Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
So is Goldberg a cheap way to "legitimize" a champion now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
oh what the gently caress NO

Sheamus did NOT fight Humberto again this week

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If only there were a way to capitalize on Goldberg’s popularity without having him muck up your title scene for six weeks every time he pops up out of nowhere

DeepDickPizza posted:

Nikki is going to drop the Title right back to Charlotte next week in a squash. They just wanted to up her number again.

I would wager Nikki may get pinned in non-title matches but probably retain her title for a little bit due to DQ or other shenanigans. Maybe she has individual TV matches against Charlotte and Rhea and they cost the other the win again, set up a three-way for SummerSlam

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Blaise330 posted:

oh what the gently caress NO

Sheamus did NOT fight Humberto again this week
At least humberto is on TV again after not being used for a year

Wasn't Humberto called up because Vince thought he was the new Latino Heat and liked his dimples? He didn't even spend time in NXT

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

So is Goldberg a cheap way to "legitimize" a champion now?

I wouldn’t call Goldberg’s quote for coming in to do a match cheap, no

But he’s literally like the only pre-2000s guy, the era now looked back on as “the good days” the way the 80s were in 1995 when everything was the drizzling shits, who can still work a basic match and actually wants to work with the company in a wrestling capacity, so

Yes

It’s also because Vince wants to get another guy over as having toppled the last star of his former competition because he fired the last guy he used Goldberg to put over

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
you forget that goldberg told mcintyre that he doesn't respect his elders and was cool after losing to him

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
WWE shop has new Braun gear up apparently

https://twitter.com/wwecrave/status/1417292896768729088

What flavor of ineptitude do we think this is, “oops dropped scheduled merch for a guy we released” or “oops just spoiled the surprise comeback”, and which would be funnier?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Have Braun and Goldberg face each other in a 60 minute Iron Man HIAC match.

Y’know. As a goof.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

you forget that goldberg told mcintyre that he doesn't respect his elders and was cool after losing to him

I like how I have a vague memory of hearing this happened but if you asked me to place even the rough time of year it happened I would only be able to stare blankly into space before my brain just went “well this is a waste of precious synapses” and I end up shrugging

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's extremely telling that the only guys in WWE who still get the monster pop are old part-timers.

Also I hope Goldberg takes Vince to the cleaners and has some two-minute nothing match where neither he nor Lashley gets hurt.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Cameo posted:

I like how I have a vague memory of hearing this happened but if you asked me to place even the rough time of year it happened I would only be able to stare blankly into space before my brain just went “well this is a waste of precious synapses” and I end up shrugging
The cinematic MITB match that happened just last year feels like a lifetime ago but Brodie Lee passed less than a year ago and that feels so recent

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Gonz posted:

Goldberg almost killed the Undertaker in Saudi Arabia.

the undertaker almost killed himself by being a big fat sack of dead weight who is so physically wrecked he couldn't even assist in performing the move

long live golberg

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Goldberg versus Braun in an Iron Man match? Imagine how many times they could do the “guy runs into the ring pole” spot. Awesome!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

Goldberg versus Braun in an Iron Man match? Imagine how many times they could do the “guy runs into the ring pole” spot. Awesome!

Just imagine the spear through the barricade spots.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

the undertaker almost killed himself by being a big fat sack of dead weight who is so physically wrecked he couldn't even assist in performing the move

long live golberg

goldberg is so washed he didnt even try the jackhammer and was squashed by McIntyre & Braun the last two times he showed up

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gonz posted:

Bobby Lashley needs to beat Goldberg in 15 seconds to avoid having his spine exploded by a botched Jackhammer.
Speaking of Lashley, I remember the time he had Big Cass up in a standing vertical suplex which ended up becoming a brainbuster because he couldn't hold him up for too long. Cass is lucky his neck wasn't destroyed.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

goldberg is so washed he didnt even try the jackhammer and was squashed by McIntyre & Braun the last two times he showed up

you love seeing a guy so selfless and willing to strongly put over the new generation

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

What flavor of ineptitude do we think this is, “oops dropped scheduled merch for a guy we released” or “oops just spoiled the surprise comeback”, and which would be funnier?

It’s WWE’s brilliant new money-saving strategy of just firing people and rehiring them for less money each time to get the return pop instead of rotating people in and out

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

CapnAndy posted:

I thought part of being future endeavored was that they could keep selling whatever of your merch is still laying around

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
is aliester black preorder shirt still up

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Karry on my wayward Kross

Even when you're getting squashed

Triple H's still got your back

In the minor leagues

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Reginald was made for the 24/7 division. Him just flipping around for a couple weeks until R-Truth rolls him up should be good.

Bobby vs Keith Lee was like 25% of a good match. If this was in another company I think it could have been all good, somewhere that would have just let those dudes have a 500lb cruiser match.

As bad as Rhea normally is,her and Charlotte had another good one, they have really good chemistry.

Nikki posing with Red Hat Guy after winning was kind of cool.

That poor new announcer tries to make everything have a logical explanation on this dumb show and I feel sorry for him. You really gotta go full Michael Cole (although stop short of Matt Striker) and divorce yourself from reality or you end up sounding like a moron.

John Cena is such a bigger star than anyone else on the show tonight.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

The cinematic MITB match that happened just last year feels like a lifetime ago but Brodie Lee passed less than a year ago and that feels so recent

The difference between an ongoing show where nothing ever seems to change and nothing happens and an ongoing show where things are constantly changing and happening, elucidated simply

And sadly

:smith:

I actually pulled up the Exalted One reveal segment on YouTube today and Excalibur literally yells “steamrolls Daniels like a big rig!”, never caught that before

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And lo, Vince spoke unto HHH and said that Kross only liked him because he gave them the fancy entrances, a hot valet, big title wins and a consistent push.

So HHH sets out to prove Vince wrong. He takes away the cool entrance, the hot valet and has him job out to aging jobber Jeff Hardy. Still Kross Is Just Happy To Be Here. So Vince says unto HHH that they'll job him out for a few weeks, then we'll see what Kross is made of. Still, Kross remained loyal to the fed, taking to twitter to tell fans to shut up and just watch the product.

HHH then asks Vince if we return him to the push he had before now that he has proven his loyalty? "Lmao no that guy sucks he lost to Jeff freakin Hardy lol"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

And lo, Vince spoke unto HHH and said that Kross only liked him because he gave them the fancy entrances, a hot valet, big title wins and a consistent push.

So HHH sets out to prove Vince wrong. He takes away the cool entrance, the hot valet and has him job out to aging jobber Jeff Hardy. Still Kross Is Just Happy To Be Here. So Vince says unto HHH that they'll job him out for a few weeks, then we'll see what Kross is made of. Still, Kross remained loyal to the fed, taking to twitter to tell fans to shut up and just watch the product.

HHH then asks Vince if we return him to the push he had before now that he has proven his loyalty? "Lmao no that guy sucks he lost to Jeff freakin Hardy lol"
Io isn't allowed to speak, she's foreign.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Don't worry guys, I'm sure WWE will kick it into high gear as soon as they get crowds back

*crowds come back, WWE is somehow even more absurdly shithouse than ever before*

Ah well, nevertheless.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hideki Suzuki, the guy notorious for being really hard to work with and being super reluctant to put guys over if he didn’t think they could beat him in a shoot, being in WWE will never stop being weird. I like to imagine he's bringing Inokiism to the PC.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Hideki Suzuki, the guy notorious for being really hard to work with and being super reluctant to put guys over if he didn’t think they could beat him in a shoot, being in WWE will never stop being weird. I like to imagine he's bringing Inokiism to the PC.
I think Kyle could probably beat him in a shoot right now but at their primes it'd be a hell of a match.

e: Roderick is the leader not Kyle. Roderick could probably impress him with his Freaky Roderick Strength I guess

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Goldberg takes Vince to the cleaners

has some two-minute nothing match

neither he nor Lashley gets hurt.

Sorry, you can only pick two.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why can the TNT title have like 10 guys challenging for it but Sheamus has to defend the US title vs 1 guy 10 times

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

wwe rules

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I thought WWE would at least ride the good will until Summerslam, this company never fails to not deliver.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

vince absolutely burying nxt is hilarious

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't think it was intentional at first but now it's malicious

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

I don't think it was intentional at first but now it's malicious

and it fuckin’ RIPS

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It’s absolutely the best thing he’s ever done

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

THE LORE OF RICH EVANS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

lol