Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

tao of lmao posted:

Was cutler trying to not crease his sneakers? That run is so over the top goofy it doesn’t seem “intentional” in the sense of running like a huge dork for laughs.

I think he just knows the role that he plays in the Elite. He’s a gigantic gangly doofus who sprays cold juice at people, of course he’s gonna run like Waluigi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There's a bit of WWE poisoning that I think makes people very wary of the stooge role in wrestling. Glad to see Cutler and Nakazawa (and to an extent Rebel) bringing it back.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Scarf posted:

I'm pretty excited for the heat between the Blonds and the Acclaimed... best thing to come out of Dark last night
Ehh. I know Max is heeling, but I'm not sure I need to see a wrestling feud where the heels repeatedly try to slut-shame a teenager. It seems lazy and outdated in 2021.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

brandon cutler is making stooging an art form again

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Ehh. I know Max is heeling, but I'm not sure I need to see a wrestling feud where the heels repeatedly try to slut-shame a teenager. It seems lazy and outdated in 2021.

Knowing what we know about AEW and both of the acclaimed they almost certainly cleared it with her and it's almost certainly leading to her humiliating them for it. This is more WWE brain because thanks to poo poo like Piggie James we all assume that the entire point is to embarrass Julia and she'll end up never getting her heat back, but I don't think that's what's happening.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

sticklefifer posted:

I'm not a huge fan but I have faith the tables will turn soon enough.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/RefAubrey/status/1417852968595083266

I'm here for Evil Uno vs Takahata. Also extremely interested in the possibility of one of the wrestlers winning and booking themselves

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

I'm here for Evil Uno vs Takahata. Also extremely interested in the possibility of one of the wrestlers winning and booking themselves

That belt absolutely rules.

For those at Austin last week, what time did y'all get out after the Dark Elevation taping? Trying to figure out if we'll be able to stay for the whole taping since we've got a near hour drive home.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This is the most online it is possible for a wrestling company to be. AEW is more online than VGCW and more canon too. This is the new world.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1417513858885902336

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

The boys are BACK in TOWN

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MorningMoon posted:

Jawnny and Chuckie T is going to be ridiculous is the most amazing way

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

this is going to slap

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Apparently this is Yuka Sakazaki's rival in TJPW.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Akileese posted:

That belt absolutely rules.

For those at Austin last week, what time did y'all get out after the Dark Elevation taping? Trying to figure out if we'll be able to stay for the whole taping since we've got a near hour drive home.

I think they taped like 90 minutes after Dynamite went off the air? Or at least it felt like it was that long, it was a long night for sure. We didn't get home until around 11:45 and we're a 20 minute drive from the arena.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

I'm here for Jan somehow roping in Doctor Tracksuit for backup in his match/contest/whatever you call it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also I will fully admit to not having a chance to play Elite GM yet but isn't it like a TEW thing? How exactly are they running a tournament of it? Is there... gameplay?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think they taped like 90 minutes after Dynamite went off the air? Or at least it felt like it was that long, it was a long night for sure. We didn't get home until around 11:45 and we're a 20 minute drive from the arena.

OOF that may be a bit much. We can do an hour but anything longer than that might be pushing it. Oh well we'll see how much they tape!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Also I will fully admit to not having a chance to play Elite GM yet but isn't it like a TEW thing? How exactly are they running a tournament of it? Is there... gameplay?

Not quite, you don't book finishes to matches, it's done by the stats of the individual wrestlers you sign and book into matches.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/milano_mobbbb/status/1417858514626752512?s=21

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope he wants to sign Death Triangle to be in his Elite GM clan. All conflicts in AEW should now he settled in Elite GM. Just go full beyblade with it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

I think he just knows the role that he plays in the Elite. He’s a gigantic gangly doofus who sprays cold juice at people, of course he’s gonna run like Waluigi.

Sure i just also know that shoe collectors get real fuckin weird about how they walk in them. Either explanation makes sense to me but cutler at least seems aware of how he looks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope he wants to sign Death Triangle to be in his Elite GM clan. All conflicts in AEW should now he settled in Elite GM. Just go full beyblade with it
he’s going to call them Diablo Loco because Fenix is crazy and he’s going to make the rest of them just as crazy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

The game rates the cards you put together so presumably it’ll be a head to head “who books a better card according to the inscrutable black box judge that lives inside the game”.

If it’s anything like the beta the trick is to book multi man matches filled with cheap jobbers because it pops huge points, since it’s apparently so basic that you can just stack a ton of low stat people together to make highly rated matches instead of having to wrangle the RNG wins and losses to build up two individual guys over time for a singles match to get the same kind of rating.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

History Comes Inside! posted:

If it’s anything like the beta the trick is to book multi man matches filled with cheap jobbers because it pops huge points

AEW Dark simulator

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think the idea is each streamer is paired with an AEW talent as like a coach or something. So it's Jawny and Chuckie as a team, not opponents.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
boooo, the elite GM game doesn't work with bluestacks for some reason

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Gaz-L posted:

I think the idea is each streamer is paired with an AEW talent as like a coach or something. So it's Jawny and Chuckie as a team, not opponents.

The Jan Ochoa and Orange Cassidy tag team hits levels of chill never before seen in prograps

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

One of the biggest stars of wrestling in this century could be headed back to wrestling, if all goes well. CM Punk has been in ongoing talks for a return, sources tell Fightful.

Fightful Select learned last week that CM Punk has been in talks to make a return to pro wrestling as an in-ring performer, with sources indicating that AEW is the most likely landing point. We have no confirmation of a contract officially being signed, a timetable, a set return date, or any creative plans, only that Punk and a company official have had ongoing conversations about an in-ring return.

As with any negotiations, nothing is ever fully confirmed until the deal is actually done and the subject appears on screen.

We have heard of other companies having interest in Punk coming in to work after fans returned, but have not heard of any specific offers or overtures made towards him.

Fightful has not officially confirmed this report with CM Punk himself or All Elite Wrestling officials. We have been told in recent days that higher ups in WWE believe that Punk is headed to AEW.

Punk last wrestled in January 2014 for WWE, and was released later that year. In the years that followed, he pursued a career in mixed martial arts in the UFC, where he officially has an 0-1 record with 1 no contest.

In addition to MMA, Punk has worked in commentary roles within the sport, and made his way into acting. He also appeared on WWE Backstage for approximately six months. Aside from his appearances on Backstage, he's only made two appearances in wrestling since leaving WWE -- both in very anonymous masked roles on the independent circuit.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If any one of the Deadlock boys wins they're probably gonna book Chuck Taylor vs Stu Grayson in a "Who Does JR Hate the Most" match, which turns into a tag team match when Luther and Colten Gunn do a run-in and ends in a DQ when Sting repels from the rafters to take a poo poo and Anthony Ogogo walks out and punches him in the dick.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

smarxist posted:

boooo, the elite GM game doesn't work with bluestacks for some reason

You’re not missing anything

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

IcePhoenix posted:

that happens to wrestlers who are very popular yeah

I mean I feel like he has an actual MATCH on every show, which is crazy to me with the style he has

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1417877458347601923

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I get the feeling this was supposed to happen a while ago but the pandemic delayed it.

Tony Khan has been saying over and over he's got some aces up his sleeve. Here they are, its Punk and Bryan.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Elite GM is alright, but I lost motivation to play with the in-game currency. I'm basically stuck in a cycle of booking shows with folks fighting multiple times a night, not enough money to hire a bigger roster (when i save up enough for someone, someone else's contract expires); i'd basically always be making as much as i'm spending, so very rarely would I get to book an actual gimmick match. Maybe pvp mode is better, but I only care for booking my version of AEW and seeing Luther become the most dominant champ of all time.

It does have fun, though. Like setting up a whole night of trials for Kenny Omega that would end on a title defense 1v1 with Penta... only for Kip to win the very first match and take the belt.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
punk should feud with colt and colt should win

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

pls no

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I want punk and colt to set aside their differences and become friends again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Don't worry, he'll probably go back to WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eh I mean I got into wrestling at the tail end of CM Punk-mania but I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do in AEW. So long as Colt's cool about it. I can't imagine they'd go through with it if they were mortal enemies.