Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Kind of interesting if Kaz brings in Bryan Danielson as a partner, and we begin to see the Elite taking attacks from all sides, with Hangman and The Dark Order on the other side

I'd be into this. Kaz realizing he can't do it on his own and bringing in Danielson in pure killer mode to kick Anderson and Gallows heads into the third row would fuckin rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DeathChicken posted:

I appreciate Meltzer not knowing what to call Bryan and referring to him at one point as Daniel Bryan Danielson

He’s gonna be Daniel Bryanson

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not sure the world is ready for that much realness in one room

bada boom

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not sure the world is ready for that much realness in one room

Gage and Eddie have a staredown. The lights go down.

"Ain't nobody realer than Guerilla" blasts over the PA as Tama and Tanga rush them. The battle of who's the realest is on.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He’s gonna be Daniel Bryanson

If Jim Ross doesn’t call him “Daniel Danielson” at least once, I will be greatly disappointed.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I like the Kaz story of I'm gonna take all these guys with only my righteous anger to back me up.

Because that's what you get. You get hosed by sheer numbers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TealShark posted:

If Jim Ross doesn’t call him “Daniel Danielson” at least once, I will be greatly disappointed.

The thing is 'Bryan' is a good safety net, as it's correct no matter what.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DB Danielson

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hope they name him Brian Bryanson just to add to the confusion

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

He should just be referred to as "HOOK's friend", with no indication that the crowd should know who HOOK's new pal is

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'd be into this. Kaz realizing he can't do it on his own and bringing in Danielson in pure killer mode to kick Anderson and Gallows heads into the third row would fuckin rule.

I'd also be into Miro running roughshod and maybe getting out of control and having to face Bryan at All Out

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 22, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

hes gonna be Fuckin' Jeff

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Daniel Bryan Danielson, D 👇B 👇D 👇

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
All signs seem to be pointing to Danielson debuting at the Arthur Ashe Stadium show so I don't know if they're going to keep stringing this Kaz story along for two more months. Seems unlikely.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Daniel Bryan Danielson, D 👇B 👇D 👇

Oh no he's stuck in the Dead By Daylight realm

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WWE desperately trying to trademark the word "Yes" right about now.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
He'll be Baniel Dryan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

WWE desperately trying to trademark the word "Yes" right about now.

yeah! yeah! yeah!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
any word on that little promo bit where tk was going to announce another live show thing next week ?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah! yeah! yeah!

sure! sure! sure!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah! yeah! yeah!

CM Punk: you loving idiot

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

any word on that little promo bit where tk was going to announce another live show thing next week ?

https://www.wrestling-news.net/all-elite-wrestling-apply-to-trademark-the-term-the-first-dance/170980/

This could be related. Tag line for a joint show, maybe?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Yo when are we going to get more Death Triangle merch? I'm a 33 year old man who needs to dork out

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BTE better have a terrified DO getting regaled by Nick Gage’s time in prison.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I know all the AEW thread people areuch smarter than me but if somehow hypothetically someone else wasn't familiar with the Arthur Ashe Stadium show, thats a building in New York they're running Sep 22.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

It was incredibly subtle but when Andrade started to cut his promo "WHAT?" chants were starting and he instantly changed his cadence to throw them off and kill them.

i think it was a combo of this and audience self-policing cuz that poo poo was stopped quick for the duration of the promo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

I know all the AEW thread people areuch smarter than me but if somehow hypothetically someone else wasn't familiar with the Arthur Ashe Stadium show, thats a building in New York they're running Sep 22.

arthur ashe, the father of modern wrestling

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Yo when are we going to get more Death Triangle merch? I'm a 33 year old man who needs to dork out

The stuff on Penta+fenix's shop is pretty dope

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

thefncrow posted:

Also, that cane that Archer uses on the floor that kinda explodes, a shard of that thing flew like 30-40 feet in the air and went a bunch of rows back into crowd on the floor, someone in the crowd managed to catch that shard out of the air like a foul ball at a baseball game.

i did notice that piece when it went flying haha

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I would love to see Tama Tonga in AEW. Maybe an exchange program. I doubt he'd sign though - seems to be a NJPW lifer.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

I would love to see Tama Tonga in AEW. Maybe an exchange program. I doubt he'd sign though - seems to be a NJPW lifer.

its awesome that people in either company no longer have to choose. if they want to scratch that itch of working big shows in america/japan for a few weeks/months, they can pick up some extra paychecks without having to make life altering decisions

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This Dynamite ruled hard. I only knew about Nick Gage because of people on this forum, went and watched stuff from him. Got loving hyped when MJF (who is absurdly good at commentary) introduced him. Crowd exploded.

-People popping at Yuta! OC vs Sting was hilarious and the lazy hulking by Sting was :3:

-Death Triangle and Andrade? Chavo Guerrero? I'm spanish so suck it up one-language speakers!

-Nyla vs Britt was the low point for me but still good.

-Gallows vs Kaz was decent and helped build more tension between Kenny and Hangman. Silver giving his beer back was funny.

-OC vs The Blade. Decent match, that gutwrench on the top turnbuckle was nasty. You can see The Blade loves getting heat.

-Main event loving RULED. I'm so happy for Lance Archer. It was a hell of a good match, Lance throwing that "fan" at Mox was amazing and putting Mox through two tables with barb wire to end the match was... :discourse:

Wrestling is good again!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

KungFu Grip posted:

imo the only thing weird is them going back to daily's so soon.

its prolly because it's the last slot they could get before dailys starts rebooking music shows to make up for lost time. as ex has said a bunch 'its the last time we'll be here for a long while'

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's time for Jeff Cobb to return and get hired by Pinnacle as one of the labors in a callback to his Inner Circle stint

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Helicity posted:

This should strengthen his resolve to use increasingly more guerilla tactics. That singles match was the equivalent of a small rebel force meeting the opponent in an open field with an honorable battle - don't be a dummy, Kaz.

https://twitter.com/FrankieKazarian/status/1418070189476876290?s=20

Dango Bango posted:

I haven't watched Lucha Underground but do any of Fenix/Penta/Chavo have history from there they could play into? Or were they kept apart in LU?

In the first season (I think it was), Chavo was Penta's friend at first and then Chavo turned on Penta and hit him with a chair because he's Chavo. And then at some point I think Penta got back at him and beat the poo poo out of him? It wasn't a major feud that I'd expect them to build off of now or anything, though.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
What I love about that finish is they still protected Mox - who doesn't really need it - by saying he might have gotten up if he wasn't stuck to barb wire. Which you know fair lol .

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have this theory... call me crazy but I think Christopher Daniels will suddenly appear to make the Bucks lose their tag team tittle. When the whole Elite starts losing tittles it's gonna be a chaotic mess around the ring with the Elite finally being outnumbered by Dark Order, Mox, Eddie Kingston, CD, Kaz...

Let me dream about that night.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

it's time for Jeff Cobb to return and get hired by Pinnacle as one of the labors in a callback to his Inner Circle stint

:pray:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nick Gage’s bootleg theme needs more bells tolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DeathChicken posted:

AEW is turning into someone's game of Firepro

i like to think that 12 year old tony still lives in tony's brain, and he still absolutely loves playing with his action figures in his little ring