Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I mean, you never head about chili sin carne, do you?

Look, sin is right there in the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I mean, you never head about chili sin carne, do you?

After confession I was taught about the Chilis Incarnate

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

Everyone knows meat belongs in chili, because the full name of the dish is chili con carne :eng101:

You may be thinking of the debate over whether beans can be in there too

Some Texans even get mad about tomatoes in chili.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Chili al lado de carne

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Tomatoes in chili bad

Source: not from texas

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm from Virginia and I think tomatoes in chili is bad, but I think tomatoes in anything is bad, so I may not be the best authority on the subject.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm from Virginia and I think tomatoes in chili is bad, but I think tomatoes in anything is bad, so I may not be the best authority on the subject.

I bet you make terrible Bloody Marys

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

gently caress i realized i caused another chili derail

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
WELCOME TO CHILIS

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Rush looks like cold grey chili about now.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

happyhippy posted:

Rush looks like cold grey chili about now.

Let's put some tomatoes in his corpse

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Congrats to Rush Limbaugh on 156 days of sobriety!

Knew you could do it, big guy!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1418351744166338564

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I believe this is what's known as "talking poo poo and getting hit"

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

I believe this is what's known as "talking poo poo and getting hit"

Also known as "loving around and finding out" or "the leopard is eating my face".

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Owns

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Maybe their death can be a positive for society. First good thing a right wing propagandist would do.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I wonder. If your revenue stream, your actual livelihood is tied up in vocally promoting anti-vax/Trumpist rhetoric and you barely survive COVID-19, what are the chances you'll honor this promise and start promoting the vaccine. wouldn't you expect your audience to turn on you if you flip on the issue you've helped rile them up about?

If the guy lives, will he change or go right back to the grift? If he dies, will anyone from his audience care another anti-vaccine guy died of COVID? Which outcome has the best overall utility?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dr. Faustus posted:

I wonder. If your revenue stream, your actual livelihood is tied up in vocally promoting anti-vax/Trumpist rhetoric and you barely survive COVID-19, what are the chances you'll honor this promise and start promoting the vaccine. wouldn't you expect your audience to turn on you if you flip on the issue you've helped rile them up about?

If the guy lives, will he change or go right back to the grift? If he dies, will anyone from his audience care another anti-vaccine guy died of COVID? Which outcome has the best overall utility?

He'll either die or go back on the grift train. The idea that they might change or reform in the face of experience massively overestimates their integrity. These people would assfuck their grandmother's corpse live on air if they thought there was money to be made.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Thoughts and prayers.

Too bad he didn't have a gun. Or several guns. Could have shot that virus and been a good guy with a gun. Then again, hard to shoot a hoax so I dunno. I am becoming a bad person because I don't give a gently caress if he dies.

The RW talk shows play Newsmax commercials now so loving lol. I can't recall ever seeing or hearing an ad for a news station that wasn't "Your Local Team; With Bob Hack With the Weather and Joe Jock With Sports" type poo poo. I guess I remember seeing "CNN: The Most Trusted Name in News" ads at some point but the Newsmax spots are hilarious.

And by hilarious I mean depressing.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The more intellectually consistent right-wingers keep hoisting themselves on their own stupidity like this. If it's not a disease or weirdo loving supplement poo poo it's an inability to instantly abandon inconvenient narratives. Perhaps that's why all the prominent ones are dishonest grifters - it's evolution.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 23, 2021

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Zeroisanumber posted:

He'll either die or go back on the grift train. The idea that they might change or reform in the face of experience massively overestimates their integrity. These people would assfuck their grandmother's corpse live on air if they thought there was money to be made.

Case in point, Sandy Rios over at American Family Radio was gone last week. This Monday she came back and explained the situation - her kids brought back Covid from a summer camp, and it hit both her and her husband hard, the husband needing to be hospitalized with Covid-related pneumonia. She has outright stated that her position on vaccines (she's not a fan) hasn't changed, and is right back on the antivax train. These ghouls do not care.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If he survives he'll say that it shows covid isn't a big deal and you'll probably live through it even if you get it and now he has antibodies so he doesn't even need the vaccine anymore.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
"If masks work, why can't I ask if masks work?" Dan Bongino, Galaxy brained radio host week took over for rush, circa the last few weeks

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Does Breaking Points count as RWM?

someone introduced it to me and it looks like the dumbest truth in the middle podcast where they spend half the time boosting right wing propoganda, but will then say "maybe billionaires should pay more taxes?"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

tek79 posted:

I know they all like to envision themselves as one of those ripped guys in an army green American flag graphic tee with the fashy haircut and manly beard that you see in right-wing memes holding a tacticlol AR-15, or some John Wayne spin-off - but this is always been funny to me because I've never personally known a chud whose own personal sense of "masculine" pride was anything other than their beer gut and an ability to take out a 12-pack of Miller Light in one sitting, or how much red meat they consume. These are all people who bought a big truck and a gun and said "Whelp! I'm a real man now not some sissy liberal state latte sipping Prius driver!" and called it a day. I don't think they'd fare nearly as well as they think they would in some hypothetical civil war with a blue state when their strategy is based on some lazy notion of what "being a real man" is supposed to mean. Half of them would have a heart attack just trying to make it to the front line.

It fits with their mentality. Their idea of a manly man is the same as children think a manly man is

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

HootTheOwl posted:

"If masks work, why can't I ask if masks work?" Dan Bongino, Galaxy brained radio host week took over for rush, circa the last few weeks

Bout as smart as the dumbfucks I've been reading asking why everyone thinks covid was politicized and when you explain that poo poo they say "There you go making it political".
These people are loving stupid. I feel like it's a miracle they can find the power button to turn on their computers

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

pentyne posted:

Does Breaking Points count as RWM?

someone introduced it to me and it looks like the dumbest truth in the middle podcast where they spend half the time boosting right wing propoganda, but will then say "maybe billionaires should pay more taxes?"

Breaking points is a weird thing.

Saggar loves to play footsie with the alt right and Crystal loves any chance to own the libs from the left, while also cozying up to the alt right.

Its a soft left almost strasserite amalgam of ideologies. I don't know if that is the right way to describe it.

They jumped ship from The Hill and tried going on their own. It seems like they found a home with being clickbait for the alt right and online left.

So short answer is yes.

Why does starting an online news platform seem to break so many people.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

tek79 posted:

I know they all like to envision themselves as one of those ripped guys in an army green American flag graphic tee with the fashy haircut and manly beard that you see in right-wing memes holding a tacticlol AR-15, or some John Wayne spin-off - but this is always been funny to me because I've never personally known a chud whose own personal sense of "masculine" pride was anything other than their beer gut and an ability to take out a 12-pack of Miller Light in one sitting, or how much red meat they consume. These are all people who bought a big truck and a gun and said "Whelp! I'm a real man now not some sissy liberal state latte sipping Prius driver!" and called it a day. I don't think they'd fare nearly as well as they think they would in some hypothetical civil war with a blue state when their strategy is based on some lazy notion of what "being a real man" is supposed to mean. Half of them would have a heart attack just trying to make it to the front line.

The idea of a civil war being red vs blue states is itself lazy and a lot of blue staters think the same way. Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, NOLA, etc are not about to bust out the rebel flags. Similarly California and NY have more trump voters than many states have people.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Why does starting an online news platform seem to break so many people.

Well you see, simple commoner, modern journalists must achieve the highest state of enlightenment so that they can report the facts with pure objectivity and complete neutrality. None of these opinions or lived experiences which cloud the judgement of lesser beings. Which leads to situations where a journalist who has publicly discussed surviving sexual assault has to be banned from reporting on anything to do with sexual assaults in general lest the public get the impression that the reporter thinks that sexual assault is bad.

https://twitter.com/jasoncherkis/status/1418574114785308677

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

greazeball posted:

Well you see, simple commoner, modern journalists must achieve the highest state of enlightenment so that they can report the facts with pure objectivity and complete neutrality. None of these opinions or lived experiences which cloud the judgement of lesser beings. Which leads to situations where a journalist who has publicly discussed surviving sexual assault has to be banned from reporting on anything to do with sexual assaults in general lest the public get the impression that the reporter thinks that sexual assault is bad.

https://twitter.com/jasoncherkis/status/1418574114785308677

*Infinite screaming*

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Comedian trolls a city council meeting in York Town NY and proves how satire isn't quite dead. He loses points for reading off his phone because it would have landed harder if he'd gone in hard acting like it was off the cuff but I like it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW40l4EXA9E&t=97s

EDIT

Time stamped

EDIT2:

gently caress. Here's an interview with the 2 comedians that did the video

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kvddx/walter-masterson-school-board-meeting-critical-race-theory

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 24, 2021

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

It fits with their mentality. Their idea of a manly man is the same as children think a manly man is

That fits. Trump is a poor person's idea of a rich person, a dumb person's idea of a smart person, and a weak person's idea of a strong person. Of course they voted for him.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Tucker Calrson goes to Montana, it doesn't go well

quote:

When a local fly fishing guide spotted noted vaccine skeptic Tucker Carlson at a sporting goods store in Livingston, Montana, he did not waste time.

“You are the worst human being known to mankind. I want you to know that,” Dan Bailey can be heard telling the Fox News host in a video posted to his Instagram page Friday night.

He captioned the video: “It’s not everyday you get to tell someone they are the worst person in the world and really mean it! What an rear end in a top hat!”

Much of the brief conversation ― apparently filmed by a shaky mobile phone ― is difficult to make out. Carlson, in a plaid button-down and a gold watch, can be seen holding his hand up against Bailey’s chest, making his trademark exaggerated facial expressions. He appears to grimace, and then, realizing he is being filmed, spreads his mouth into a grin and turns away.

Bailey can be heard saying: “What you have done to people’s families, what you have done to everyone else ― ”

Carlson then appears to condescend to the man, calling him “son” as he walks away.

It's an instagram video but the twittersphere picked it up, linking Lincoln Project only because they actually attributed Dan Bailey.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1419029191815798785

Look forward to

A) Montana Man getting milkshake ducked (it is Montana after all)
B) Tucker Carlson claiming he was attacked by a filthy commie in Montana.
C) Both.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 24, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Why is he touching the dude's chest that's weird

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'll be honest, I don't know if I could get up in Carlson's face and restrain myself from physical violence. I think I could like see him in public and control myself, sure, but getting heated with him while also reining it in? Dude's a loving superman of self control if you ask me.

Tucker Carlson is a mass murdering fascist and should be treated accordingly.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's worth at least one good, loud bitchslap

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Angry_Ed posted:

Tucker Calrson goes to Montana, it doesn't go well

It's an instagram video but the twittersphere picked it up, linking Lincoln Project only because they actually attributed Dan Bailey.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1419029191815798785

Look forward to

A) Montana Man getting milkshake ducked (it is Montana after all)
B) Tucker Carlson claiming he was attacked by a filthy commie in Montana.
C) Both.

Definitely going to be a "B". Tucker will cry on TV about this assault that left him shaken and worried about his rights because the libs tried to silence him. Next time they'll try to break down his door and murder his family

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Groovelord Neato posted:

The biggest hurdle to these people getting the vaccine is they never thought the pandemic was real or a big deal to begin with.

https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1418224536185671680?s=20

This is the psycho that wrote the infamous Flight 93 Election essay.

everyone's a badass cowboy until they drive their expensive truck into a minority neighborhood, then it's locked doors and imaginary gang signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
ANTIFA thugs are invading the Montana countryside! Your children aren't safe!!