'