Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TV Zombie posted:

https://twitter.com/nerdyjordy/status/1417568100543832064?s=21

I want to say the talent is Jinder but I can’t think of the movie.

I mean, Randy Orton inspired Inside Out, but it can't be him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1417575759384821766

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Penguin Patrol posted:

it was either veer or shanky, i remember hearing something about how they have an insanely inspirational true story that WWE has never told us

MLB had a talent scouting expedition to India and he was a poor kid who with no training and terrible form managed to be one of the hardest throwers they had ever seen. He was offered a contract and became the first Indian to play professional baseball and spent a couple of years in the minors.

The tv show of the talent search and also the movie was million dollar arm. Dave did a bit on him on won last week and how dumb it was to not use it as a great base for a baby face.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

Makes things much easier when the most pathetic posts are sent directly to my notifications tab.

im the AntifAEW av

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

cagliostr0 posted:

MLB had a talent scouting expedition to India and he was a poor kid who with no training and terrible form managed to be one of the hardest throwers they had ever seen. He was offered a contract and became the first Indian to play professional baseball and spent a couple of years in the minors.

oh yeah he got drafted by the pirates iirc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Karrion Kross losing made for a lot of great posts. WWE needs to do stuff like this more often.

Dear Richard,
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1417560584401211393

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A Checkmark Bad Take

https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1417473491222282246

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Karrion Kross losing made for a lot of great posts. WWE needs to do stuff like this more often.

Dear Richard,
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1417560584401211393

I don't know... they're not really all that wrong? It's the same thing everyone here has said for years – main roster WWE constantly devalues NXT to the point that you start to lose the desire to even watch it, because you know the people you enjoy are just going to end up eating dogshit in a year.

The former drug addict thing is a low blow and gross to call out, especially if Jeff has worked to get clean, but the overall sentiment still makes sense. It's wild that it took until it happening to Karrion loving Kross for people to actually get tired of it, though.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't know... they're not really all that wrong? It's the same thing everyone here has said for years – main roster WWE constantly devalues NXT to the point that you start to lose the desire to even watch it, because you know the people you enjoy are just going to end up eating dogshit in a year.

The former drug addict thing is a low blow and gross to call out, especially if Jeff has worked to get clean, but the overall sentiment still makes sense. It's wild that it took until it happening to Karrion loving Kross for people to actually get tired of it, though.

If Vince will even do that to a big strong muscle man then it means NXT really is worthless.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cagliostr0 posted:

If Vince will even do that to a big strong muscle man then it means NXT really is worthless.

kross was shorter than jeff hardy lol

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Karrion, My Wayward Son

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No wonder they call him Karrion, he stinks!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1417679571734999041

had to post this pervert watching baseball when the bucks are in six

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sorry for horning in on your gimmick, MRT. :(

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why do a gimmick trolling AEW fans if you're going to block any AEW fan who pushes back against you? :psyduck:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Why do a gimmick trolling AEW fans if you're going to block any AEW fan who pushes back against you? :psyduck:

Because the gimmick isn't trolling AEW fans, it's circlejerking about how bad AEW is with your friends who already agree with you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

What Lamuella said and also, they love to bring up Kenny wrestling the blow-up doll and whatnot, but they never seem to have an answer when you point out that he was filling up Sumo Hall and Budokan in those years. :v:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The best part is people would probably forget about it and it would be this obscure little fun thing if Cornette and his adjacents didn't bring it up constantly.

They could save the business.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Also it's not like wrestlers they like have never done silly things in comedy feds before, or participated in lovely angles in WWF/WCW.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excuse me Roman Reigns eating dog food was high art

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Excuse me Roman Reigns eating dog food was high art

We can all empathise with the enjoyment of someone eating a deeply questionable foodstuff.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH COME ON

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Sometimes one makes mistakes that will follow you though the rest of your life, and that's just the way it is.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1417831664294715392?s=19

One of this thread's rising stars completely failing to understand the concept of a man wanting to spend time with his young family

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, 2 toddlers is also a very sound reason to want time out of the house too

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s going back because he loves wrestling more than he loves the idea of being able to remember his family’s names and faces by the time he’s 50.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

He’s going back because he loves wrestling more than he loves the idea of being able to remember his family’s names and faces by the time he’s 50.

For Bryan in particular this is almost certainly true tbf

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

We can all empathise with the enjoyment of someone eating a deeply questionable foodstuff.

Rarity posted:

OH COME ON

Not "WILL YOU STOP"? smh

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lamuella posted:

The microwave burgers are good

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

as long as they're not pre-canned

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

I thankfully have no firsthand experience with this but I have to think that a can of dog food and a British microwaveable hamburger are not as distinct as we would perhaps like to believe.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

History Comes Inside! posted:

Denial Brain

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
What's wrong with microwave burgers?
Microwave hot dogs are good too!

I often make either of those for ppvs.
We all gotta go one day so it might as well be my food that kills me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Joey McChrist posted:

as long as they're not pre-canned

Yeah, only chicken should come from a can

(Seeing canned chicken before made me grateful to be a vegetarian because holy poo poo that was nasty looking)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1417580162607165441

https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1417584787720704006

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ah, so we're back at "if you haven't been in the ring, you have no right to criticize."

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the al snow philosophy

the same al snow who then turns around and says the problem with modern wrestling is all the wrestlers trying to impress the other wrestlers instead of entertaining the fans, whose opinion he thinks doesn't matter

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Imagine thinking you couldn't have an opinion on a movie if you didn't also work in the film industry.

You'd come out of the theater and the only thing you'd have the right to say is "That sure was a movie."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Al Snow going from the guy who owes his entire career to a blowjob joke to the serious wrestleman is bizarre and I have to think some kind of work.