Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Uncle Grandpa and/or Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

I think I have the ultimate Aqua Teen Hunger Force fast food idea. Really, when you look at the characters, it's obvious:

Master Shake's Big Cow Lasagna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I think I have the ultimate Aqua Teen Hunger Force fast food idea. Really, when you look at the characters, it's obvious:

Have Nathen promote it during the next ATHF movie.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Have Nathen promote it during the next ATHF movie.

We're taking this lasagna party all the way to Boston.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

I'm pretty sure the big cow lasagna party is astroturfed

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

:vince:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Yaldabaoth posted:

Nathen isn't sane. It's entirely possible he came up with the big cow lasagna himself, trademarked it, hired a place to churn them out, and now he's stuck rebranding it like Pizza Pockets doing promotional tie-ins with different cartoons. Even if he didn't have the rights to any cartoon characters he could probably still sell those frozen lasagnas on their own if he simply labeled them as Big Cow Lasagna without anything else on the package.

he has so much money he doesn't have to care about making stupid choices

and thanks to the magic of the internet we all get to watch

and hell, he wants us to

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Maybe do some viral advertising, if you can think of any interesting, innocuous methods.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Cake Lasagna farts

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
now with Master Shake’s orange sauce

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao at not even using Meatwad, but Master Shake

But also it fits because all of Nathen's sales pitches would sound hilarious being said by Master Shake and would be in character for him

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I want Nathan to try and license Dilbert next. Take us to the next level of misery

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Lmao at not even using Meatwad, but Master Shake

Frylock: "Shake, can I talk to you for a minute?"
Shake, holding a cellphone: "I don't know, Frylock. I'm very busy. I am Entergaging with the customers!"
Frylock: "Shake, what the hell is this?"
Shake: "Whoa-ho-ho! Is that the box!? It is! Why is the picture so small? I told them my image has to take up at least half of the packaging!"
Frylock: "I thought we agreed that Meatwad gets to be the one on the meat products."
Meatwad: "I am fresh and healthy, from faaarm to plate."
Shake: "Nobody wants to see that face on their food! Nobody wants to see that face anywhere!"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

im saint germain posted:

I want Nathan to try and license Dilbert next. Take us to the next level of misery

But the Dilberito already exists.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Frylock: "Shake, can I talk to you for a minute?"
Shake, holding a cellphone: "I don't know, Frylock. I'm very busy. I am Entergaging with the customers!"
Frylock: "Shake, what the hell is this?"
Shake: "Whoa-ho-ho! Is that the box!? It is! Why is the picture so small? I told them my image has to take up at least half of the packaging!"
Frylock: "I thought we agreed that Meatwad gets to be the one on the meat products."
Meatwad: "I am fresh and healthy, from faaarm to plate."
Shake: "Nobody wants to see that face on their food! Nobody wants to see that face anywhere!"

Later, at Carl's front door

Carl: "What the hell is it now?"
Shake: "Carl, are you fed up with the grocery stores dictating what you eat?"
Carl: "Listen, no grocery store tells me what to eat, I tell the grocery store gimme my booze and slim jims so I can get the hell outta here."
Shake: "What if you didn't have to go to the grocery store at all? You won't have to thanks to our new mail order frozen lasagnas!"
*Shake presents a Big Cow Lasagna box to Carl*
Carl: "Uh huh, okay. Tell me why I'm supposed to give a crap about a freakin' frozen lasagna. What's special about it?"
Shake: "Well... it's got my picture on it! It's locally sourced... possibly!"
*Carl slams door*
Shake: (shouting) "Carl! You are missing out on the next food revolution! Farm to plate, Carl!!"

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Where did his money come from?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Escape From Noise posted:

But the Dilberito already exists.

God, I forgot that GarfieldEATS is honestly not the shittiest cartoon/food tie-in of my lifetime. It wasn’t very good, but at least it didn’t make people poo poo themselves like the Dilberito

Also, I can still hear these ATHF vignettes in their voices.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
This is starting to explain a lot

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

I didn't see that coming, but at the same time, I'm not surprised.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Planet X posted:

Where did his money come from?

his dad is absurdly rich

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

i am 100% convinced every single thing nathen is currently doing is fetish-related

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Nathen wanting to gently caress Garfield is the turn we all should have expected.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mimesweeper posted:

he has so much money he doesn't have to care about making stupid

Does he though? Like his dad's rich, but not actually Saudi rich, he just works for them, it's not like he's a prince or anything.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Nathen wanting to gently caress Garfield is the turn we all should have expected.

Garfield Eats rear end

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Later, at Carl's front door

Carl: "What the hell is it now?"
Shake: "Carl, are you fed up with the grocery stores dictating what you eat?"
Carl: "Listen, no grocery store tells me what to eat, I tell the grocery store gimme my booze and slim jims so I can get the hell outta here."
Shake: "What if you didn't have to go to the grocery store at all? You won't have to thanks to our new mail order frozen lasagnas!"
*Shake presents a Big Cow Lasagna box to Carl*
Carl: "Uh huh, okay. Tell me why I'm supposed to give a crap about a freakin' frozen lasagna. What's special about it?"
Shake: "Well... it's got my picture on it! It's locally sourced... possibly!"
*Carl slams door*
Shake: (shouting) "Carl! You are missing out on the next food revolution! Farm to plate, Carl!!"

Later still...

*Shake, playing video games, next to a pile of rapidly defrosting frozen lasagna. The door busts inward*
Inignot: On your knees, primitive Earth ones, for we am come... for dinner
Ur: We're hungry!!!
Shake: Guys! Buddies! What the hell do you want.
Inignot: What we want is beyond the tiny imaginings of your useless brains.
Ur: We want some 'za!
Inignot: Yes. 'Za for our stomachs.
Shake: Look, you can have this lasagna. I'll let you have it cheap. Only two... hundred bucks a piece.
Ur: We don't have MONEY!
Inignot: Money is for weak Capitalist pigs. We are beyond your "Earth money"
Ur: We take what we want!
Inignot: Yes, take the lasagna
Frylocke: Oh hell, not again.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mordja posted:

Does he though? Like his dad's rich, but not actually Saudi rich, he just works for them, it's not like he's a prince or anything.

upthread somewhere, someone said that his dad is an accountant to Saudi billionaires

so plenty of money for this ongoing jamboree, but not like a bottomless supply

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I haven’t watched ATHF since like 2008 but I’m digging this new episode.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Empty Sandwich posted:

upthread somewhere, someone said that his dad is an accountant to Saudi billionaires

I honestly don't think what Nathen does costs a ton of money to do

I also don't think it's profitable in any way but I have nothing to back that up and I'm not going to look for data

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Empty Sandwich posted:

He's very much not an accountant, but rather a financial advisor/investor which is far more lucrative. I'd guess the dad is worth 10s of millions not 1s of millions. In addition to things like pay, he can front-run on their investments and make his own investments using work data plus getting access to non-public opportunities.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I think someone said Nathen's father keeps tossing money at him for the sole purpose of keeping Nathen out of Saudi Arabia because of his homosexuality.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I wish my parents would give me tons of money to be gay elsewhere

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Elephant Ambush posted:

I honestly don't think what Nathen does costs a ton of money to do

I also don't think it's profitable in any way but I have nothing to back that up and I'm not going to look for data

I mean, yes. He ran a barbones fast food place for a couple of months, and bought a bunch of frozen dinners with the labels swapped. That's more like an upper middle class mid life crisis stuff than typical multimillionaire failson fare. What elevated it are the cartoon licenses, but honestly how expensive those can be for some nobody selling his crap in one city in Canada?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

steinrokkan posted:

What elevated it are the cartoon licenses, but honestly how expensive those can be for some nobody selling his crap in one city in Canada?

Jeffrey should purchase the exclusive rights to use The Great Gazoo as the official mascot of the Something Awful Forums.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lieutenant Dan posted:

No sane man would slap Big Cow on he own lasagna

(serious answer: I am guessing he's sourcing these frozen meals from a place that already churns them out, then packing them in his own branding, and not actually developing proprietary frozen lasagna recipes for his cartoon restaurant, so maybe? He DID put effort into his Arbuckle sauce, after all)
I tracked this down further up the thread, you're correct.

Knormal posted:

I think it's pretty much guaranteed the mail-order Garfield Eats lasagnas are some other pre-existing lasagna with just a different cover slapped on it. According to the box picture at https://garfieldeats.com/product/frozen-big-cow-lasagna/ it's manufactured by a company called Winona's Harvest, which Google suggests is the same as this company: https://prettospasta.com/. However they don't appear to do direct mail order, so I guess Nathen is innovating.
However "Big Cow" is all Nathen, as the actual manufacturer appears to be a real respectable business. The orange sauce is probably his too, just plopped on the noodles in their factories.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ah the intricacies of the garfstrubiton chain

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm looking at the merch on his website and I still don't understand who these people are that he's expecting to wear Garfield t-shirts in 2021. I know I shouldn't be ascribing rationality to it but it's all so weird.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Ah the intricacies of the garfstrubiton chain

I read this as "garfsturbation" at first, which it also is

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
nathen make the money, see
nathen license cartoons, G

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I worry about what happened to that orange cat he got and named Garfield and worry he's going to pull a similar stunt with a great Dane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm looking at the merch on his website and I still don't understand who these people are that he's expecting to wear Garfield t-shirts in 2021. I know I shouldn't be ascribing rationality to it but it's all so weird.

I wouldn't wear Garfield shirts under no circumstances, but I would happily wear a GarfieldEATS! shirts. Know the difference