Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
goddamn aew really did start tv 3 months before the pandemic started

covid’s effects on the space time continuum are loving with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Five, basically. The pandemic hit like, right after Revolution.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I went to one of their first shows and it might as well have been a different lifetime.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I really does feel like there's a before covid and an after covid split in life now, it's fuckin' bizarre

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Orange Carlisle posted:

I really does feel like there's a before covid and an after covid split in life now, it's fuckin' bizarre

I mean same thing with 9/11. Something stupid happens and a new era kicks off

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Two things.

1) Somebody should get the last pre-pandemic rating for Raw, SmackDown, NXT and AEW and compare it to today.
2) If he isn't already planning to, Tony Khan needs to make sure the November 17th Dynamite is loving massive.

The last pre-pandemic RAW (3/9/2020, Washington DC) had 2.1 million viewers, the last Smackdown (3/6/2020, Buffalo) had 2.45 million, NXT (3/4, Winter Park) had 718,000 and Dynamite (also 3/4, Denver) did 906,000.

Most recent RAW? 1.9 million. Most recent Smackdown? 2.2 million. NXT? 705,000. Dynamite? 1,025,000.

Also, Moxley only ever got one full-crowd Dynamite in as champion, because he won it four days prior, and by the next week everything was shut down.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I mean same thing with 9/11. Something stupid happens and a new era kicks off

Being extremely old I barely had had a grasp on time before it all happened and now it all blurs together and keeping track of it is completely out the window

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also it will never, ever stop being funny that still to this day in 2021 WWE and Vince are doing the "let's humiliate this rising star on their way up and see how they react" thing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

The last pre-pandemic RAW (3/9/2020, Washington DC) had 2.1 million viewers, the last Smackdown (3/6/2020, Buffalo) had 2.45 million, NXT (3/4, Winter Park) had 718,000 and Dynamite (also 3/4, Denver) did 906,000.

Most recent RAW? 1.9 million. Most recent Smackdown? 2.2 million. NXT? 705,000. Dynamite? 1,025,000.

Also, Moxley only ever got one full-crowd Dynamite in as champion, because he won it four days prior, and by the next week everything was shut down.

And he didn't even get to do anything because Inner Circle murdered him and it led to the Darby Tags Himself match.

So Dynamite basically held steady (obviously with dips here and there) throughout the pandemic and SmackDown and Raw just both permanently lost 200,000 viewers. Wow.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

Same and Covid isn't even done yet.

I still want to imagine some guy just dreaming all his life of going to WWE and becoming the next John Cena or Rock. The new wrestler spends all his days carrying bags, breaking his knees down cartwheels to some douche yelling at him and learning the stilted WWE promo style to the hard cam, but he never complains. He just tells himself he will get a "moment" and it will be all worth it just to grasp the brass ring he keeps hearing about and fulfill his dreams. One day he meets some WWE coach and they tell him they got a new gimmick and name for him. This guy is excited as here at last is his MOMENT and he can fulfill the dreams. The coach with a dead look in his eyes and no will to live flarly states: He's a baby who likes wearing diapers and poops himself all the time and his name is Dudley Butterbutt. As the new WWE Superstar walks away defeated he hears this laughter echoing down the hallways as some old guy keeps shouting "POOOOP! He's going to POOOOOOP!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Add another "Vince loved me! He really did!"

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1417501191970295808?s=20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"That's how you start Wrestlemania! I mean, if you were two feet taller and about a hundred fifty pounds heavier"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vince mcmahon was asking him a question and his tone was one of heavy disgust

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Finally, a new Dudley.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

ThePariah posted:

NXT going up against NBA finals. Now what do people want to see, the Greek Freak winning his first NBA title? Or the WWE minor league jobbers represented by Qanon Qross (canon loser)?

Is it wrong that I'd like to laugh at Chris Paul if Milwaukee wins tonight? I feel like it's be an appropriate reaction.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1417618843568988163

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

There's no punctuation in that quote.

Big difference between "That's how you start Wrestlemania!" and "That's how you start Wrestlemania?"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

#ComplainingIsNotConversation #StandWithWWE

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

new thread title

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:lmao:

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Is this gonna be some kind of offensive, anti- Black thing?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Is this gonna be some kind of offensive, anti- Black thing?

No he got fired and he's in AEW now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assumed its just "the fans are wrong" but never underestimate WWE I guess.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Stand up for WWE 2.0

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if 2 hour rampage would be something TK wants. That time slot is not great for wanting ratings and if ratings for rampage is used for future contract negotiations, that’s not a good look.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
They've got so many keyboard warriors willing to dedicate their every waking moment to fighting for WWE's honor that it honestly makes sense to try to cash in on it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there has been nearly 3 times the amount of pandemic aew than there was non-pandemic aew

three times

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Probably not. Producing a TV show is probably more effort than doing just Dark/Elevation and doing 2 hours even taped would be a lot of work for an extra hour that would die in the ratings if it's 11-12. And 9-10 would be picking a fight I don't think they want to pick right now (nor is Rampage the show to do it on).

They should be trying to syndicate some of the Dark Matches as TV package though world wide. As an hour or maybe even a 2 hour Saturday block!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'll tell you exactly what it is.

Some heel, throwing a dart at the board here, Chad Gable, comes out with the gimmick. They talk about how the fans are idiots who just complain.
Jimmy Smith and Byron Saxton goes "oh this guy is dumb we love our fans"
Corey Graves goes "ha ha yeah this guy is right!"
Some face goes "IF YA CAN'T TAKE THE FANS YA DON'T BELONG HERE"
Dumbshits on twitter go "IT'S GREAT META STORYTELLING"

Whole thing lasts like seven weeks before it completely vanishes from TV.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1417625306697932801?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i feel kind of worried/weird about stone cold. probably just a little bug in the brain from reading the joke tweets Trevor Dame made about him committing suicide.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

next up the WWE is working to trademark “Everyone Else Is Just Jealous” and “I’m Not Mad, You’re Mad”

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lol it's for clothing, Roman's gonna come out wearing a COMPLAINING IS NOT CONVERSATION championship belt

quote:

COMPLAINING IS NOT CONVERSATION trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of clothing, namely, tops, shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, hoodies; outerwear, namely, coats; bottoms, pants, shorts, underwear, dresses, pajamas, lingerie, clothing ties, scarves, gloves, swimwear; Halloween and masquerade costumes; footwear, namely, shoes, sneakers, slippers, flip flops, boots; headwear, namely, hats, caps; wrist bands; bandanas; championship trophy belts.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Ok, who's catchphrase is that going to be?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

overmind2000 posted:

COMPLAINING IS NOT CONVERSATION trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of clothing, namely, tops, shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, hoodies; outerwear, namely, coats; bottoms, pants, shorts, underwear, dresses, pajamas, lingerie, clothing ties, scarves, gloves, swimwear; Halloween and masquerade costumes; footwear, namely, shoes, sneakers, slippers, flip flops, boots; headwear, namely, hats, caps; wrist bands; bandanas; championship trophy belts.

I know it's listing just every piece of clothing there is but I'm laughing at the idea of, "Complaining is not a Conversation" appearing on some sexy lingerie

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

NXT is now almost at WWE ECW and WWE WCW levels of respect and that's amazingly funny

Ahem :goonsay: that is just NXT returning to it's roots.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Ok, who's catchphrase is that going to be?

They’ll try and make Cena do it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Gonna buy my girlfriend COMPLAINING IS NOT CONVERSATION lingerie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's for karrion kross and his new/old gimmick of being a worse version of The BLade

komplaining is not konversation