Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
remember liquorhead lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ynb stepping up to attack a black woman for dissing a conservative white guy……. just gotta laugh idk man

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Judakel posted:

this valley fellow seems like a gullible idiot. just noticing a pattern, thats all

he's a cartoonist, so he's always lost in a fantasy world

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

gudetama posted:

nah theyll just be like "Ok so which vote will get us CLOSER to abortion being legal again? Which party wants to make progress toward getting that right back?"
Look I'm not saying I'm glad that RvW was overturned, far from it, but this was an inevitable consequence of losing RBG's seat on the court. Unless you think the Democratic party has some elixir of life or time machine, there is nothing that could be done about that. That said, RvW was a court ruling on abortion and Congress is free to legislate for legal abortion nationwide any time they like - and be on much firmer legal ground than RvW when they do. Do you think that's likely to happen with a Republican Congress?

So if you really care about abortion rights then you'll welcome and celebrate every single Senate and House seat picked up by the Democrats no matter how many of your dumb little purity tests they fail to pass, because each one of those seats is one step closer to safe and legal abortions for every woman in this country who wants one (which, as always, is hopefully a number we can keep as low as possible!).

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Listen, just because they oppose abortion during the campaign, they have to do that to win their seat. Obviously the Dem leadership won’t let that be an excuse for why we can’t legalize abortion again!

Listen, they always opposed abortions during the campaign, it would be electoral suicide for Dem leadership to force them to vote for it. Until we get super majorities in both houses we just need to focus on electing more Dems not tearing down our allies.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Willa Rogers posted:

the 5 stages of liberal grief:

Denial
Trump was the worst president of all times, a turrible man, most evil in the world, no other president was more evil than him.

Anger
How DARE you tell me Trump did something that I called good when Biden did it too. THIS SHALL NOT STAND.

Bargaining
Ok, so maybe Trump did the same thing Biden's doing now. But it wasn't exactly the same bc Biden's sending out novelty checks while Trump just increased everyone's paychecks.

Depression
What'll happen when parents realize their tax refunds were already given to them the prior year as advances, and they realize this six months before the midterms?

Acceptance

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

ynb stepping up to attack a black woman for dissing a conservative white guy……. just gotta laugh idk man

at 3:33 am lol

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

weird how the dems haven't used their majorities in both houses of congress to cement the legality of abortion before but i'm sure they were just too busy passing other critical legislation

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
having a majority means you need to be bipartisan

so make sure you vote

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

camoseven posted:

That's a really unpleasant read. I'm glad Vilerat got Benghazi'ed now.

The world is better off

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

lumpentroll posted:

hillary was right about vilerat and she was right about bernie sanders.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1418989538748293122?s=20

lmao matty thinks we're gonna solve global warming

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Wooten posted:

Vilerat still being a mod is like D&D's confederate statue.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

D&D smart people love to say a separate thing being true means the first thing doesn't count anymore.

if it doesn't fit, you must acquit

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Mirthless if you are reading this I hope you rereg and post more in the succ zone and less in doomsday economics.

He was banned? Must've been some bullshit reason

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

D&D smart people love to say a separate thing being true means the first thing doesn't count anymore.

Cheese smells funny.

"ok, but the funny smell is caused by fungus, therefore it smells fine!"

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

lmao at this header/pinned tweet combo
you only had two criteria for leader and biden failed both of them!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

a fatguy baldspot posted:

bc it was originally posted in fyad wasn’t it?

lol no. it was a vilerat dnd original.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he even was fighting for slavery

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You know what we need? 1 billion americans

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

also the student loan industry and the health insurance industry

Biden was key in making both medical debt + student-loan debt nondischargeable through bankruptcy.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

He was banned? Must've been some bullshit reason

Had meltdown and autobanned.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1419380381183250441?s=21

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Geez why are we so much worse than Europe? More driving and a big wasteful military?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lil poopendorfer posted:

Geez why are we so much worse than Europe? More driving and a big wasteful military?

coal

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

what's up with kazakhstan and (checks wikipedia) turkmenistan? lot of heavy industry and mining or something?

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Lots of countries in Europe also use district heating where the waste heat from power plants is used to heat water and sent out to houses. That's too much like communism so here in the good old US of A we don't use that heat for poo poo and make everyone heat up their own drat water. It's why the coal plants they do have in Europe will show as 10-20% more efficient than ones in the US even though they are the functionally the same thing.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

World War Mammories posted:

what's up with kazakhstan and (checks wikipedia) turkmenistan? lot of heavy industry and mining or something?

natural gas/oil. which is also probably why Canada and KSA are bright red as well

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Lots of countries in Europe also use district heating where the waste heat from power plants is used to heat water and sent out to houses. That's too much like communism so here in the good old US of A we don't use that heat for poo poo and make everyone heat up their own drat water. It's why the coal plants they do have in Europe will show as 10-20% more efficient than ones in the US even though they are the functionally the same thing.

Often, the excess heat produced from burning waste is used for district heating as well. Some European cities (Vienna and Munich, for example) also have district cooling, where river water is used to offer a centralized cooling source.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

natural gas/oil. which is also probably why Canada and KSA are bright red as well

ah, of course

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

american houses are also gigantic which contributes to CO2 emissions. those 12 foot ceilings add a lot volume for climate control!

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

camoseven posted:

lmao matty thinks we're gonna solve global warming

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Top Gun Reference posted:

ALL THESE FORUMS ARE YOURS – EXCEPT D&D.
ATTEMPT NO POSTING THERE.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

camoseven posted:

lmao matty thinks

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

also in turkmenistan electricity is free and fuel is extremely subsidized (or used to be, there have been austerity measures in recent years, perhaps subsidies have been cut). this would naturally lead to wasteful use. also all their power is generated from fossil fuels.

i think the central asian countries had more integrated power networks during the soviet era - some have pretty extensive hydropower - but in the independence era they're all doing their own things. same is probably true in kazakhstan, which is also by far the wealthiest of the five stans.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

the 5 stages of liberal grief:

Denial
Trump was the worst president of all times, a turrible man, most evil in the world, no other president was more evil than him.

Anger
How DARE you tell me Trump did something that I called good when Biden did it too. THIS SHALL NOT STAND.

Bargaining
Ok, so maybe Trump did the same thing Biden's doing now. But it wasn't exactly the same bc Biden's sending out novelty checks while Trump just increased everyone's paychecks.

Depression
What'll happen when parents realize their tax refunds were already given to them the prior year as advances, and they realize this six months before the midterms?

Acceptance

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Had meltdown and autobanned.

Huh

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Trabisnikof posted:

Listen, just because they oppose abortion during the campaign, they have to do that to win their seat. Obviously the Dem leadership won’t let that be an excuse for why we can’t legalize abortion again!

Listen, they always opposed abortions during the campaign, it would be electoral suicide for Dem leadership to force them to vote for it. Until we get super majorities in both houses we just need to focus on electing more Dems not tearing down our allies.

Ok, look, I know you have no idea how politics works, so I can see how you might think that having invincible super majorities in both the House and Senate, along with a democrat in the white house and an entirely liberal supreme court might mean that the Dems have literally zero excuse to not pass all of the Good Things they swore they would pass the instant that they had this precise set of circumstances, but in reality, where the very smart and pragmatic people live, what we actually need is a Super Duper Majority just in case Manchin clones himself and gives himself enough votes to overturn...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

oo ee oo