Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Rynoto posted:

The mines were a system put in place when the active pop was ~800 at peak and it shows.

I gotta say, I've never seen it this bad and I've seen big server pops before but almost every sector having 25+ q times is a blessing a curse.

Saltbrooke was a good op, had some 4 am skeleton crew attacks though had things tense this morning, I don't know the status of saltbrook now but im glad its still in our hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Amazing Member posted:

I gotta say, I've never seen it this bad and I've seen big server pops before but almost every sector having 25+ q times is a blessing a curse.

Saltbrooke was a good op, had some 4 am skeleton crew attacks though had things tense this morning, I don't know the status of saltbrook now but im glad its still in our hands

Saltbrook was when I was last in pretty sleepy now, all the action is down south with only Iron Junction left to capture.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Component fields are like 6-8 people perpetually trying to fill up trucks and containers by chasing after the one component node that just spawned.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jue7_ML8AY

Okay so the most recent compilation video of our antics for the last two wars is here.

For the moment aside from having to spawn indirectly and hoof it to the front things for us in the war are doing well, things seem a bit healthier than they were for the last few wars. If you bounced off us in May/June do give the game another try if you got the time.

Also, got enough commends finally to be promoted from Officer Cadet.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

2lt SeanBeansShako is now authorized to lead sergeants and corporals to their doom by reading the map wrongly.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That's what you get for raising one of them up from the enlisted.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Possible dumb question from someone who hasn't played in awhile. Managed to snag an enemy armored car that was slightly behind the front lines, drove it for a couple seconds and was suddenly just sorta kicked to respawn (wasn't gassed out or anything). Was this a glitch or a new anti-cheese kinda thing?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Danann posted:

2lt SeanBeansShako is now authorized to lead sergeants and corporals to their doom by reading the map wrongly.

I am now commissioned to get us all lost, only more officially.

Brovstin posted:

Possible dumb question from someone who hasn't played in awhile. Managed to snag an enemy armored car that was slightly behind the front lines, drove it for a couple seconds and was suddenly just sorta kicked to respawn (wasn't gassed out or anything). Was this a glitch or a new anti-cheese kinda thing?

Some sort of bug I am afraid, their network stuff is on fire as this game was designed for peak 700-900 not the present numbers due to yet another popularity growth.

HyperHopper
Aug 12, 2011

The Diggle Commandos need you! Are you brave enough to join the Diggle Commandos?

Just got this game! Shame that all the goons seems to be on the warden side. I am very much enjoying the disorganized chaos on the collie side, fueled only by the "Monke strong together" battle philosophy.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

HyperHopper posted:

Just got this game! Shame that all the goons seems to be on the warden side. I am very much enjoying the disorganized chaos on the collie side, fueled only by the "Monke strong together" battle philosophy.

I mean, it's the same over here.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

HyperHopper posted:

That's everyone, don't worry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I am pleased to report first part of lock down Endless Shore a success, despite some really tense back and forth fighting around Iron Juncition tenacity and a last minute battery and hundreds of 120 shells decided for now the whole region is a healthy blue.

What do we do now? We dig in. We've decided to work and set up a Bunker Base complex at Lockheed, so logistics goons the good news is we fort. Bad news is you are going to hate the sight of that canteen.

Solid work fighting and doing logistics work, now we play the waiting game for the next phase of the war.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

I am pleased to report first part of lock down Endless Shore a success, despite some really tense back and forth fighting around Iron Juncition tenacity and a last minute battery and hundreds of 120 shells decided for now the whole region is a healthy blue.

What do we do now? We dig in. We've decided to work and set up a Bunker Base complex at Lockheed, so logistics goons the good news is we fort. Bad news is you are going to hate the sight of that canteen.

Solid work fighting and doing logistics work, now we play the waiting game for the next phase of the war.

Last night got pretty hairy around Iron Junction, at one point i thought we were going to lose it again after a a few 30+ rushes led by an APC broke through the lines.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Cimber posted:

Last night got pretty hairy around Iron Junction, at one point i thought we were going to lose it again after a a few 30+ rushes led by an APC broke through the lines.

Before my network dropped my and I decided enough was enough for the night, our 40MM AT gun was just down the road from the recently rebuilt town hall. I personally felt Iron Junction was screwed and glad to see I was wrong now.

Got three solid public players to help me push that thing about.

Also, me and Luipold discovered the weird but wonderful oddity that is the Colonial Howitzer. It's a mini 120 artillery piece. On wheels. That you can load multiple 120 shells inside.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, me and Luipold discovered the weird but wonderful oddity that is the Colonial Howitzer. It's a mini 120 artillery piece. On wheels. That you can load multiple 120 shells inside.

Why does it seem like their toys are better than ours.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Cimber posted:

Why does it seem like their toys are better than ours.

Developer bias?

On a serious note it isn't that bad, I suspect these things are expensive to make and losing them early war hurts them a lot more. Yeah our quick firing field gun cannot shoot 120 shells.

But who needs to when the enemy is so eager for kills in occupied trenches they lean right into the splash zone of the 40MM shell.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The 120 field gun can't load multiple shells (1 loaded, 1 spare only), has much shorter range (250v300), and can be easily stolen. Also more expensive - 50 v 35rmat. It also tends to show up 1-2 tiers later.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
New wardens need to step up their game, colonial newbies lost three halftracks to an AT turret in broad daylight. Iron junction has been a valuable training ground for both sides.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Delacroix posted:

New wardens need to step up their game, colonial newbies lost three halftracks to an AT turret in broad daylight. Iron junction has been a valuable training ground for both sides.

guess who build those AT turrets in iron junction :smug:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Getting AT gun turrets before the they start rolling out their tanks minimises the crazy newbie tank shock when a Tankette shows up.

So yeah, War 80 is a pretty solid war. We've set up a few small T2 based and built the G-Houses at Lockheed. Feel free to toss some extra crates of stuff into the safe house down there along with mortar shells.

With the weekend coming and Spitfires ours, I think we're overdue for a few partisan raids into Colonial backlines.

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker
Here's two great reasons for us to use Discord over in game voice chat:

1) Voice attenuation. It's incredibly difficult to hear the people I want to hear talking because the game makes no effort in separating out squad voice and local voice.

2) For whatever reason my dumb mic sounds completely awful in game and fine in Discord. I know there's at least one other person who doesn't talk in game but can use Discord fine who is in our squad.

I probably should just buy a new microphone, but for now it's not very fun trying to do front line stuff with goons and being unable to voice chat.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If people want to chill and use Discord more that is fine, I have issues with Discord since my PC problems started late last year so I will be mostly be using squad VOIP for the most part except raids.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I prefer discord, too.

Speaking of, there should be about 15 Spitfires in the Viper MPF goon squad output queue ready to go. I'll try to move them later after work, but they should already be done if anyone wants to grab them/some of them and run them down to Lockheed. I've got a fuel truck outside the depot, and another 400+ fuel in my personal refinery output so we should have enough gas for anything we want to do.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Krynn posted:

Here's two great reasons for us to use Discord over in game voice chat:

1) Voice attenuation. It's incredibly difficult to hear the people I want to hear talking because the game makes no effort in separating out squad voice and local voice.

2) For whatever reason my dumb mic sounds completely awful in game and fine in Discord. I know there's at least one other person who doesn't talk in game but can use Discord fine who is in our squad.

I probably should just buy a new microphone, but for now it's not very fun trying to do front line stuff with goons and being unable to voice chat.

2 is too high volume. Basically mic starts to sound absolutely garbage in foxhole when its volume is too high.

also extra pro's of discord
with U key you can mute the local chatter in foxhole, so you can actually hear what is spoken in discord without pubbies blasting it with local chatter.
it would also enable us to use squad chat for something else. Like joining temporal arty squads that form up in frontlines.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Discord would be nice, as we can also sort people by voice channel in there rather than having a few different groups all talking on squad chat. Could get confusing if two people are spotting for arty for example.

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker

Dark Off posted:

2 is too high volume. Basically mic starts to sound absolutely garbage in foxhole when its volume is too high.

also extra pro's of discord
with U key you can mute the local chatter in foxhole, so you can actually hear what is spoken in discord without pubbies blasting it with local chatter.
it would also enable us to use squad chat for something else. Like joining temporal arty squads that form up in frontlines.

You're not wrong, but when I lowered the volume someone told me now I just sound quiet and terrible instead of terrible.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Another bonus about Discord if you are doing artillery stuff, stream sniping saves time with the spotter streaming what they see.

Not a bad idea, many goon veterans didn't like VOIP at all or don't know about group chat so maybe having some presence in Discord will make them not think nobody is playing.

I will idle in there to pad numbers out.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Hello, I joined server two, like an idiot, and now I don't really want to change to server one. Is there a goon platoon over there, or just server one?

Also, the 3rd Party tools appear to only want server 1 :(

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Server two is just the lovely overflow server that no one cares about. Join server 1 as eventually it'll be the only one again.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Volmarias posted:

Hello, I joined server two, like an idiot, and now I don't really want to change to server one. Is there a goon platoon over there, or just server one?

Also, the 3rd Party tools appear to only want server 1 :(

We are all on server one. Queues are bad but not terrible. Choose Wardens.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rynoto posted:

Server two is just the lovely overflow server that no one cares about. Join server 1 as eventually it'll be the only one again.

Ugh fiiiiiiine

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The trick is to look at the map, find the backline region north of the one you want in and travel to the border in truck or on foot.

Then you get priority over those in home region trying to teleport in.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

allods bight was insanity last night for both sides.
Wardens take half of the scurvyshire without any bunker bases build up. Colonials counter by pushing with 3 halftracks and those die to cutler launchers but it aint enough since there is even more halftracks driving forward.
Wardens get pushed back to border, and enemy halftracks retreat. Causing wardens to pushback again, this time flank was empty and collies pushback from the hill losing 2 more halftracks in process, but wardens counter that push. Some pubbie yells that he found empty flank for 40mm pushgun. Pushgun follows the pubbie and 3 minutes later returns from fog of war as enemy pushgun. flank then gets flanked and gets pushed back.
Back at frontline allied halftrack drives past me being chased by enemy spitfire. I rpg enemy spitfire chasing the halftrack. Jump into next trench and rpg apc as well.
flanks get pushed in but frontline advances as well, and both sides lose a bunker base. Both pushes get countered and situation resets once again.
Wardens push out again getting shelled by mortar trucks. Situation becomes pure chaos enemy sends in more halftracks that get bonesawed. enemy pushes into trenches while we also jump into their trenches. both sides die in trenches. flank gets captured by enemy then gets pushed in by wardens that then manages to push into enemy flank. I get tired of constant halftrack in the flank so i place 15 mines in the flank. And that basically ends enemy attempts to drive halftracks into our flank.
both sides have artilleries firing but slowly overtime collie artillery battery gets bigger and bigger. It leads to situation where ppl are dying in backline while frontline is crushing the enemy. wardens drive back 3 mortar trucks from the frontline.
And in the end collie battery got big enough to hit multiple locations at once, leading into loss of allods. I log off and log back in 1 hour later to find allods border recaptured with insanity ongoing again.

https://i.imgur.com/jq8dyRo.mp4
(pay attention to bush im in)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Good news, the Relic and bit of ground in front of it is now back in our hands again!

Swamp fighting sucks. Maybe tonight we'll get together and plan some backline raiding in our Spitfires.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Dark Off posted:

Allows blight

https://i.imgur.com/jq8dyRo.mp4
(pay attention to bush im in)

I was there! Yeah, its been back and forth all morning, which reminds me: is there some junkies with bayonet charges and bad latency? Ive gotten stabbed by people that glitch around and it is so infuriating

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Amazing Member posted:

I was there! Yeah, its been back and forth all morning, which reminds me: is there some junkies with bayonet charges and bad latency? Ive gotten stabbed by people that glitch around and it is so infuriating

Most likely is that the server is breaking because it wasn't designed for this many people and as more and more structures/trenches/vehicles/people move about it just can't keep up. With that said you can easily manipulate upload speed to make yourself incredibly hard to kill but only the try-hardiest do it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Gonna hop on in a bit, been a crazy week and haven't been able to contribute to the war effort ☹️

How we doin? :black101:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

cr0y posted:

Gonna hop on in a bit, been a crazy week and haven't been able to contribute to the war effort ☹️

How we doin? :black101:

The war has been lost because you were not there. Thanks a lot bub.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
By blocking a bridge behind a major fight with freighters and getting the responding colonial gunboats killed by barge pirates, my efforts are rewarded with a lone colonial donating their APC to our base after they drove an empty freighter into a coastal gun.

e: This was only made possible because Leadout parked freighters in a spot APCs can't drive up. :hf:

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I want to make a regiment for my friends and I, how do I go about doing that?