Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Ugh, I just saw the match. Thankfully, reports say she seemed fine backstage - probably got the wind knocked out of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
suddenly I'm reminded of

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Breaking news: WWE to copyright the phrase, “Just happy to be here.”

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The match with the bad people ended up being bad. Who knew, right?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

The match with the bad people ended up being bad. Who knew, right?

Listen, that sounds like a complaint. And you know what a complaint isn't?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Listen, that sounds like a complaint. And you know what a complaint isn't?

... a compliment?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don't make me turn this car around

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The new trademark reminds me of when Corey Graves started his podcast and lectured fans on the proper way to criticize things.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The new trademark reminds me of when Corey Graves started his podcast and lectured fans on the proper way to criticize things.

If there is a single person in the wwe I take my life lessons from, it’s the fellow with “stay down” tattooed on his knuckles

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

This is starting to remind me of comments from fans of a certain film director, who'd argue "If that's what he intended to do, then it can't be critized."

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

This is starting to remind me of comments from fans of a certain film director, who'd argue "If that's what he intended to do, then it can't be critized."

Oh god.... can I guess?

Christopher Nolan right?

Invalid Validation posted:

Breaking news: WWE to copyright the phrase, “Just happy to be here.”

"It's gotta be Monday" <proceeds to break back for evil corp>

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

DogsInSpace! posted:

Oh god.... can I guess?

Christopher Nolan right?
Close
Zack Snyder

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I first heard that about Kevin Smith when he made that awful Jersey Girl movie.

The idea he expressed was that it's "not for critics" so... I guess you can't review it or something?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Davros1 posted:

Close
Zack Snyder

Lmao this comparison is way too apt. It doesn't help that his fanbase also has quite the number of chuds, so much so that he had to do media rounds trying to convince people he's not one himself and finally denounce some of the chuds on livestream.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Lmao this comparison is way too apt. It doesn't help that his fanbase also has quite the number of chuds, so much so that he had to do media rounds trying to convince people he's not one himself and finally denounce some of the chuds on livestream.

I had someone in CD tell me unless Snyder himself criticized an aspect of his film, I couldn't criticize the same aspect.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Davros1 posted:

I had someone in CD tell me unless Snyder himself criticized an aspect of his film, I couldn't criticize the same aspect.

Those people somehow manage to be more insane than even the worst of wrestling stans, it's amazing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Long-Time Lurker posted:

That terrible fanbase that *holds finger to earpiece* tried to hold racist hollywood execs accountable and raised money for suicide prevention.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

MJeff posted:

That terrible fanbase that *holds finger to earpiece* tried to hold racist hollywood execs accountable and raised money for suicide prevention.

I didn't say the entire fanbase. It's interesting that his non-chud fans seem to entirely ignore that segment of his fans though and pretend like they don't exist, I see comments like yours brought up every time the conversation gets around to them.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:mrgw:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

This seems like an AEW thread tangent but understandably got bumped to another channel. CM Punk is already shaking things up!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

chuds

Chud man punk

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just when they think they got the questions, I change the culture.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Remember when CM Punk got paid millions of dollars to show up on a WWE talk show and everyone freaked the gently caress out assuming that meant he was definitely for sure coming back to WWE to wrestle Seth Rollins or whatever, and instead he showed up on the talk show like 4 times and then it got cancelled

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Culture Modifier Punk.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

Remember when CM Punk got paid millions of dollars to show up on a WWE talk show and everyone freaked the gently caress out assuming that meant he was definitely for sure coming back to WWE to wrestle Seth Rollins or whatever, and instead he showed up on the talk show like 4 times and then it got cancelled

Rollins going AAHHHH WRESTLE ME WRESTLE ME WRESTLE ME at the top of his lungs and Punk being like "Knock it off, you loving dork." was awesome.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Rollins going AAHHHH WRESTLE ME WRESTLE ME WRESTLE ME at the top of his lungs and Punk being like "Knock it off, you loving dork." was awesome.

That alone is worth whatever FOX had to pay Punk, let's be frank

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I stopped watching WWE in the early '10s though I did still follow rasslin news: Did CM Punk do anything else nearly as memorable as his pipebomb promo after?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I stopped watching WWE in the early '10s though I did still follow rasslin news: Did CM Punk do anything else nearly as memorable as his pipebomb promo after?

His UFC fights were pretty memorable

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

He wrote a comic book about Batista's character in Guardians of the Galaxy

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Ok, I was waffling on Punk coming to AEW, but if it gives us Punk vs. Mox just so Seth can have an aneurysm, I'm in

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Long-Time Lurker posted:

He put the WWE title in a fridge

He pooped himself in some random match

WWE made a video of his rear end to show he was lying about MRSA (he wasn’t). I think it’s still up on WWE’s youtube page

Otherwise besides some fun feuding with DBry and palling around with Heyman between Lesnar dates, loads of wasted potential. Dude was the biggest potential draw in years and they jobbed him to Alberto Del Rio via Kevin Nash interference. Never really recovered despite getting the belt again for a year-long run after.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Long-Time Lurker posted:

He used The Wire quotes against The Rock.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the ref picked up cm punk's turd with his bare hand and looked at it in disgust

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

JUNGLE BOY posted:

His UFC fights were pretty memorable

Drakkel posted:

He wrote a comic book about Batista's character in Guardians of the Galaxy

Lmao well-spent money BBT

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plus he lived his life in such a way that WWE was compelled to release a 6 minute collection of silent, short clips of his butt during the royal rumble to prove their innocence that was pretty funny

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Shayna Baszler posted:

the ref picked up cm punk's turd with his bare hand and looked at it in disgust

Did that really happen?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yes

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Going to AEW to get his revenge and make Mox poop after taking a bunch of Z-paks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

So.... CM Punk always bad?