Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

operative lm
Jan 27, 2009

> Fondly regard crustacean

A.o.D. posted:

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

It’s all in the numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsyClops
Jun 15, 2000

operative lm posted:

It’s all in the numbers.

Number one: That's terror.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Carpator Diei posted:

Has anyone here tried the Hexen Rebalanced mod? It sounds promising.

I played the first couple hubs with it around when civvie's video dropped and its definitely good. The balance changes all make sense and the "feel" is a lot like wayfarer's tomb where its close to vanilla but everything is just a little better. Its still Hexen though so, well you know

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Escape Goat posted:

I've tried and failed to do another playthrough of Mankind Divided something like 3 times now. Can't seem to get into it.

HR I replayed fully something like 3 or 4 times. Also bought it on the Wii U... for... some reason.

I have it on Wii U too. It’s actually a really good port and makes good use of the gamepad.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Escape Goat posted:

I've tried and failed to do another playthrough of Mankind Divided something like 3 times now. Can't seem to get into it.

HR I replayed fully something like 3 or 4 times. Also bought it on the Wii U... for... some reason.

Same, I seem to make it 3-4 hours into MD and just....stop. But I've played through HR 3 times (twice on 360, once on PC for the Director's Cut)

For me it's the world building, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Human Revolution feels like a Deus Ex game, but Mankind Divided does not.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I had a replay of HR going where I was doing everything right, was probably on course to get Pacifist and Foxiest of Hounds, then predictably I hit Missing Link and my enthusiasm dwindled.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Same, I seem to make it 3-4 hours into MD and just....stop. But I've played through HR 3 times (twice on 360, once on PC for the Director's Cut)

For me it's the world building, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Human Revolution feels like a Deus Ex game, but Mankind Divided does not.

MD kinda feels like Deus Ex: Adam Jensen Stories, not so much like the big world-saving badass story of HR. It's a different, more personal vibe, for sure.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Escape Goat posted:

Mankind Divided is so weird for me. I think it's the fact that they just let you go everywhere from the get-go, which means that I feel like I immediately have to break into every room and apartment and hack every computer before I ever even try another campaign mission.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

shoeberto posted:

MD kinda feels like Deus Ex: Adam Jensen Stories, not so much like the big world-saving badass story of HR. It's a different, more personal vibe, for sure.

Yea I think that is it. In both the original Deus Ex and Human Revolution you're on this globe-trotting adventure to uncover a global conspiracy while the world around you is falling apart.

I haven't played enough of MD to give it a fair shakedown, but yea it seems more localized in that one big hub city and the story is more personal to Adam. This wouldn't be a bad thing if MD was the middle part of a three-part prequel trilogy but, well...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M--ZdG835tc

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Deus Ex has some great memes, but nothing can match the power of TF2.

Speaking of which, isn't that a retro FPS by now?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Absolutely. It’s almost 15 years old.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

A.o.D. posted:

Deus Ex has some great memes, but nothing can match the power of TF2.

Speaking of which, isn't that a retro FPS by now?

Well it's almost 15 years old so probably

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Happy 20th to Mr. Payne. :toot:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Mordja posted:

Happy 20th to Mr. Payne. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsQVD5ttpog

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Escape Goat posted:

Mankind Divided gets vastly better once you return from the first proper assignment and it's nighttime in Prague. Until then it might as well be set during a moody afternoon in Greenwich

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:five:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh man I love these guys.

Max Payne 4 when

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1418576214265110529?s=19

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Getting MP1 to run on Windows 10 is a real hoff of a hassle. I gave up to try again another day when I found out you can't shoot dodge properly if your framerate is above 30fps. Not sure how to lock it because I am big dumb.

Back in the day though, I got it for Christmas and stayed up all night to play it through in a single session. :allears: What a game.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Happy birthday, Max Payne. Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Getting MP1 to run on Windows 10 is a real hoff of a hassle. I gave up to try again another day when I found out you can't shoot dodge properly if your framerate is above 30fps. Not sure how to lock it because I am big dumb.

Back in the day though, I got it for Christmas and stayed up all night to play it through in a single session. :allears: What a game.

this got it working fine for me.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Having just gone through MP1 a few weeks ago, fair warning that even with that fix pack installed and everything otherwise running nicely I would still get the occasional hard freeze. :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:five::five::five::five:

I'd love a re-release of MP1 with fixes included. Instant purchase and re-play.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol that's awesome

happy birthday Max

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Max Payne's mid-life crisis began at an inconvenient moment

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Yeah even with the fix pack I got all sorts of messed up stuff. :(

Max Payne 2 runs just fine though, so that's cool.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Max Payne: GOAT mouse pad.

Max Payne 2: GOAT packaging

(sorry I keep self-tweeting, last one I promise)

https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1237901260981862401?s=19

Weedle
May 31, 2006

max payne 1 and 2 are two of my favorite shooters of all time. i finally tried max payne 3 this year and holy cow! it stinks!!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I watched that video with Sam Lake and James McCaffrey like four times already.

I guess it's time to reinstall MP1.

Edit: I still have my MP1 mod folder yesssss.

I have the 3.0 version but I watched this trailer so many times back in the days... :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akm_RYGC4w

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 23, 2021

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Weedle posted:

max payne 1 and 2 are two of my favorite shooters of all time. i finally tried max payne 3 this year and holy cow! it stinks!!

One of these years I will own a hard drive with enough free space to install Max Payne 3...

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
There was something disturbingly familiar about the post before me. The typeface was all bland sans-serif.

"You're in the Early FPS Megathread, Max."

The truth was a burning grey crack through my brain.

Thread statistics hanging in the page margins, glimpsed out of the corner of my eye. The endless repetition of the act of posting, time slowing down to wait for the thread cycle to repeat itself. The paranoid feel of someone about to call a game I like a tech demo.

All of my past was just fragmented still shots, words hanging in the air in yellow quote blocks.

I was in the Early FPS Megathread.

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

There was something disturbingly familiar about the post before me. The typeface was all bland sans-serif.

Thread statistics hanging in the page margins, glimpsed out of the corner of my eye. The endless repetition of the act of posting, time slowing down to wait for the thread cycle to repeat itself. The paranoid feel of someone about to call a game I like a tech demo.

All of my past was just fragmented still shots, words hanging in the air in yellow quote blocks.

Funny as hell, it was the most brutal and doomed thing I could think of.

:q:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

He turned himself into a pickle. Funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAiJ0VQbQIM

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Weedle posted:

MP3 is epic. The only problem is the unskippable cutscenes preventing me from ever replaying it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

:golfclap:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

:dumbbravo:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

MP3 is epic. The only problem is the unskippable cutscenes preventing me from ever replaying it.

They're not actually unskippable - they hide load screens so you often can't skip them until 90% of the way through, though.

I wonder how much playing it on a much more powerful PC today would help with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Dread dev diary 8, the new graphics are looking sweet. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9fQw1W22i8