Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Blaise330 posted:

what is 205 live

a miserable little pile of midgets

Tweak fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

what is 205 live

nxt's version of main event at this point

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if it was due to the pandemic and some of the workers not wanting to come into work under such conditions. In the same way, I wonder if we've had a glut of repeat matches because of the limited roster (lol) or because they didn't want to do anything dramatic due to the pandemic/hiring of Khan and him getting used to his duties.

The repetitive booking has been around a lot longer than the pandemic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NXT UK exists solely to keep WALTER away from other companies

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WALTER is the only wrestler in modern era WWE who has been entirely not harmed in any way in wrestling or image and its a miracle. When he does show up he is still always over, he still puts on classics with a four move moveset, never got in WWE shape, and i'm saying this to jinx it so they instantly decide to put Jeff Hardy over him and then he bails.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Adam Cole seems like an earnestly nice guy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

prove it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

WALTER is the only wrestler in modern era WWE who has been entirely not harmed in any way in wrestling or image and its a miracle. When he does show up he is still always over, he still puts on classics with a four move moveset, never got in WWE shape, and i'm saying this to jinx it so they instantly decide to put Jeff Hardy over him and then he bails.

There was that Survivor Series match where he got dumped out super fast

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lid posted:

Hasn't WALTER said he's never moving to the US? Kinda implies he has no interest in the main roster.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
In some ways the pandemic was great for WWE cause after almost 2 years of dogshit terrible Thunderdome shows people are just gonna be memoryholed into believing everything bad about Raw/Smackdown was because of the pandemic and DEFINITELY wasn't happening long before Covid was a thing. As if CM Punk wasn't sitting on the stage with a microphone complaining about the *Exact Same poo poo* a Decade ago.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

There was that Survivor Series match where he got dumped out super fast

It happened and he was the most over guy in the match and it had zero lasting damage as most people remember it as WALTER being awesome before getting eliminated and no one can remember who pinned him or the rest of the match. His aura is too powerful.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

In some ways the pandemic was great for WWE cause after almost 2 years of dogshit terrible Thunderdome shows people are just gonna be memoryholed into believing everything bad about Raw/Smackdown was because of the pandemic and DEFINITELY wasn't happening long before Covid was a thing. As if CM Punk wasn't sitting on the stage with a microphone complaining about the *Exact Same poo poo* a Decade ago.

Luckily they're already creating new poo poo for us to laugh at instead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

the power of WALTER

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Blaise330 posted:

what is 205 live

Baby don't 205 hurt me
Don't 205 hurt me
No more

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/wrasslinwizard/status/1418445758945136642

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Someone should explain to these people that they are also allowed to watch AEW. There's no law preventing it.

Like... just watch it. It's good. Maybe you'll be less miserable.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIay4-PbCY

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

He sounds like he's trying not to cry a couple times.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

:getin:

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Someone should explain to these people that they are also allowed to watch AEW. There's no law preventing it.

Like... just watch it. It's good. Maybe you'll be less miserable.

WWE stans aren't wrestling fans, they're Vincepilled cultists of the fed. Hell, sometimes they even hate the wrestlers there as much as the senile old man.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Long-Time Lurker posted:

WWE stans aren't wrestling fans, they're Vincepilled cultists of the fed. Hell, sometimes they even hate the wrestlers there as much as the senile old man.

It really does say something when you check out the people making GBS threads on AEW constantly, and they always have something in their profile about being a WWE fan. Not a wrestling fan, a WWE fan.

It’s gonna be a long time before the damage he did to this entertainment media fixes any of the brainworms. Maybe after the NBC buyout, some of those folks will fall out of the cult, because Vince gone.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Blaise330 posted:

what is 205 live

When they kidnap a cruiserweight and harvest them for adrenochrome they create a computer simulation of them wrestling in an empty room as proof of life, and they call that simulation 205 Live.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Isn't 205 Live just Secret Evolve now? I haven't watched it but apparently Gabe is booking it and its just like 4 of his guys every week? That's what they said on a podcast, the truest medium.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rebrand 205 Live as Shotgun Saturday Night and have cruiserweights fight one another in bars and on subway platforms each week.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Quantum of Phallus posted:

NXT UK exists solely to keep WALTER away from other companies

This is like on Kung Fu Panda when they built an entire prison to keep one prisoner locked up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WALTER is also gonna have a clean run at the UK/Euro indies ever since 90% of the champs got outed as nonces

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/1417315351902179330

edit: lol

https://twitter.com/bennyowens/status/1418309333037862918

Seams fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 23, 2021

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I liked this one:

https://twitter.com/__AKUMA/status/1418295485492875265

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Drakkel posted:

As if CM Punk wasn't sitting on the stage with a microphone complaining about the *Exact Same poo poo* a Decade ago.
I love watching that promo now because it aged so well and WWE has gotten even worse since then

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The wwe cm punk doc is even more grim since it ends with him saying basically that he can’t fix anything if he leaves.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eventually the networks are going to ask Vince why WWE isn’t performing as well as AEW and that’ll be the thing that finally kills him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they could have avoided all of this if they just let one man stop dressing up like a loving clown

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

they could have avoided all of this if they just let one man stop dressing up like a loving clown

Cena?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

coconono posted:

Eventually the networks are going to ask Vince why WWE isn’t performing as well as AEW and that’ll be the thing that finally kills him.

brock lesnar is all elite

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DEAR RICHARD posted:

brock lesnar is all elite

Vince would age visibly on getting the news.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I get the shittiest clickbait articles on Flipboard but lol

It’s just quoting Meltzer and calling that an article.

https://www.givemesport.com/1726511-cm-punk-wwe-reportedly-not-interested-in-resigning-former-champion

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DLC Inc posted:

Doink is precious and must be protected

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BGrifter posted:

https://www.givemesport.com/1726511-cm-punk-wwe-reportedly-not-interested-in-resigning-former-champion

Report coming from local teenage boy saying that he actually didn't want to go out with the most popular girl in school, saying that she is "A slut" and "Not even that hot anyway".

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

BGrifter posted:

flipboard sent me an email with the headline "are prisoners the answer to labor shortage?" the other day, extremely bananas news aggregator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Karma Tornado posted:

flipboard sent me an email with the headline "are prisoners the answer to labor shortage?" the other day, extremely bananas news aggregator

It seems especially sketchy for anything related to wrestling. But I do love the idea WWE brass are leaking to Meltzer “we totally never wanted Punk anyway” out of fear he might have signed with AEW.