Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
I guess you can take the deranged mindset of an audiophile and apply it to basically anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I remember eugene cordero saying once that ice cream flavours are a myth because you can't taste anything past a certain level of coldness

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Help Im Alive posted:

I think I remember eugene cordero saying once that ice cream flavours are a myth because you can't taste anything past a certain level of coldness

:what:

That reminds me of the time my friend's dad took us out for ice cream and when I mentioned I liked Hood's chocolate flavor the best, he confidently told me that all brands' chocolate ice cream is identical because it's always got the same ingredients on the label.

I was like ten and I still knew he was wrong

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Not putting ice because "it affects the flavor the food scientists intended" is so stupid. Serving soda cold makes it immensely more enjoyable and better tasting.

Also, Chris Get Hard

his full name is C. Paul Get Hard

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lmfao at the mid sentence ad splice near the end of the last episode

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/1420839516567396356

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
How many ounces of stolen sugar syrup would that have to prevent to be worth the tech and the extra trash?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
It doesn't show up unless you look at the full tweet, so look at this poo poo

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol that is some dire poo poo

syrup is so loving cheap what the gently caress

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Syrup is cheap but the lost profits are pricey

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Nemo posted:

How many ounces of stolen sugar syrup would that have to prevent to be worth the tech and the extra trash?

The cup was already the most expensive part of a soda.

Poopy Palpy fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 30, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cheen posted:

Syrup is cheap but the lost profits are pricey

they would have to be giving out two gallons of soda/etc per customer for it to cause them to see any loss profits. the margins on fountain soda are well over 1000%. this is just a way for a senior VP to justify asking for a $750,000 bonus while shoveling a bunch of money/orders to a disposable drm soda cup startup he’s invested in

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I liked Mitch's story of driving around trying to deliver Marge vacuums to the wrong addresses and his bumper fell off.

The bit where Simpsons characters were Mitch's coworkers and very mundane is one of my favorite recurring gags.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I love their bit about early simpsons episodes being extremely mundane and boring. Plus I hope they keep their "you might be a redneck" bit going.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Live At Five! posted:

I love their bit about early simpsons episodes being extremely mundane and boring.

"Lisa's doing great, and Maggie's sleeping well."

One Tuesday I want to wake up and see the Patreon app notification on my phone that says "This week on the Double, Nick and Mitch do an entire hour of Season 1 Simpsons without breaking character"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

I love their bit about early simpsons episodes being extremely mundane and boring. Plus I hope they keep their "you might be a redneck" bit going.

Oh yeah that was fun but also a good point about how odd it would be in 2021 for a sitcom family to regularly attend church when it’s not the point of the show.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
As long as they get frosty chocolate milkshakes after church

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Nemo posted:

It's not about the money, it's about sending a message.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the message is a byproduct

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Is Nicole Byer the voice of Uber ads? I keep expecting her to start yelling at Mitch

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

indigi posted:

they would have to be giving out two gallons of soda/etc per customer for it to cause them to see any loss profits. the margins on fountain soda are well over 1000%. this is just a way for a senior VP to justify asking for a $750,000 bonus while shoveling a bunch of money/orders to a disposable drm soda cup startup he’s invested in

But if I'm getting a free refill I'm not buying another cup, this isn't hard to understand

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don’t even know what your point is but ok

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’ve been having a hard time getting through the food review sections of the show lately and I’ve fallen like a month behind. I don’t know if I’m over the format or if things like the 5th review of Burger King, the 6th review of Taco Bell, and this chain brewery one that I can’t seem to finish are the problem. It’s got to be the 10th time the boys are all talking about some hypothetical beer nerd from 2007ish that cornered them at a party to talk about Stone IPA or something not realizing that those guys evolved into blabbing about sours and gruit ales years ago. I still like the other segments though.

edit: When you go to the movie theater, what kinda snacks are you munching on??

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 4, 2021

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
As we talked about last time you were on, you hail from “the windy city.” Any favorite local Chicago eats that you miss from when you were growing up?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

I’ve been having a hard time getting through the food review sections of the show lately and I’ve fallen like a month behind. I don’t know if I’m over the format or if things like the 5th review of Burger King, the 6th review of Taco Bell, and this chain brewery one that I can’t seem to finish are the problem. It’s got to be the 10th time the boys are all talking about some hypothetical beer nerd from 2007ish that cornered them at a party to talk about Stone IPA or something not realizing that those guys evolved into blabbing about sours and gruit ales years ago. I still like the other segments though.

IMO they definitely need to stop doing Taco Bell for a while now. It's obviously something they and some of their guests have a strong connection to, but even with the variety of menu items (which they'll always complain isn't varied enough anymore), it's been done to death now. But yeah the actual review segment is definitely not the primary appeal of the show for me either way.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Honestly I've found this year to be better about the food chat portion of the show just because it's fascinating to hear Nick try to piece together a vegetarian meal when it comes to chains that are not friendly to vegetarians at all.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Srice posted:

Honestly I've found this year to be better about the food chat portion of the show just because it's fascinating to hear Nick try to piece together a vegetarian meal when it comes to chains that are not friendly to vegetarians at all.

I thought I was going to like that too but it just means he reviews fries or mac and cheese every week

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1422950459845738497

Wow. Finally sitting down with the Hamburger Men.

Drunkboxer posted:

I usually find myself drifting right around the time the actual meal discussion starts, I get distracted with something else and can't really keep track of what they ordered and how the fries were cold this time. You're spot on with the Strawman Beer Guy who exclusively drinks IPAs and won't shut up about IPAs thing. That's an archetype that definitely existed 15 years ago but hasn't really been around for a decade.

As for the movies: Pupcorn, you gotta have a pupcorn. Sometimes hutdug. And you gotta have Cherry Coke when you're at the movies. You gotta! (Me, personally: snack-free at the movies. I think I've done popcorn two or three times in the last decade.)

(Love the show, it's fun)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

As for the movies: Pupcorn, you gotta have a pupcorn. Sometimes hutdug. And you gotta have Cherry Coke when you're at the movies. You gotta! (Me, personally: snack-free at the movies. I think I've done popcorn two or three times in the last decade.)

I love the show, and Mitch, but man did he get lucky stumbling into such a lucrative podcast as a man who can often barely string a sentence together. He's a huge part of what's great about the show, because otherwise Nick would just be that guy in the suit who reviews fast food on youtube, so I'm not trying to rob him of credit for its success either. It's just such a specific niche that he found and good for him. We should all be so lucky as to find our calling in life like that.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Drunkboxer posted:

I thought I was going to like that too but it just means he reviews fries or mac and cheese every week

Yea there's definitely a lot of that. I like it more when it comes to places like Outback where he has to get creative.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Sinteres posted:

I love the show, and Mitch, but man did he get lucky stumbling into such a lucrative podcast as a man who can often barely string a sentence together. He's a huge part of what's great about the show, because otherwise Nick would just be that guy in the suit who reviews fast food on youtube, so I'm not trying to rob him of credit for its success either. It's just such a specific niche that he found and good for him. We should all be so lucky as to find our calling in life like that.

HE HAS A NAME AND ITS REVIEW BRAH

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ugh guess I’m skipping tomorrow

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Haven't had checkers since it gave my mom food poisoning as a kid, so I'm looking forward to it.

I remember really liking it and would go back but the ones I'm near now (and apparently the one from like 20 years ago) appear to still be making people sick so lol

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

indigi posted:

ugh guess I’m skipping tomorrow

Why

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I wasn't expecting checkers to blow them out of the water but.... wow

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I listened to Tom's audio book at work, and I thought it was a loving home run. Very highly recommended if you've ever enjoyed his stuff. His chapter on those stupid coin pusher games and pinball was excellent.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Man, Mitch going on a hateful screed against the British. I love it!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

Man, Mitch going on a hateful screed against the British. I love it!

And against the Irish despite being 100% irish. I liked Mitch accusing Wiger of having notes that said Tom only ate fish and nothing else.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I have never not enjoyed an episode. The worse things get, the funnier it is.

Also, I suspect that they go to Taco Bell, Burger King, etc so many times because a guest will be like, “I’ll do your dumb loving fast food podcast, but I’ll only eat at Taco Bell”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

WEH posted:

I wasn't expecting checkers to blow them out of the water but.... wow

Every time I've gotten Rally's I've been so pleasantly surprised by the positive cost : quality ratio and I frankly don't have any idea why I didn't get it more often when I was eating fast food regularly