Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
It may have been explained in this thread before but what the poo poo is 'a dingo took your baby' all about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
A Dingo ate a ladys baby, the cops and media basically treated her like a murderer and vilified her, until decades later it was pretty much proven it happened.

The line was uttered by her, and she was mocked for it.

I've worked closely with Dingo's at zoo's they are extremely smart and strong, can rotate their paws around to unlock certain latches, we always used a double airlock and padlock system to keep them in.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lady named Lindy Chamberlain, pretty brutal story turned into a mean punchline

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

BrigadierSensible posted:

If I remember right, the cartoon also had a bunch of native Australian animals as The Ferals' country cousins or some such.

I think they were the baddies, but I may be misremembering.

I think they were less the baddies and more the victims of the ferals bogan fuckwitism. So pretty true to life.

Wikipedia: The Ferals are an eclectic group of animals that live together in a backyard shed. There is a rat called Rattus, a feral cat called Modigliana, a rabbit called Mixy, and a feral dog called Derryn. The humans are two university students, and their landlord, who clash with each other and the Ferals.
They include the uptight, neurotic landlord Joe King who is determined to remove the ferals from his garden; the affable science student Leonard, and medical student Roberta 'Robbie', who attempt to shield the ferals from eviction, but are sometimes exasperated with their antics.
There were also the 'Bogans From The Bush' as Modigliana liked to call them, Keith, a koala and Kylie, a kangaroo. These two characters often clashed with the Ferals, thinking they were above them due to their status as native Australian animals.[2]
They were also quite nasal and whiney in their characteristics. Other characters included White Ants (Tina Bursill, Robert Hughes), Rock Wrangler (Tina Matthews) and Fat Cat (Taylor Owynns)

I remember thinking Keith needed his head kicked in.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

That guy is so gone. All the media outlets are using that image.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lolie posted:

That guy is so gone. All the media outlets are using that image.

It's an instant classic

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Making them run fast enough they break their legs, fine, but Australians will not tolerate horse punching.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Mongo? ¡Santa Maria!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9P2B7NUPfM

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember the science student was clearly studying to be some kind of bogan mad scientist. Basically Aussie Urkel.

I saw a lot more of the spinoff/sequel series Feral TV. I think a lot of that went over my head but they did a lot of riffs on pop culture that actually aged pretty well, like the Star Trek riff that ends up having problems getting filmed because they keep changing everything around.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

spaceblancmange posted:

Making them run fast enough they break their legs, fine, but Australians will not tolerate horse punching.

Australia absolutely would tolerate horse punching as long as it didn't embarrass the cops / govt.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BenPennings/status/1418812483662274563

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Parent and small business owner being sued by Adani. Member of @withMEAA and @QldGreens

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inceltown posted:

Australia absolutely would tolerate horse punching as long as it didn't embarrass the cops / govt.

A friend of mine grew up obsessed with horses and got a job at the local racetrack when she was a teen but had to quit because of how badly the horses were abused behind the scenes. The straw which broke the camel's back was a trainer hitting a horse over the head with a brick.

There's a lot of animal abuse that goes on in certain Australian industries every single day and in most cases it's been an open secret for decades, it's only until someone does an expose on it and manages to get media interest (such as puppy mills and the greyhound industry in recent times) that something happens about it. Step outside the comfy inner city suburbs and people across the nation still have a 1950s attitude towards pretty much everything.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

drat, all we got to play with was swords and cross bows that looks rad

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

gently caress. Was pretty much going to post that.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

You could do a Conan punching a camel one tho

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kharnifex posted:

You could do a Conan punching a camel one tho

You don't see that many camel cops these days

You might spot one or two here and there

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

syntaxfunction posted:

The Ferals gave me nightmares as a wee lil kid, and then a few years later I had flipped around and I adored them. They're so loving awesome. I think they were my first real experience with characters who were just mean to each other and I felt that.

Never forget that the original Ferals had a bad guy called Kerry the Toad who was the boss of Ferals TV and absolutely in no way shape or form was a dig at Kerry Packer.

Kharnifex posted:

A Dingo ate a ladys baby, the cops and media basically treated her like a murderer and vilified her, until decades later it was pretty much proven it happened.

The line was uttered by her, and she was mocked for it.

I've worked closely with Dingo's at zoo's they are extremely smart and strong, can rotate their paws around to unlock certain latches, we always used a double airlock and padlock system to keep them in.

She and her husband also copped a lot of poo poo for being Seventh Day Adventists. To be fair, it's a weird fucken religion but what they got put through because of it wasn't on.

I grew up down the road from her, she was a really nice lady.

DPM fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 25, 2021

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
*Snip* Quote isn't edit DPM you dickhead.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The ABC managed to export Johnson and Friends to US TV apparently. I wonder if they kept the name.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Johnson and Johnson and friends , sponsored by unilever

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Anyone remember a series of animated shorts about a fuzzy yellow creature with a long neck and two long legs that hung out with the outback creatures? There were some educational ones like explaining the Australian Coat of Arms but mostly it was just silly 2 to 5 minute shorts. It was in a similar colored pencil style a la Rhubarb the Dog. I first remember seeing it in Eureka's Castle.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Plethora posted:

Anyone remember a series of animated shorts about a fuzzy yellow creature with a long neck and two long legs that hung out with the outback creatures? There were some educational ones like explaining the Australian Coat of Arms but mostly it was just silly 2 to 5 minute shorts. It was in a similar colored pencil style a la Rhubarb the Dog. I first remember seeing it in Eureka's Castle.

lmao animated shorts

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You don't see that many camel cops these days

You might spot one or two here and there

My great (great?) grandfather was in the Imperial Camel Corps in WWI.

There was a book written about their exploits:
https://booksonwaraustralia.com/aus...s-langley-.html

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kharnifex posted:

drat, all we got to play with was swords and cross bows that looks rad

gently caress I wish they'd come to my kid's school with that poo poo, he'd go absolutely ape for it hey.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

My great (great?) grandfather was in the Imperial Camel Corps in WWI.

There was a book written about their exploits:
https://booksonwaraustralia.com/aus...s-langley-.html

My great-great grandfather or someone was responsible for bringing camels to Australia.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My great great grandmother, or maybe someone else entirely, was responsible for bringing the concept of shirts to Australia. You're welcome.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
My great-great grandfather brought cane toads and herpes to Australia, that's why we don't live in Australia.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Australia exports camels to the Middle East.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

My great-great grandfather brought cane toads and herpes to Australia, that's why we don't live in Australia.

My dad was the first to give herpes to a cane toad. Check mate.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

My grandpa was the first to do a speccy

ili
Jul 26, 2003

VFL isn't even Australian it's just poo poo for the southern wankers.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ili posted:

VFL isn't even Australian it's just poo poo for the southern wankers.

More Australian than rugby league

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

EoinCannon posted:

More Australian than rugby league

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Haha ouch man, and I don't even like vfl.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

What the hell is vfl

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

It's VFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008