Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I've said it before but I hate Cornette's artist much more than I hate Cornette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!

Alaois posted:

i don't think cornette stans even watch old wrestling either

Lamuella posted:

Hating something takes less effort than either loving it or engaging critically with it.

That's genuinely pretty sad. They could be watching old tapes, reading about wrasslin' history, maybe even logging off and learning how to knit, I don't know. Doing anything healthier mentally for them than this

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Puppy Doll posted:

That's genuinely pretty sad. They could be watching old tapes, reading about wrasslin' history, maybe even logging off and learning how to knit, I don't know. Doing anything healthier mentally for them than this

I’ve genuinely felt much better and of course more powerful once I stopped actively hatewatching/hatelistening/hateconsuming stuff some years ago. It’s great!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

a cyborg mug posted:

I’ve genuinely felt much better and of course more powerful once I stopped actively hatewatching/hatelistening/hateconsuming stuff some years ago. It’s great!

Same. I stopped following a lot of the more drama-heavy threads on the forums when I realized they were just making me feel bad.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MassRafTer posted:

I would say the anti-Muslim rant in 2014, but you could easily say the email he wrote to Terry Taylor after he got fired from TNA about fantasizing to kill Russo. He'd obviously done deranged stuff before then, but he seemed to have the awareness to pull back when he went too far and save face. I feel like he still realized that after the email incident. But it was clear in 2014 he did not give a poo poo anymore. He was going to make his occupation "rant guy" and didn't care about his reputation, career prospects or anything. If he cost him co-hosts, jobs, friendships, he was going to be as racist, sexist, homophobic and dishonest as he wanted.

The anti-Muslim rant and his cornpilled fans harassing Alice Radley off the internet for disagreeing with him I think is when he went off the deep end, yeah.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vandar posted:

Are these offensive? These feel like they're probably offensive.

At least to the senses but they're so confusing and weird. I don't know if I'm offended because I don't even know what they're supposed to actually portray. Is Corny supposed to be Steven Segal?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

I've said it before but I hate Cornette's artist much more than I hate Cornette.

His lovely South Park art is very bad and it is fitting he's a Soros Conspiracy guy. Just the total package right there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gumball Gumption posted:

At least to the senses but they're so confusing and weird. I don't know if I'm offended because I don't even know what they're supposed to actually portray. Is Corny supposed to be Steven Segal?

In practice if not in theory.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Double post and all but does Cornette know that one of the guys he puts on a giant pedestal is out here liking current wrestling?

https://twitter.com/RealRickyMorton/status/1419146723532935168

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he might make some "out of touch" comments which :ironicat:

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Double post and all but does Cornette know that one of the guys he puts on a giant pedestal is out here liking current wrestling?

This is the same Ricky Morton who was on AEW for Tag Team Appreciation Night and said that the Young Bucks were the greatest tag team on the planet. I don't feel like going back and searching for Cornette's comments on that but they probably weren't pleasant.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Ricky Morton is cool, Jim is a hanger on. He'll never address it or he'll make an excuse to not address it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Whenever someone he likes shows up at AEW he just crows about how good it is that they’re taking that stupid mark’s money and working him into thinking he’s a real promoter.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1419387219341631496?s=20

these motherfuckers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lmao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

RnRs have been doing cool poo poo for years, they even did at least one Dynamite.

What would absolutely murder Cornette is if Joey Janela could do something with Bobby Eaton.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Puppy Doll posted:

I agree that's it's pretty sad/unhealthy that they devote so much time to getting mad about stuff rather than finding something positive/constructive to focus on. By the way, what's this thread about?

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!

little munchkin posted:

I agree that's it's pretty sad/unhealthy that they devote so much time to getting mad about stuff rather than finding something positive/constructive to focus on. By the way, what's this thread about?

Fair! I know I should probably take my own advice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cornette has/had a hidden professional jealousy and dislike of the rock n roll express ever since he was young that he would be happy to pin on them enjoying current wrestling.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i decided to listen to a random episode for a bit and it started with him giving an update on the baby deer that he feeds and lets hang out in his back yard

it was funny because his co-host can't understand why Jim cares about some wild deer and wants them on his property and spends money to buy food for them

I think i'd be fine with listening to his podcast if he just talked about wild animals, he seems to like them a lot, too bad that being extremely mad about modern wrestlers is more profitable

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
RnR where the absolute loving best at Mania weekend talking to the boys and sharing stories.

One of those "how did I get here in my life" stories was me and a couple buddies with LAX and RnR backstage drinking beers and hearing Morton talk about the 80's.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I'm assuming the baby deer is female, otherwise Cornette wouldn't let it on his property.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

has anyone made the 'cornette has been known to do anything for doe' joke yet because if not I'm gonna get my bad joke spot in

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 25, 2021

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Zombie Lemur posted:

I'm assuming the baby deer is female, otherwise Cornette wouldn't let it on his property.

i have no idea if this is a reference to something but from what i understood its multiple baby deer and their mom

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
oh wait, the bucks, right

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

he represents himself as an irritant who feasts on poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I cannot imagine having 10 minutes worth of thoughts to say about that match.

Cornette as a fly seems a bit on the nose, what with flies being incredibly annoying pests

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm assuming he wants to be a 'fly on the wall' during the planning of the match or something stupid like that.

I'm more curious as to why Kenny is Captain Hook.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vandar posted:

I'm assuming he wants to be a 'fly on the wall' during the planning of the match or something stupid like that.

I'm more curious as to why Kenny is Captain Hook.

Kenny went to Eton College

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I made myself listen to this.

"Kenny doesn't act like a world champion, he acts like a Disney channel villain."

:v:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vandar posted:

I made myself listen to this.

"Kenny doesn't act like a world champion, he acts like a Disney channel villain."

:v:

https://thetempest.co/2020/06/04/entertainment/disney-villains-gay-queer-coding/

And we stan.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

forkboy84 posted:

I cannot imagine having 10 minutes worth of thoughts to say about that match.

Cornette as a fly seems a bit on the nose, what with flies being incredibly annoying pests

what is there to say besides "who the gently caress booked a Gallows singles match in 2021?!?!?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tato posted:

what is there to say besides "who the gently caress booked a Gallows singles match in 2021?!?!?"

I assume Impact mandates Karl and Doc have to work the same number of matches in AEW, so we got a good match from Anderson the week before, we had to suffer this this week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

I assume Impact mandates Karl and Doc have to work the same number of matches in AEW, so we got a good match from Anderson the week before, we had to suffer this this week.

The match was fine.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

MassRafTer posted:

I love when Dave calls Cornette a shock jock, time for him to be covered on Shocktober.

Does that make Last 'The Hole' of the show?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Does that make Last 'The Hole' of the show?

He's Turd.

Turd, turd, here comes the turd.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/1420983870657384448?s=20

Heh

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

MassRafTer posted:

He's Turd.

Turd, turd, here comes the turd.

He's Mancow's stunt boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Praising WWE. K we are in the end times.

https://twitter.com/thejimcornette/status/1421246402064261137?s=21