Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sataere posted:

I legitimately believe this is the year he is finally good because this is the first year I wont draft him.

:same: (about the not drafting part after having him every year)

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This Superflex PPR Premium TE Dynasty league that I'm doing the startup draft for is up to the 24th out of 30 rounds. We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 3 Flex, and 1 Superflex with a roster of those 10 starting spots, 15 bench, and 5 taxi. I'm curious what you guys think I should be doing with my draft picks at the end of the draft. I have Burrow, Wilzon, Carr, and Minshew at QB so I dont think I need to pick up any more depth there. For RB I have Cook & Mattison, Swift & Jamaal & Jermar (Taxi eligible), Jacobs, and Michael Carter (Taxi eligible) for a total of 7 RBs. Should I be taking shots at fringe RBs or should I continue to stockpile WR and TE die rolls? I have two, maybe three, more young TEs I'm aiming for to throw lots of dice at that problem.

I ask because I'm debating taking some flyer RBs but I feel like flyer RBs are much riskier. One example being Semaje Perine (Bengals current #2 RB) which is relevant because of Joe Mixon chat; Semaje did alright last year in spot duty and if Mixon is bad or gets hurt again he might be a steal because Giovani Bernard is gone, but it seems a lot of people are really high on Pooka Williams (UDFA RB). Another, farther down the draft board, is JJ Taylor (NE RB) because James White probably wont be back next year, and Sony will definitely not be back next year. But in Dynasty would it just be better to try to get some WRs that are more likely to see more opportunities? I guess this is kind of a vague question but you guys have been awesome so far so I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

edit: I have Mecole Hardman and I am considering taking Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle in case any take a strong hold of the WR2 role in that offense but that may be a lot of picks for low, or no (if no one secures the role), upside.

kiimo posted:

We don't seem to have any Bears fans on here but the amount of time wide open skill position players were completely ignored by the QB was astounding in the last three years.

It's amazing how having a good QB just suddenly makes a play caller so much better. That includes Andy Reid himself

Sataere posted:

EDIT:^^^^^^^ THIS!

As a Bears fan, I have never felt this excited about a quarterback. Not for Cutler. Not for Trubisky. Fields is going to be amazing until he suffers a career-ending injury because the Bears aren't allowed to have nice quarterbacks

Nagy is not the problem. One of the big debates in Chicago this offseason was how to get rid of Ryan Pace while still keeping Nagy. Nagy is amazing at scheming guys open.

If you look at some of the advanced numbers on Mooney, he should've been a top fifteen receiver. He made so many elite cornerbacks look silly, only to have Trubisky/Foles miss him.

Plus, their interior offensive line was very injured in the middle of the season. It isn't a coincidence that Montgomery had the second half he had right when they got healthy.
Ahh, thank you both for the explanations. I'm glad I asked so now I know better. Though it makes the pain I felt that I missed out on Mooney even worse (in this dynasty league I've been posting about someone picked Mooney like three rounds ahead of his ADP when I was planning on taking him two rounds early).

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 21, 2021

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

What are our thoughts on Deandre Swift going forward in a dynasty league?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I like him. A poor mans Antonio Gibson.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So maybe a dumb question, but what is the appeal of TE premium rules? I feel like once you get past the top 6 or so of them, they have roughly the weekly predictive patterns of a kicker.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It just brings tight ends a little bit closer to normal value since if they get 6 catches for 15 yards they can still be semi-viable.

Of course it pushes the top tier even higher up though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fsif posted:

So maybe a dumb question, but what is the appeal of TE premium rules? I feel like once you get past the top 6 or so of them, they have roughly the weekly predictive patterns of a kicker.

There's 32 starting TEs in the league and like 5-10 consistently fantasy viable without TE premium, so you just ignore the position if you don't draft one early. With TE premium, it's one more position you actually have to put a little thought into. And at least compared to kickers, the volume each offense tends to send to their TEs isn't random, so like you know the Chargers or Cowboys TE is probably better to target than the Cardinals or Jets TE, even if they're all relatively unsexy individual players from a fantasy perspective. That applies more in dynasty than redraft though, since you actually have bench space to stash a few speculative dudes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is Jonathan Taylor really ranked 1.04 this year? That seems ridiculous.

Edit: He was ranked 1.04 in a yahoo mock draft today.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Is Jonathan Taylor really ranked 1.04 this year? That seems ridiculous.

Edit: He was ranked 1.04 in a yahoo mock draft today.

Yeah I don’t get it. I’m steering clear of him in the first round

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am not super high on Taylor or anything, but that does not seem unreasonable to me. After the first tier of McCaffery, Cook, and Henry it seems like there are differences in situation or other factors where there is no clean pick #4, and there is not really a huge projected difference in my mind between picks 4 and 12. Kamara lost Brees, which might not matter but it is an unknown that may or may not impact production, Elliot did not even look like the best RB on his team last year, Barkley might not be 100% and could miss some games early in the season. Sure, at 4 someone can draft any of those 3, but I don't think it would be that big of a reach to draft Taylor, Chubb, Jones, or really any other projected first round pick.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Ty1990 posted:

Very talented dual-threat player but personally, I am scared off by the multiple week concussion he had in year 1. The soft tissue injuries can be dealt with and managed around but I cannot invest long term in a guy who potentially has concussion issues.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm actually annoyed Taylor only had one fumble and managed to catch passes, spitting in the face of my "hands of stone" research when deciding to pass on him in dynasty last season. I mean, I never actually got the chance since he went overall #2 but it still annoys me to be wrong. Hines and Mack being there don't even seem to diminish his standing either. So I was wrong about that as well.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ty1990 posted:

Breakout player of 2021. If he stays healthy, he'll end the year as an RB1.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm going to fill an auction mock room at around 1:30 PM PST. All-Human mocks are hard to come by but are the only source of real data since bots absolutely suck at mocking auctions.

I'll post the link in here at around 12:50 PST. This will fill by the time it fires.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ll hop in

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1418263386098372610?s=19

Our fantasy teams are going to get hosed by this.

Better plan to keep your added IR slots or bench space if you added them last year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

New strategy: no Bills

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
14 team mock auction I'm filling in ~40 minutes
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/mock_waiting?mlid=7098549&lobby=auction
Room: Delay of Game

I've been able to fill these pretty much 100% of the time, so :getin: if you want rare, valuable all-human auction data. Plus fun!

Edit: Almost filled but a lot of people didn't show up. We are filling up a 12 teaqm that should yield better data. Room Squib Kick on Yahoo, fires in 8 minutes. Already at 9/12

Edit 2: it's filled. Hope there are some goons in here besides me and sataere

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 22, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

New strategy: no Bills
Or Cardinals I guess

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Or Cardinals I guess

There are so many layers to how dumb this is.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
A lot of players are closer to Forrest Gump than we like to admit.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
gently caress. DeAndre Hopkins was so cool and good :(

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
That seems pretty unclear. Says they're going to try and reschedule if it does happen and they were able to do that last year. I'd be shocked if there were any outright cancellations.

Hope someone on reddit makes an unvaxxed cheatsheet though lol.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

In other news...

quote:

Cowboys placed WR Amari Cooper (ankle) on the PUP list.

This was expected as coach Mike McCarthy said in early June that Cooper is "still working through" his recovery process following a cleanup procedure on his ankle, which forced him to miss all of minicamp and OTAs. Though the 27-year-old's exact timeline is unclear, Cooper was reportedly "2-3 weeks" away from returning to the field in mid-June. His ADP (32.7) as the WR14, while costly, should only be viewed as egregious if he's still sidelined mid-August.
I feel like Cooper's recovery from ankle surgery has been an underreported narrative for the Cowboys so far, especially with his history of foot/ankle issues, and the ranks have yet to account for the risk this could pose. CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup are going to be great values.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m going in hard on CEH this year. He was the RB11 last season not counting the weeks LeVeon Bell played. If he scored 1 more TD he would have been the RB6 during those weeks. Chiefs upgraded their line and I can’t see him not figuring out how to score from the 1 yard line again all season.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1418578278697390083

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

I’m going in hard on CEH this year. He was the RB11 last season not counting the weeks LeVeon Bell played. If he scored 1 more TD he would have been the RB6 during those weeks. Chiefs upgraded their line and I can’t see him not figuring out how to score from the 1 yard line again all season.

He was also the third highest rookie in yards after contact but one of the lowest in yards before contact. He was getting hit immediately because the line sucked at run blocking and is entirely replaced now.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
Hello goons,
I've got a league on Sleeper that might be a fit for you!
Here's some info:
  • 12 Teams (6/12 filled)
  • Best ball format
  • League dues 20 bucks
  • 10 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 SFLEX), 17 bench
  • Bylaws here.

If you're looking for a dynasty league with minimal in-season management to throw onto your pile of leagues that take up way too much of your attention, give us a look! We have 6/12 spots full so far, and would love to have you join.

12 teams, Superflex, Best Ball Dynasty, TE premium 1.5 PPR are the main settings.

Shoot me or genericone a PM. I'm technically the Commissioner but since it's a new league in a relatively new format, we're open to suggestions and genericone has been instrumental in getting this all set up.
The draft will be a rolling draft with 8 hours per pick, so we're hoping to get started soon so that we can complete it in plenty of time for the season to start. Thanks!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The ISO/FT Goon Beer League is looking for one more! If you're not aware, this is a fantasy league where the winners receive tasty craft beer at the end of the season. It's a 12-team, .5ppr league with an auction draft. Draft date to be determined but looking to be late august.

Link to ESPN league home page

Win or lose I've enjoyed this league lots just for the chance to pick out local craft brews to send to other goons. The auction draft itself is also a lot of fun. :cheers:

Edit: Filled the vacated spot but we still have one member we haven't heard from and might need another. I'll leave this here for now.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 23, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Filling out a 12 team mock auction that starts in 30 minutes
Filling up a 12 team that starts in 30 minutes
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/mock_waiting?mlid=7150571&lobby=auction
Room: Fake Punt

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Hello goons,
I've got a league on Sleeper that might be a fit for you!
Here's some info:
  • 12 Teams (6/12 filled)
  • Best ball format
  • League dues 20 bucks
  • 10 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 SFLEX), 17 bench
  • Bylaws here.

If you're looking for a dynasty league with minimal in-season management to throw onto your pile of leagues that take up way too much of your attention, give us a look! We have 6/12 spots full so far, and would love to have you join.

12 teams, Superflex, Best Ball Dynasty, TE premium 1.5 PPR are the main settings.

I’d do 5 of these leagues if I could. Draft and absolutely minimal interaction during the season while I focus on my redraft leagues and then a league I can jump into during the off season when I’m itching for some fantasy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anyone aware of any players shooting up draft boards in the past day? Its round 27 of this dynasty startup and I've got three people that want to trade with me for 27.4 and I'm wondering who the gently caress is that important to trade for. Marquez Callaway and all the backup Rams RBs are off the board so its like... do you want *looks around* Kawaan Baker because of Michael Thomas's injury?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Anyone aware of any players shooting up draft boards in the past day? Its round 27 of this dynasty startup and I've got three people that want to trade with me for 27.4 and I'm wondering who the gently caress is that important to trade for. Marquez Callaway and all the backup Rams RBs are off the board so its like... do you want *looks around* Kawaan Baker because of Michael Thomas's injury?

Folks are reactionary. You got Sleeper? Kawaan Baker is on the rise. I realize you said the Rams RBs are off the board, but are all of them off the board (e.g. Jake Funk)?

Some of it could be FA RBs too, as a result of pure speculation that the Rams may bring in a vet before the season starts if they’re not happy with Hendo. Saw an AD pickup in a dynasty league today, who went undrafted through 29 rounds.

Edit: Also, Royce Freeman pickups are on the rise. I’m assuming that’s because they expect MGIII to be traded, release, or gone after this year, and want the backup for Javonte Williams.

People look for any kind of advantage. If you’re not seeing anything there, get the most value out of that trade that you can?

generic one fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 24, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I would bet its Kawaan they want. 61st percentile breakout score, 75th (ish) dominator score...

Guys love stuff like that I guess.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

generic one posted:

Folks are reactionary. You got Sleeper? Kawaan Baker is on the rise. I realize you said the Rams RBs are off the board, but are all of them off the board (e.g. Jake Funk)?

Some of it could be FA RBs too, as a result of pure speculation that the Rams may bring in a vet before the season starts if they’re not happy with Hendo. Saw an AD pickup in a dynasty league today, who went undrafted through 29 rounds.

Edit: Also, Royce Freeman pickups are on the rise. I’m assuming that’s because they expect MGIII to be traded, release, or gone after this year, and want the backup for Javonte Williams.

People look for any kind of advantage. If you’re not seeing anything there, get the most value out of that trade that you can?
Yep, its Sleeper. Jake Funk went in round 24 puzzlingly enough, right before the Akers injury. Xavier Jones went later that round after the Akers injury. Calloway went today right after the announcement of the Michael Thomas injury, to the same wanker that took Jones right after Akers' injury was public. I had Baker on my list for picking later. I already have Terrace Marshall, Dwayne Eskridge, and Seth Williams for rookie WRs so I wasnt hellbent on taking Baker, but with MT's new injury history and Antonio Brown-esque antics last year I'm considering taking Baker if he's there (27.3 has been on the clock for the past 5 hours so I've had time to research and ponder). Unless I ask for a future pick I dont see the value because I feel like these guys we are picking in the 26th+ rounds are all bigger die rolls than like... a 3rd rounder next year. Especially because after missing out on Mooney, Noah Gray, and Jacob Harris I've been cherry picking the guys I like at least two rounds early because I'd rather have a shot at a future guy like Seth Williams over a current broken down AJ Green or Sony Michel.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I would bet its Kawaan they want. 61st percentile breakout score, 75th (ish) dominator score...

Guys love stuff like that I guess.
Yeah I saw those stats when I was trying to figure out who it could be, which is part of why I'm tempted to just take him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 24, 2021

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Especially because after missing out on Mooney, Noah Gray, and Jacob Harris.

We talking about Darnell Mooney, rookie from last year? Figured he would have gone before this year’s rookie long shots.

Yeah, I dunno, not really sure about Baker. He’s still on waivers in two of my leagues, but that’s who they could be after.

Palmer still available? McKitty? Strachan? You can probably find some other dudes you’d be interested in other than Baker.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

generic one posted:

We talking about Darnell Mooney, rookie from last year? Figured he would have gone before this year’s rookie long shots.

Yeah, I dunno, not really sure about Baker. He’s still on waivers in two of my leagues, but that’s who they could be after.

Palmer still available? McKitty? Strachan? You can probably find some other dudes you’d be interested in other than Baker.
Oh yeah Mooney went in the 11th round, but it was just an example of a time when I said "Oh I have a round" when I did not, in fact, have a round. Terrace Marshall was my last pick before Mooney went and I would gladly swap them, but it being my first dynasty startup draft I was still figuring out how to value players I liked compared to their ADP.

Palmer and McKitty are gone but Strachan is still there. Its really hard to say who it might be. Not a big deal at all but I figured it wouldnt hurt to check here in case I was missing something important. If I can get a future pick I might take the trade otherwise.... its the 27th round and prooooobably not going to matter much.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

generic one posted:

Even better: this is also due to the Rams as Royce Freeman's name keeps getting brought up on podcasts as a probable cut candidate who could go on to join the Rams.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Tiptoes posted:

Even better: this is also due to the Rams as Royce Freeman's name keeps getting brought up on podcasts as a probable cut candidate who could go on to join the Rams.

Well, that figures. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

One of the guys that was trying to trade up with me wanted... Scott Miller.

I couldn't even get a swap of future picks so I stayed put and took Kawaan :shrug: