Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
This week is a prime example of Shrody Khan's Contract paradox, where a wrestler is both signed and not signed with AEW until direct knowledge is given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah she should have a long run. She’s over as gently caress and a good draw and I don’t even know who should beat her yet (though Rosa’s a very strong candidate, let them circle each other for a while.)

But then this company hasn’t had a short run of any title yet. Can’t point to anyone I’d call transitional.

SCU, and I would include FTR as well

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Hell yeah for Thunder Rosa. Also numbers:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1418304254612213761

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Number good!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

was Hook on this week

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1418304154024484865

Nuuuuuumbeeeeeeeer.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sir Tonk posted:

THUN

DER

RO

SA

ggrrrrRRAAAAUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

holy poo poo, that's a tasty number

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

holky gently caress

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

another win for the good guys

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

was Hook on this week

Yeah he was standing by when Starks announced his coronation party.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That's the highest rating since October 2019. Jesus Christ.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think this AEW thing might be catching on

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Garland Dallas delivered.

But it adds to my thinking for years that your ratings typically reflect the quality of last week's show. If last week kicked rear end, your audience is going to assume the next will too. Number go up after big shows.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Yeah he was standing by when Starks announced his coronation party.

Of course. Explains the number

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

But it adds to my thinking for years that your ratings typically reflect the quality of last week's show. If last week kicked rear end, your audience is going to assume the next will too. Number go up after big shows.

This was a weird show too because three of the segments weren't even announced until Monday/Tuesday. On paper, it was a much weaker card than last week but it was still an exceptional show. I'm really curious to see the quarterlies because with a number like that, you either start off with a huge number and fall off, or you build the audience over the course of the night.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
omg what a number

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:getin:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Thrilled for AEW, they deserve it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait wait wait, I got it. Watch this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NUM BER

RO SA

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1418308068094353410

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shinjobi posted:

I wonder if the Bryan Danielson/CM Punk rumors spiked it any. And then people tuned in and got surprise NICK GAGE

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Dynamite hasn't done under a million since they put Wheeler Yuta on TV

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Jesus, what a Dynamite and what a loving news day today! Now they just need to sign King, Fuego, and Diamante and all will be right with the wrestling universe.

Something I noticed watching Nick Gage's tron: it's the closest we'll ever get to having Effy on AEW.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Deleted. What did it say?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Kofi When Coward Tony?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

1.15 million saw nick gage last night

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All hail Number :worship:

rantmo posted:

it's the closest we'll ever get to having Effy on AEW.

I know he doesn't want to sign anywhere big but would be up for coming in as a one-shot?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Waffleopolis posted:

Deleted. What did it say?

Basically if not for the Olympics the number would have been higher and has a good chance next week to happen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh, by the way:

Fuego is loving OVER, yall. Like....Jesus. Pre-show, commercial breaks, the people demand Fuego.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

Oh, by the way:

Fuego is loving OVER, yall. Like....Jesus. Pre-show, commercial breaks, the people demand Fuego.

HIRE FUEGO

*clap clap clap clap*

HIRE FUEGO

*clap clap clap clap*

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

God drat it's good to be an AEW watcher. Great show, great energy, great number.

Somewhere Vince is REALLY ANGRY and that just makes it better.

Rarity posted:

HIRE FUEGO

*clap clap clap clap*

HIRE FUEGO

*clap clap clap clap*

It's got to be coming, unless he's asking for some completely ludicrous money or something. They're not dumb, they know Fuego is over.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The Last Call posted:

Basically if not for the Olympics the number would have been higher and has a good chance next week to happen.

Yeah, I assume this but more poorly phrased, so he deleted and posted it better:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1418308720308625408?s=20

Shinjobi posted:

Oh, by the way:

The bit on this week's Sammy Vlog where Isiah was trying to heel it up and was saying "gently caress Fuego I hate that guy" and then heard the pop for him and couldn't stop himself from saying "they gotta sign him" and then told Sammy to delete that part

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Rarity posted:

I know he doesn't want to sign anywhere big but would be up for coming in as a one-shot?

I sure hope so but it feels like a real longshot.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fuego is probably one of the best examples of someone getting over just because other people like him. Like, I'm sure not everyone in the crowd watches Sammy's vlog but enough do, and the ones who don't are instantly intrigued as to why he's so over.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I missed Bryan's WWE run due to not really watching any wrestling for a long-rear end time, but I recently went back to watch a bunch of his matches and he kind of became one of my all-time favourite wrestlers.

Let's just say that if he does turn up on AEW, I may lose the run of myself completely.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I wonder if the Bryan Danielson/CM Punk rumors spiked it any. And then people tuned in and got surprise NICK GAGE

Two or three people have posted saying they're only watching because of Punk/Bryan. Now just find the number of unique posters in this thread, divide it by the total number of viewers, and you can find out exactly how many viewers those rumors drew.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Big Bad Booty Daddy, Wheeler Yuta is a draw

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pylons posted:

Fuego is probably one of the best examples of someone getting over just because other people like him. Like, I'm sure not everyone in the crowd watches Sammy's vlog but enough do, and the ones who don't are instantly intrigued as to why he's so over.

The cool thing about Fuego is he's over somewhat as a meme or whatever based on Sammy's vlog but the dude also has some cool moves, he sells great, he had the dedication and drive to fly himself in hoping he could get a Dark booking for weeks on end. There's no real downside to the guy that I've seen, maybe he's never going to be your main event title holder but he's got a ton of heart and works his rear end off in there and he's just instantly likable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bryan has always been my #1 favorite guy, and I will hoot and holler like no tomorrow.