Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like Joe Dildohands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bowmore posted:

Sounds like Joe Dildohands

POST THE GIF

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Nah. Bolt wouldn't have acknowledged the Aborigines.

Oh, right..

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's a nice essential job you have

For a clown to work

At the circus

Some people would claim he does the same job as the PM, but I think he does it better. Also he did get arrested for some reason.

Today I learned: Don't got to a protest with your phone.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
It's not a protest unless a journalist just doing their job gets pepper sprayed and by that metric this was a protest.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Spookydonut posted:

It's not a protest unless a journalist just doing their job gets pepper sprayed and by that metric this was a protest.

Escaping the surveillance net is a challenge. Don’t use a phone, or a registered opal card. Use cash for any purchases.

Then try and get home or to personal transport without being tracked on CCTV.

Maybe take a different coloured jacket/jumper/hat or something.

And yeah, wear a mask.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Escaping the surveillance net is a challenge. Don’t use a phone, or a registered opal card. Use cash for any purchases.

Then try and get home or to personal transport without being tracked on CCTV.

Maybe take a different coloured jacket/jumper/hat or something.

And yeah, wear a mask.

Also poo poo in a grid dug in your backyard to avoid wastewater testing

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Feds announce 85 million more doses of Pfizer to be delivered in 2022 and 2023

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Animal Friend posted:

Looked at an article about it and this actually seems like good forward planning for once. Talking about how it wasn't yet known if regular booster shots would be required but they are buying as if assumption is they will be to be safe.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Animal Friend posted:

They would expire if they arrived earlier than that. 25 million people live here.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

JBP posted:

They would expire if they arrived earlier than that. 25 million people live here.

Yeah it's all going to plan.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Animal Friend posted:

Yeah it's all going to plan.

There will be enough for those that want it in January. It's not going to happen any faster than that.

And like I mean including kids. Adults should be all done in October.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
If Christensen gets covid he will almost definitely die.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Zenithe posted:

The universe wouldn't be this kind to us

Remember that Trump survived covid

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

norp posted:

The universe wouldn't be this kind to us

Remember that Trump survived covid

And Boris. And Bolsonaro.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

And Dutton

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Zenithe posted:

Fingers crossed

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Christensen should stick to his first love - loving $2 whores in the Philippines.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/albericie/status/1419119452931596288

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You are a part of the loving government you useless gently caress.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

hooman posted:

You are a part of the loving government you useless gently caress.

Only because he can't get to the Phillipines right now

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Lol what the gently caress is this garbage oh no the poor police got viciously hurt by people telling them to gently caress off at a BLM protest

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Just had a customer at work who usually goes on loud racist rants and abuses non white people in the store come in without a mask. She's a middle aged woman we call "our Pauline". Unprovoked she points at her face and says

"I don't do this as a mark of disrespect towards anyone. I do it to protest the government ruining the lives of children for the sake of the elderly."

O. K.

Animal Friend fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 25, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

"Old people" is a pretty apt analysis of how we ended up here, if a little broad.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
These anti vax/anti mask/anti lock down people are insufferable. Openly admitting they're happy for people to die so they can get a coffee.

In my day sociopaths had the decency to pretend to have empathy for others.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Konomex posted:

These anti vax/anti mask/anti lock down people are insufferable. Openly admitting they're happy for people to die so they can get a coffee.

In my day sociopaths had the decency to pretend to have empathy for others.
These people do highlight the effect the lockdowns have on people's livelihoods and mental health, things they curiously don't consider under any other scope ever.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Animal Friend posted:

Just had a customer at work who usually goes on loud racist rants and abuses non white people in the store come in without a mask. She's a middle aged woman we call "our Pauline". Unprovoked she points at her face and says

"I don't do this as a mark of disrespect towards anyone. I do it to protest the government ruining the lives of children for the sake of the elderly."

O. K.

I mean if she was talking about one of countless other policy issues she’d be on the money. Climate change, negative gearing, capital gains tax discounts, franking credits

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

snoremac posted:

These people do highlight the effect the lockdowns have on people's livelihoods and mental health, things they curiously don't consider under any other scope ever.

Over the last week my neighbour (elderly, Sky News fanatic and Dan Andrews hater) shared a 15 minute tirade video with me from a sole trader in regional VIC which did the rounds on small-time conservative blogs. The video's initial argument was about how lockdowns cause a) huge mental health issues and b) financial support often misses people in certain communities. I don't have an issue with that argument and completely agree that lockdowns do cause a lot of grief, but when the alternative is people in hospitals or body bags I'm going to pick the lesser of the two evils any day.

I feel like a lot of these protests include people who subscribe to that idea, but the only voices that want to fight and protest against mental health concerns are the people that want to let people die all in the name of freedom. I wonder how many adjacent issues (mental health concerns, lack of support for the arts, metro vs regional split) have been swept up in these anti-lockdown protests.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

PalaNIN posted:

Over the last week my neighbour (elderly, Sky News fanatic and Dan Andrews hater) shared a 15 minute tirade video with me from a sole trader in regional VIC which did the rounds on small-time conservative blogs. The video's initial argument was about how lockdowns cause a) huge mental health issues and b) financial support often misses people in certain communities. I don't have an issue with that argument and completely agree that lockdowns do cause a lot of grief, but when the alternative is people in hospitals or body bags I'm going to pick the lesser of the two evils any day.

I feel like a lot of these protests include people who subscribe to that idea, but the only voices that want to fight and protest against mental health concerns are the people that want to let people die all in the name of freedom. I wonder how many adjacent issues (mental health concerns, lack of support for the arts, metro vs regional split) have been swept up in these anti-lockdown protests.

It seems to me, from talking to what feels like insane people, that their main issue is freedom. They don't want the government telling them what to do, they'll pull in all these other issues - mental health, patchy unemployment, lack of support, and when you address those as something the government could address they'll double down on freedom and that the government can't possibly do anything.

They're just a bunch of selfish narcicists..

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
notably these 'freedom' people don't give a poo poo about the ongoing indefinite detention of refugees, and there's a broad overlap between them and supporters of the NT intervention, because those are subhuman Not Them and therefore don't matter

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

So footage has emerged of the man who is now infamous for "punching" a police horse in yesterday's Sydney protest (See the bottom of this page)
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/syd-lockdown-protestor-horse-punch/

Except if you watch the footage it's clear that he didn't punch the horse at all - he merely nudged its head with minimal force to get it out if his personal space. The notorious photo just managed to capture the exact moment his fist was contacting the police horse's head. I'd encourage the posters who were baying for his blood this time yesterday and bemoaning how easily influenced people can be by selective/biased media to do a bit of self-reflection.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
people should be punching police horses anyway. all cops means all cops

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wizard Master posted:

So footage has emerged of the man who is now infamous for "punching" a police horse in yesterday's Sydney protest (See the bottom of this page)

Except if you watch the footage it's clear that he didn't punch the horse at all - he merely nudged its head with minimal force to get it out if his personal space. The notorious photo just managed to capture the exact moment his fist was contacting the police horse's head. I'd encourage the posters who were baying for his blood this time yesterday and bemoaning how easily influenced people can be by selective/biased media to do a bit of self-reflection.

Wow, he really doesn't punch it. I feel like a bit of a sucker.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If you don’t want a horse to be punched maybe don’t march it aggressively into a group of people

Someone broke my headlight when I was driving into a crowd of people :qq:

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 25, 2021

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

EoinCannon posted:

Wow, he really doesn't punch it. I feel like a bit of a sucker.

drat, I loved the mental image of a guy just left hooking a horse in the chops, it was so surreal

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I was tricked, hoodwinked into defending a cop horse from a dimwitted boob on the internet

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Wizard Master posted:

Which posters? Did you post this in the right place? Because as far as I can tell this was the only reaction in this thread.

The Peccadillo posted:

Haha, holy poo poo

or is this W I Z A R D M A S T E R

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Wizard Master posted:

I'm the one who was suspicious of that image yesterday but didn't post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
How was the protest wizard master?