Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

RevKrule posted:

Mondo has released some more info about this including packaging and accessories.

He'll be available on Mondo's site Friday at 10 AM PDT for $200.

Ugghhh, how many different versions of the Jim Lee X-men am I going to buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

If you know me from the Transformers thread, you know about me and knockoffs. So imagine my surprise when I found out that some Classics figures had been KO'd. I already own a legit Faker but when this popped up I decided to pull the trigger and check it out. At $150, the legit wasn't out of my grasp but for $35 I wanted to see if this would do the job.

Looks good enough for me for now. Maybe once I complete the line I will loop back and pick up a legit one. He is missing the traditional power sword but Barbarossa Customs can supply that for $11 or so.

I think that's anti he-man, not faker. He's the EVIL he-man who is going to take over all the universes by killing their he-man and absorbing their castle greyskull energy and something something ruler of the cosmos.

Read something about it a few months back. Some new comic series?

Also goddamn that wolverine is perfection.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Louisgod posted:

Good god help me understand why anybody would ever want to remove that figure from what looks like the perfect package.

It'd be like cutting the Mona Lisa from it's frame!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think that's anti he-man, not faker. He's the EVIL he-man who is going to take over all the universes by killing their he-man and absorbing their castle greyskull energy and something something ruler of the cosmos.

Read something about it a few months back. Some new comic series?

Also goddamn that wolverine is perfection.

It is anti he-man, I read the comic and that's totally him 100%. Faker is blue. Or has his face half torn off, not black.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Louisgod posted:

Good god help me understand why anybody would ever want to remove that figure from what looks like the perfect package.

:agreed:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sorry, I wasn't clear. There's KOs of Anti Eternia HeMan and Faker. I own the legit Faker so I just picked this one up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Wolverine box should really be a clamshell somehow so you can keep the bed setup.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The whole thing probably just slides out of the other end of the box. I think the bedroom is a separate piece from the outer box.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Mattel's getting in on the crowdfunding bandwagon

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1417138416374931458?s=20

Nash posing in an empty building, so extremely realistic to that era.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

Nash posing in an empty building, so extremely realistic to that era.

holy lol

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I preordered a friend of Goku because I liked her outfit https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2580457001001.

The Bandai site was crashing as I tried to order it and it didn't actually get to the complete page but she's in my purchase history now. So, I think it worked?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It'll be available for preorder for a month or more. No need to preorder the second it goes live.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That’s why I’m glad I didn’t start with Figuarts. I’d want 18, but then I’d need 17.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s why I’m glad I didn’t start with Figuarts. I’d want 18, but then I’d need 17.

Yep. That was me 2 years ago. Bought Krillin when he wasn't at insane prices. Then decided I needed 18 to go with him. Then of course, that means I need 17. And at that point, may as well get 16 and Cell...I did end up selling a bunch of them afterward, but at one point I basically had the whole collection. I still have a full Detolf for just DB Figuarts, though.

I haven't been too excited in a lot of their recent releases, so I've been able to focus on collecting other stuff (Star Wars). Looking at their most recent releases, I've skipped nearly all of them: I skipped great ape Vegeta, Chichi, the motorcycle, Jiren, Zamasu, Vegetto, Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Raditz, all of the Ginyu Force, Hit, Jiren, Cooler, another Goku Black...Skipping these cyborgs too since I have last year's versions of them which I like a lot more.

But I can't wait for the new Tenshinhan+Chaozu, Bulma, and Lunch!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I won’t be able to resist a Ultra Instinct Goku if I run into one in the wild. Gotenks would be hard to resist too.

I’m happy with living vicariously through you guys. I’d be buried in Gokus, Godzilla’s, and Luke Skywalkers.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not gonna lie, it's taking a lot not to buy force ghost godzilla to go in with my hologram Vader, hologram iron man, and ai Tony stark.

Hopped onto a Witcher figure today, and I'm trying to talk myself out of a Mrs Adler figure from rdr2 cause I had no idea she was gonna exist.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I still have my Ghost of Chuck E Cheese figure somewhere. Wizard made a big deal about him. Wonder what he’s worth.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

A couple months back someone had mentioned a site that occasionally had discounts on HotToys figures. I think it had a really generic name like purchaseforeignfigures.com or something but now I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. My bitchin Punisher War Machine needs a battle friend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

thiccabod posted:

A couple months back someone had mentioned a site that occasionally had discounts on HotToys figures. I think it had a really generic name like purchaseforeignfigures.com or something but now I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. My bitchin Punisher War Machine needs a battle friend.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah I think that was me who originally posted it, I can vouch for it being legit and I’ve purchased a few figures from them. Pretty good reputation within the 1/6 community. Not everything is discounted though and some of the more sought after oop figures have markup.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Open Marriage Night posted:

I won’t be able to resist a Ultra Instinct Goku if I run into one in the wild. Gotenks would be hard to resist too.

I’m happy with living vicariously through you guys. I’d be buried in Gokus, Godzilla’s, and Luke Skywalkers.

Whatever do you mean, sir?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah I think that was me who originally posted it, I can vouch for it being legit and I’ve purchased a few figures from them. Pretty good reputation within the 1/6 community. Not everything is discounted though and some of the more sought after oop figures have markup.

That was it; thank you both!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Toysbuyingagent guy is Timcent, a famous Ebay source for HK releases. Completely legit: https://www.ebay.com/usr/timcent88

It's a bit cheaper on the website since they're cutting out ebay fees.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nanigans posted:

It'll be available for preorder for a month or more. No need to preorder the second it goes live.

Good to know for the future. I've been dealing with getting game consoles and things this year so I've gotten extremely used to 'order instantly or you don't get it'.

Is that the same for the Comic Con exclusive figures available later this week? I like red Goku.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh, looks like sideshow got toy wonderland's us site closed down.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw that. Wtf sideshow

Yet I still bought something from them. lol

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Nanigans posted:

Whatever do you mean, sir?

That’s the good stuff.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shiroc posted:

Good to know for the future. I've been dealing with getting game consoles and things this year so I've gotten extremely used to 'order instantly or you don't get it'.

Is that the same for the Comic Con exclusive figures available later this week? I like red Goku.

Absolutely not, lol. The con-exclusives must be purchased tomorrow night or you might not be able to get them. They're opening an additional sale on Friday as well, but I'm pretty sure all of them will sell out tomorrow night.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nanigans posted:

Absolutely not, lol. The con-exclusives must be purchased tomorrow night or you might not be able to get them. They're opening an additional sale on Friday as well, but I'm pretty sure all of them will sell out tomorrow night.

That's the world I'm familiar with. Let's see if my luck holds out for another thing.

Red Goku is a power level in between blue Goku and silver Goku?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shiroc posted:

That's the world I'm familiar with. Let's see if my luck holds out for another thing.

Red Goku is a power level in between blue Goku and silver Goku?

Red comes before blue, which comes before silver.

It's introduced in the 2013 movie "Battle of Gods" which is genuinely really, really good. The best Dragon Ball film until the 2018 Broly movie. Hell, it might actually be better than Broly since the story is actually really good. Broly is good mostly just for its animation.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nanigans posted:

Red comes before blue, which comes before silver.

It's introduced in the 2013 movie "Battle of Gods" which is genuinely really, really good. The best Dragon Ball film until the 2018 Broly movie. Hell, it might actually be better than Broly since the story is actually really good. Broly is good mostly just for its animation.

Not to derail further, but I totally agree that Battle of Gods is a better movie, and by far the best. The new Broly movie redeems the character a bit, but is not as good as Battle of the Gods, slightly better than Ressurection F though in my opinion.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Having apparently very little restraint, I thought to myself after picking up a few Power Rangers monsters that having the OG MMPR team would be neat. I was able to get Green, White, Black and Blue for retail. The other 3 are pretty spendy, at least according to eBay. Of you’ve got a Red, Pink or Yellow you’d like to get rid of, let me know.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

Having apparently very little restraint, I thought to myself after picking up a few Power Rangers monsters that having the OG MMPR team would be neat. I was able to get Green, White, Black and Blue for retail. The other 3 are pretty spendy, at least according to eBay. Of you’ve got a Red, Pink or Yellow you’d like to get rid of, let me know.

Holy poo poo I bought my Red Ranger for like $10 on Amazon clearance last year and now he’s ~$80-$90 used. I had no idea.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Holy poo poo I bought my Red Ranger for like $10 on Amazon clearance last year and now he’s ~$80-$90 used. I had no idea.

How would you like to DOUBLE your initial investment? I can help you with that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I cannot in good faith support the LC Rangers

Not only are they not in scale with their own monsters, they're painfully inconsistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdHVhPdbLG0

This video goes into it really, really well. If you don't care about the finer details, go wild but for me I just could not stand looking at them if they're this hosed up. Especially how they turbo hosed the Green Ranger- I still don't know HOW they did that

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Burkion posted:

I cannot in good faith support the LC Rangers

Not only are they not in scale with their own monsters, they're painfully inconsistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdHVhPdbLG0

This video goes into it really, really well. If you don't care about the finer details, go wild but for me I just could not stand looking at them if they're this hosed up. Especially how they turbo hosed the Green Ranger- I still don't know HOW they did that

I understand his nitpicks and that's a bummer for hardcore fans. Personally I don't have a strong investment in them so I couldn't have pointed out any of the issues he did. Green is the only one I have in hand and I did wonder where the diamonds were on his chest, but it doesn't bother me since they're covered up mostly anyway.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Joe Fisto posted:

Don't listen to this guy, I'll help you HALVE your initial investment.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'll have pics later but I got the playarts Aerith from amiami (it only took 2 days to get here) and its an amazing figure. I really should get around to playing the remake soon.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Just saw Pixel Dan's MOTU Revelations Scare Glow review... Only his head glows, which is a huge letdown. His bones are just a bright green paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

Tempting, but then who would fight Pumpkin Rapper in my Halloween display this year?