Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Stare-Out posted:

Danny Trejo's outfit

That is some of the worst uniform costuming I have ever seen :psyduck:

This is what seamen dressed in during World War II:

Apparently tropical combat uniforms WERE sometimes worn but they were Marine Corps uniforms, while this is some $3 AliExpress "World War II authentic soldier shirt olive drab c00l h0t summer men women cosplay re-enactment authentic l00k" level work.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jul 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Why does that one guy get a helmet with no brim?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Why does that one guy get a helmet with no brim?

IIRC it's a larger version designed so that headphones for a radio can fit underneath.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Perestroika posted:

IIRC it's a larger version designed so that headphones for a radio can fit underneath.

What happens when the other guys want to listen to music, do they take turns with the radio helmet?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

What happens when the other guys want to listen to music, do they take turns with the radio helmet?

The boat is usually broadcasting music from 7 to 11. It’s how we got 7/11.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alec Eiffel posted:

The boat is usually broadcasting music from 7 to 11. It’s how we got 7/11.

They never should have cut those 2 hours.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Not to be age restrictive, but I don’t think Danny Trejo is in the age range for eligible service.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ruddiger posted:

Not to be age restrictive, but I don’t think Danny Trejo is in the age range for eligible service.

"Nothing in the rulebook says we can't enlist a septuagenarian ex-con..."
"Did you not read past the first page?"

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

Are you going to be the one to tell Danny Trejo he can't do something? He probably just got on the boat and everyone's too scared to tell him he didn't actually join the navy.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Danny's mouth looks literally like a smile shoddily turned upside down on Photoshop

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Assuming Danny's character is of a similar age as he that means this WW2 soldier was born in the 1860s. Making him older than any of the allied leaders by a decade.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 12, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Assuming Danny's character is of a similar age as he that means this WW2 soldier was born in the 1860s. Making him older than any of the allied leaders by a decade.

This MFer lived through the Civil War.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He would have been in his 20s at the showdown at the OK Corral in Tombstone

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Those are both posters for Columbo.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Prove it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Weren't Peter Falk and Casey Kasem loving or am I thinking of two other people?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I don't know about that, but Kasem's daughter had a restraining order against Falk's daughter, due partly to testimony provided by Mickey Rooney's daughter and Glenn Campbell's son.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The poor gardener dies in that explosion and he didn’t do anything wrong!!!!!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't know about that, but Kasem's daughter had a restraining order against Falk's daughter, due partly to testimony provided by Mickey Rooney's daughter and Glenn Campbell's son.

Calico Heart posted:

The poor gardener dies in that explosion and he didn’t do anything wrong!!!!!

That must have been a wild weekend.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My reaction is the same as the title :smug:

Not really.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A little early, isn't it? A full year from now?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lobok posted:

A little early, isn't it? A full year from now?

This is the post Covid world, a movie is announced, they release a poster and a trailer and a toyline and then the movie comes out three years later.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

completely impossible to suss out the plot of this movie from the poster

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

completely impossible to suss out the plot of this movie from the poster

My completely wild-rear end guess is, based mostly on his other work, is that it's going to involve aliens and some black dudes having the proper response to "What was that noise? Let's go check it out."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

My completely wild-rear end guess is, based mostly on his other work, is that it's going to involve aliens and some black dudes having the proper response to "What was that noise? Let's go check it out."

A horror movie where the protagonist just bail immediately at first sign of trouble and never get into any real danger. They find out via the news later what they avoided.

It’ll be the Eddie Murphy’s delirious bit about it.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Hey goons, does anybody have a brand of poster frames they'd recommend? Or a really good retailer for them?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
For solid, cheap frames online with a good number of sizes and styles, I haven't found better than Craig Frames.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Almost Blue posted:

Hey goons, does anybody have a brand of poster frames they'd recommend? Or a really good retailer for them?

American Frame has a great selection of mouldings and matboard, and it's where I buy all my framing components. But if you're looking for already assembled frames, feedmyleg's rec might be better.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

just be sure to jam them up against the ceiling

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

hexwren posted:

just be sure to jam them up against the ceiling
It was an ok height for the low ceiling building, charles.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

When in doubt Ikea.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

When in doubt Ikea.

poo poo I didn’t think of this when I was looking for frames. I have some real lovely ones currently and been meaning to replace them with something less lovely.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

When in doubt Ikea.
Most of the frames I saw at ikea tend to be Euro paper ratios, and most posters tend to be US ratios. So you end up with too much space at the top and bottom.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cage posted:

It was an ok height for the low ceiling building, charles.

It absolutely was not lol

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Absolutely do not buy Ikea frames. None of them are wood, just some kind of pressed cardboard crap. I just grabbed a couple frames out of storage to hang up and one of the brackets ripped itself right out of the frame while I was trying to hang it. Luckily didn't drop it I don't trust the moulding enough to try reattaching it again.

Get something solid wood or metal, somewhere else.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Ikea frames tend to have plastic instead of glass, and while it's obviously a hell of a lot lighter and not fragile at all, in my experience framing stuff for other people, it's very easily damaged and impossible to clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah I cannot stress enough (as someone that bought a ton of frames) that proper glass is the key. I'd you have cheaper plexi it's likely to be super reflective. I didn't think that would matter much but you'd be surprised at how it can totally ruin the poster viewing experience.

I sold a bunch of my posters a while back and every time I took one out of the cheap frames I would marvel at how much detail and texture I was missing when it was in frame.