Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

it is hilarious their big defense plan is “uh maybe we could have some ratting fleets I dunno”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

You people are loving dense... All spin aside, you are legit daft as gently caress and it's sad. Reading comprehension is really not that loving hard.... The war being the cause for the pcu drop is being pushed by that greedy ignorant gently caress (your supreme leader. The one you guys take turns sucking off) the Matani. What matteral is saying is that typically after a war ends the pcu goes down for a time because of burn out and that scarcity is what has caused the drop in pcu.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Not so much this as it just simply makes it harder for any of them to leave. The ideal scenario would be that only one or two groups decide to leave, leaving the rest in T5ZI. Those one or two groups that leave can't do so if we've snapped the keepstars on the way out.

Granted, this also means that they can perform a coordinated retreat coalition wide, but that is fine too.

Coordination is not one of the enemy's strengths.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why, to avoid creating some revanchist poo poo?

You win wars in eve by making your opponent lose the will to fight. It’s much, much easier for your opponent to stop fighting when they have an extremely easy way out. FRT has already shown people the easy way to evacuate (Step 1 YZ9 KS).

At this point it feels like they are dumpstering fleets in a desperate attempt to change the narrative and have SOMETHING to point to as a positive. It also has the secondary benefit of leaving them with less poo poo to evacuate out.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You people are loving dense... All spin aside, you are legit daft as gently caress and it's sad. Reading comprehension is really not that loving hard.... The war being the cause for the pcu drop is being pushed by that greedy ignorant gently caress (your supreme leader. The one you guys take turns sucking off) the Matani. What matteral is saying is that typically after a war ends the pcu goes down for a time because of burn out and that scarcity is what has caused the drop in pcu.

It's my turn to suck off the Matani!!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Does the author know that PAPI's leadership claimed responsibility for scarcity? :smuggo:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've started reading Empires of EVE, interesting stuff. If NC and Band of Brothers were sworn enemies, why does the former seem to hate goons so much? Or is the current Northern Coalition a different group with the same name?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

I've started reading Empires of EVE, interesting stuff. If NC and Band of Brothers were hated enemies, why does the former seem to hate goons so much? Or is the current Northern Coalition a different group with the same name?

Different group (with a dot). Current NC. is basically the descendent of BoB.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's like if we disbanded and then started calling ourselves Band of Bros. Please be more original and less generic

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

I've started reading Empires of EVE, interesting stuff. If NC and Band of Brothers were sworn enemies, why does the former seem to hate goons so much? Or is the current Northern Coalition a different group with the same name?

NC. Took that name when NC was still active as an attempt to troll them.

When IT alliance collapsed the dregs drained into NC.

When NC collapsed the dregs eventually filtered into a mix of us and NC. (Despite NC. Being amongst the groups that killed NC)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cardinal directions don't even make sense in space!!

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Phlegmish posted:

Widdershins alliance FTW!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Also because goons are basically Ragnaros so it's not so much hatred as they want their sweet purps.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

But then we would've never had a King in the North

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Does anyone have any info on this kill? https://zkillboard.com/kill/94011113/

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
it would have lived if it were a shield super

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
I have resigned to the fact I'll never be getting my Empires of EVE books. :(

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Otacon posted:

Does anyone have any info on this kill? https://zkillboard.com/kill/94011113/

Everytime I see something like this I like to imagine it's some SAPI pilot trying to complete their W6V pilgrimage in some sort of eve equivalent of a cargo cult.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What if the Big Announcement is that Goons get kicked out of TTT?

Get used to shooting structures in hisec

Vily admitted he can't defend it on trash talk Tuesday last week

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What if the Big Announcement is that Goons get kicked out of TTT?

I wouldn't mind too much

I get the reasoning but the existence of that arrangement still makes me uneasy

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Phlegmish posted:

Why are the Drone Regions called the North, anway? They're more like the southeast.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dik Hz posted:

Why are the Drone Regions called the North, anway? They're more like the southeast.

They aren't? The "North" is places like Tenal and Deklein.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Dalmuti posted:

Get used to shooting structures in hisec

Vily admitted he can't defend it on trash talk Tuesday last week

I really hope we don't have to spend a few months dealing with highsec structures. But if so, I imagine our competent and forward thinking leaders have a "break glass in case of emergency" plan for dealing with TTT Keepstar.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

coelomate posted:

I really hope we don't have to spend a few months dealing with highsec structures. But if so, I imagine our competent and forward thinking leaders have a "break glass in case of emergency" plan for dealing with TTT Keepstar.

An army of alpha pilots in never-ending T1 Thrashers, you say?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Ynglaur posted:

An army of alpha pilots in never-ending T1 Thrashers, you say?

A use for my mission running marauders you say?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the whole reason behind the TTT is that every major nullsec power effectively has a veto over its existence. without the TTT agreement, nobody gets anything because the keepstar doesn't live for long, and so nobody uses it.

the whole reason that TEST is still paying us our share despite trying as hard as they can to kill us (and failing) is because if they don't, it dies.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Wait what is TTT? Test is still paying you for it because if they didn't, you'd kill it off?

Edit: NVM I googled it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't want to be in any sort of donut with these guys but them's the breaks

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

it's more of a giant middle finger to highsec

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They aren't? The "North" is places like Tenal and Deklein.
I've heard it tons of times through the years.

I agree that it's sensible to call Guristas space the North.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hey recruitment guys can i stick my alpha account back in waffe so i can fly a tornado in delta sqad

i don't want to move the rest of my poo poo but if you're smashing tornados and thrashers into people i can get behind that in a big way

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

ShowTime posted:

Wait what is TTT? Test is still paying you for it because if they didn't, you'd kill it off?

Edit: NVM I googled it.

I Don't Feel Safe Using TTT While It's Under PAPI Control After Seeing Their Leadership Direction. Can We Petition To Pass TTT To a More Secure Alliance Like Goons?

With the current state of the environment and incompetent leadership from PAPI. I do not feel safe keeping assets or transacting in the TTT. If the greatest coalition in the game cannot contain and destroy the Imperium, how will they protect our trading capital.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

hey recruitment guys can i stick my alpha account back in waffe so i can fly a tornado in delta sqad

i don't want to move the rest of my poo poo but if you're smashing tornados and thrashers into people i can get behind that in a big way

Dont have access to pyfa rn, but there is no way you can fly the current nado fit with an alpha clone. You should do it anyway to trash.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

the whole reason behind the TTT is that every major nullsec power effectively has a veto over its existence. without the TTT agreement, nobody gets anything because the keepstar doesn't live for long, and so nobody uses it.

the whole reason that TEST is still paying us our share despite trying as hard as they can to kill us (and failing) is because if they don't, it dies.

Which is pretty neat, all things considered.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Also because nobody wants to wage war in highsec and this is the best way of avoiding that.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Phlegmish posted:

Think about how lovely the PAPI pubbies are- and know that highsec pubbies are 10x worse.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

you touch computers, you have $15 to fly a tornado

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

:shobon:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Did anyone save the new papi leaks? Koahi nuked the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
At this point I can't be sure which leaks are the latest. Just so many of them.