Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

RealFoxy posted:

That was because he had Bruiser Brody style furry boots and "HUSSS" was Brody's audible in-ring thing, like Mick Foley used to do "ah-huh-huh" loudly to hide calling spots

Wait, really? drat, I've been wrong for 20 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Edward Mass posted:

Wait, really? drat, I've been wrong for 20 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZaFp7O2d2k

Unfortunately Brodie Lee was the closest to channel the spirit of Brusier Brodie and they both died way too early :(

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

With Blitzkreig who got a ton of buzz but left the business early. Super Dragon was pretty early in his career at the time though

Fun fact: Blitzkreig gave his gimmick to Jack Evans when he retired.

I saw their dark match before an episode of Thunder and it blew our minds. The crowd loved the high flying stuff they did, it was super innovative at the time. My friends and I only had some limited exposure to lucha from WCW and getting ECW PPVs on black box cable but we loved it and they did some crazy stuff.

Match starts at 24 minute here:

https://youtu.be/FNx9fPl8qSo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
An absolute must listen to old interview is Bryan's old Figure 4 Daily interview with Brodie Lee. Highlight is when Bryan starts asking questions from Mookie.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

An absolute must listen to old interview is Bryan's old Figure 4 Daily interview with Brodie Lee. Highlight is when Bryan starts asking questions from Mookie.
Do you have a link to the archives? Brodie's always been a fun guy to listen to. Despite his appearance he was so well spoken and a great story teller

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Do you have a link to the archives? Brodie's always been a fun guy to listen to. Despite his appearance he was so well spoken and a great story teller

https://www.f4wonline.com/figure-four-daily/figure-four-daily-brodie-lee-his-career-chikara-evolve-more-177156

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Thanks boss! I always loved how Brodie would kayfabe being a dirty trucker but everyone behind the scenes would talk about how great he smelled and the stains on his gear were fake and he would obsessively clean his gear to the point he was one of the cleanest guys in the indie scene

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

RealFoxy posted:

Thanks boss! I always loved how Brodie would kayfabe being a dirty trucker but everyone behind the scenes would talk about how great he smelled and the stains on his gear were fake and he would obsessively clean his gear to the point he was one of the cleanest guys in the indie scene

It's like he knew people would assume the worst because of his gimmick so he worked hard to do the opposite, like a reverse Joey Ryan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Absolutely incredible Tanahashi story on Filthy Four Daily today. Filthy Tom talks about having to drive Dave home from a show a few years back because their driver got drunk, and they saw Tanahashi there so Tom went up and introduced him to Dave and asked if he knew him, and Tanahashi got all excited going,"Dave Meltzer? From the Wrestling Observer!?!" and they're all having a great time chatting, and Tom asks if he can snap a quick photo. Without missing a beat Tanahashi goes,"Of course.... $20."

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
That's why they call him the Ace of the Universe.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
TANAHASHI Didn't even give dude the brother price (an Abe) (($5))

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely incredible Tanahashi story on Filthy Four Daily today. Filthy Tom talks about having to drive Dave home from a show a few years back because their driver got drunk, and they saw Tanahashi there so Tom went up and introduced him to Dave and asked if he knew him, and Tanahashi got all excited going,"Dave Meltzer? From the Wrestling Observer!?!" and they're all having a great time chatting, and Tom asks if he can snap a quick photo. Without missing a beat Tanahashi goes,"Of course.... $20."

king

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

:worship:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

God, I love how pedantic Dave can be.

Bryan: [After Summerslam] Cena's going right back to Hollywood.* *Hollywood meaning to make movies.
Dave: No, he's going to Europe.* *Cena's filming a movie in Europe.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Thread:

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1417420335406673921?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy poo poo there is gold in that thread.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/trevordame/status/1417428366941048834?s=21

Lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That's uncanny

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The best bits are the ones about Bryan.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
"Bryan: Ok Dave, now let's cover the rest of WrestleMania, but we're going to have to rush because we're an hour in and all podcasts have a hard time limit."

:lmao:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Bryan for the 253rd consecutive week: No

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can you explain the references and jokes to me? they're always talking about what if stone cold committed suicide?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dave: Speaking of Lou Thesz, I hear the Rock and Daniel Bryan may be signing with MLW. I mean, like... there are things I could say. There are things I couldn't say. Things are happening.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

can you explain the references and jokes to me? they're always talking about what if stone cold committed suicide?

That is a joke about big stories getting buried by the format, I believe.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am crying

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1417424825379737602?s=19

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao at the piece of paper one. legit laugh from me alone in the room like a crazy person

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
God it's all so perfect and spot on. loving :lol:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I can hear the Dave ones in his voice and it just makes it better

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The one where the WWE announcer got the Mania V attendance wrong is where I lost it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:discourse:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The UFC one is so hilariously accurate

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
To be fair on the "podcasts have a hard time limit" one, doesn't WOL air on actual radio? So like, they do in fact have a hard time limit?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WOR and B&V have a 90 minute limit that Bryan tries to impose, apparently because whatever lovely platform he hosts his stuff on can’t handle files larger than that

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also because time zones mean Bryan is recording WOR at like 1am and he probably wants to get to bed before 3. WOL does air on actual radio and therefore does have a hard hour long time slot hence being about 40 minutes once the ads are stripped out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, Bryan has 2 kids sub-5 years old and Dave likes to do shows at 3am and never stop talking (which owns). It's not hard to see why Bryan wants to set a time limit.

Yet another reason to bring back Sin Limite!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So Bryan mentioned YT chat during the latest show, do they do live videos of their Tuesday shows if you subscribe to their YT channel?

I might pay for that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's a premium tier for Youtube Subscribers I believe which means you can watch their shows live.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

lol

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

:laugh: Oh, God, I haven't laughed that hard since 'straya day at the Simpsons meme thread. That was so perfect!

Any easy way to find those earlier recaps he talked about?

I hope someone linked to that on The Board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan :allears:

"In 2001 I think I was twenty...six?"
"Take away 20 from your age right now"
"This is very difficult, Craig. [pause] So I was 26 or something..."

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 21, 2021