Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

I like money. Do you guys like money too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shayna Baszler posted:

i heard that zelina vega was given a pet binturong during the pandeminc and the wwe was paying for its food until she quit, and she didn't realize how expensive binturong food was. this is a new tactic the wwe is employing to keep the wrestlers beholden to them, similar to encouraging them to purchase a house in Florida. the real tragedy is that the binturong watches wwe, and now thinks that zelina vega is a loser.

Some wrestlers are given capybara instead so when people say they are in catering they actually are supervising their pet as it spends the many hours in water it needs. That is why Matt Cardova could not join AEW full time because there is no pool backstage in Daly’s Place.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Rick posted:

Some wrestlers are given capybara instead so when people say they are in catering they actually are supervising their pet as it spends the many hours in water it needs. That is why Matt Cardova could not join AEW full time because there is no pool backstage in Daly’s Place.

Well there is but every time you put a capybara in there it comes out with a different gimmick.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1418772560225832961?s=20

As someone in the comments mentions, this is going to be going against College Football Bowl Games

Holy poo poo

Look at those loving belts

Just ugly, soulless, corporate logos

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh they made the universal title blue?

Do they put the red one back for when it goes to someone on Raw or what?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Oh they made the universal title blue?

Do they put the red one back for when it goes to someone on Raw or what?

Yep

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Drakkel posted:

Well there is but every time you put a capybara in there it comes out with a different gimmick.

Lol I'd forgotten about that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alan_Shore posted:

Holy poo poo

Look at those loving belts

Just ugly, soulless, corporate logos

hmm let's compare.

The IWGP World Heavyweight Championship belt

The AEW Heavyweight Championship

The AEW Women's Championship

The TJPW Princess of Princess championship

The AAA Mega Championship

Or, you know, four giant WWE logo recolours is also probably cool and good v:confused:v

C'mon Vince.

E:

Even the god drat Impact title looks better

E2 nope can't let this go.

Look at how the WWE championship USED to look:

This is back when they did personalized belts for champions

Generic but still awesome

Late 1980s belt

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 24, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that new IWGP belt looks like garbage

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the nwa women’s belt is a beautiful design let down by how cheap the execution is

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

hmm let's compare.

The IWGP World Heavyweight Championship belt

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I agree that it's a bit anime but it's still got a lot more style than corporate logo in red or blue.

The old IWGP belt though

And the AJPW Triple Crown

Got dang

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the new iwgp looks like Cody’s neck tattoo

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And yet even the IWGP Anime Belt looks better than the WWE ones, which is quite the scathing indictment.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I mean yeah it still looks like it was designed to look cool instead of to Promote Brand, even if I don’t like it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Legit my first assumption when I saw it on its own was that the new IWGP belt was a women’s championship from somewhere and it turns out it’s because of this being in the back of my mind.

Edit:

Jeff Hardy’s TNA vanity one could give any ugly title a run for it’s money though

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 24, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

jesus WEP posted:

the new iwgp looks like Cody’s neck tattoo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
The WWE belts are secured with Velcro too :lol:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Kunabomber posted:

I like how during the roman family drama segment at the last PPV, at one point during the silence an Uso unstraps a belt and it goes "CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Heel, the AEW TNT Title is a giant logo, and it's still much classier than the WWE logo belts

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The front plate looks like I use it to transform into super Sentai form

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The green tnt title is the best green title. Even better than

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kunabomber posted:

Say what

Are there really just a bunch of ugly Velcro pads on the backs of the straps?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So is the Finn/Roman thing a legitimate twist in this story or just a speed bump until Reigns/Cena at Summerslam? I think I know the answer is the latter, but I’m hoping they use it to set Finn up with something interesting.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rotinaj posted:

Say what

They have snaps to give the appearance that they snap close, but in actually it is velco that secures them, because apparently WWE felt too much time was wasted getting the belts on and off on TV

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the iwgp heavy belt is an admirable failure. the tnt belt looks like the center piece in a living room display cabinet of antique gold & silver plates and bowls. the side plates save it from being only one notch up from wwe titles. it should be called "the large logo of a cable channel and make sure none of that horrid 'design' stuff approaches the logo so that it stands out even from far away" championship!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

Say what

https://twitter.com/oudoms/status/1121205475129716736?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry for being so mad and mean in my last post. as long as things are unfair in this world it's going to keep on happening. and i figure things always will be that way

the velcro pad is already starting to fall off lol

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

No college football playoff games on NYD this year, but there are still some big games, and this WWE PPV will likely be going up against the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl back-to-back. But it was a smart move to not put the PPV in, say, the college football capital of America oh wait

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE should just ditch the concept of a Champion and have everyone fighting to become to Top Brand Ambassador.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE should just ditch the concept of a Champion and have everyone fighting to become to Top Brand Ambassador.

Money in the Bank except it's a WWE logo t-shirt that the winner gets to wear for a full year

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Steph gonna go on a Sammartino-level run

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cavauro posted:

from what i've heard zelina vega is really just mostly interested in being able to run with that trade name, even to the point of giving wwe a large percentage of her online income. in so many words she was not comfortable w/ the brand recognition of her real name and how things had been going in the short-term. calling it a panic move would be disrespectful so i shalln't. in any case the point is, for better or worse, her win/loss record and tv time weren't factors that she considered important and it's not so much that she actually thought she would be treated fairly on-screen

That's all on her.

I remember when all this stuff started after she was fired, there was like 4 names she was going by. There was Zelina Vega, Thea Trinidad, Megan Minx, and then her YouTube was AtoZOnYouTube. Then some accounts she was ttheatrinidad. So you search her name, and you just get these fan accounts as the top hit with random photos of her.

It's fine that she's not winning, she's a heel. If WWE wants to push her they will, just like they did with Nikki after what felt like a month long push.

I feel like a similar thing is going on with the IIconics, I cannot remember what their real names are, because my only exposure is their account name change on social media and it's different everywhere.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you guys

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

im a bit late for WALTER talk but i just want to say the first time i saw him was at the rumble in 2019 i think and all of us watching went from "who's this guy?" to "holy poo poo this guy rules!" as soon as he hit the ring and started wrecking everyone.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

ASenileAnimal posted:

im a bit late for WALTER talk but i just want to say the first time i saw him was at the rumble in 2019 i think and all of us watching went from "who's this guy?" to "holy poo poo this guy rules!" as soon as he hit the ring and started wrecking everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0GypGtrXF8

i completely forgot about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I just had the upsetting realization that Connor the Crusher is about to become a huge HHH and Stephanie fan and it was his dream to meet them