Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Liquid Communism posted:

My biggest takeaway is how shockingly watchable the camerawork is. Still poorly framed and missing spots, but not nauseating.

Keep in mind this video was made square for whatever reason, so the widescreen/regular version probably isn't as weirdly framed. Kind of surprised at how little fast zooming in and out there is on impact compared to today's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WWE having input is probably the worst thing about this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if it’s not willem dafoe someone seriously hosed up

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I should say that there is very little chance the series happens and other than a few vague variety articles and some follow up in the Observer you may never hear about this again.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The first episode should open with a needle coming in from out of frame and going into an rear end to represent Vince’s personal 9/11

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A needle has hit the second cheek

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jesus WEP posted:

:drat:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The first episode should open with a needle coming in from out of frame and going into an rear end to represent Vince’s personal 9/11

jesus WEP posted:

Speaking of, who do you think will be cast as Stephanie, to tearfully deliver the "my dad's steroid trial/tax investigation was just as tragic as 9/11" speech, with emotional music swelling dramatically in the background

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

jesus WEP posted:

The drum roll from the start of Territorial Pissings but every drum hit is a montage shot of a needle hitting a butt cheek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm6Iz-I5OmQ

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

baron corbin just pulling baked beans, hard boiled eggs and spaghetti out of his pockets

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

jesus WEP posted:

If the series comes out this change the thread title to this

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 26, 2021

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
it'll be tempting to focus on Hogan and Warrior as star witnesses but they better not retcon Nailz out of his rightful place in history

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

jesus WEP posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Minidust posted:

it'll be tempting to focus on Hogan and Warrior as star witnesses but they better not retcon Nailz out of his rightful place in history

they are going to retcon everything lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

quote:

McMahon, WWE executive producer and chief of global television distribution Kevin Dunn, Blum, McCumber and Jeremy Gold will serve as executive producers on the project.

56 camera cuts per second.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

:perfect:

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

brainwashing scene from the parallax view but it's just flashes of steroid injections and kiss my rear end club clips

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they are going to retcon everything lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they change the narrative to "The government planted those drugs in the locker room to bring down the WWF!" Bonus points if they try to imply it was at the behest of Ted Turner.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

I, for one, am looking forward to this gripping true story of the scrappy underdog millionaire wrestling promoter/bodybuilding enthusiast/supplement salesman who just wants to put on some good, clean family wrestling fun but is beset at all sides by greedy wrestlers who care more about money than putting smiles on children's faces, dastardly rival promotions who want to put him out of business by putting on better shows than him, and evil mincing government thugs who want to ruin his life for literally no reason anyone can possibly imagine.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’ve always thought Timothy Olyphant could do a good Vince. He doesn’t look like him at all but he’s a good actor who can do weird, which you need for Vince.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"this is just like 9/11" - crying child, 1994, tv show

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think I remember WWE wanting to do a Vince biopic at some point and Stephanie was hoping to get Bradley Cooper

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Andy Samberg just because of the chin dimple

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Incredible

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The series starts with Billy Graham walking into the locker room with needles sticking out of his rear end

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Imagine if it was styled like 24 so you have like a scene where VInce and Nailz are fighting backstage (except in this show Vince is the one kicking Nailz' rear end) while another screen shows FDA agents cracking open crates of ICOPRO

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Cast Jesse Ventura as Vince

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave mentioned on Observer Radio this morning that the Nikki ASH gimmick is absolutely bombing hard with house show audiences. Probably not a good omen going forward for Nikki if so. I mean they'll try and sweeten the audience for her, but that won't work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave mentioned on Observer Radio this morning that the Nikki ASH gimmick is absolutely bombing hard with house show audiences. Probably not a good omen going forward for Nikki if so. I mean they'll try and sweeten the audience for her, but that won't work.

"I'm a giant loser and I want to feel better about myself" isn't a winning gimmick, who'd have thought it?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

"I'm a giant loser and I want to feel better about myself" isn't a winning gimmick, who'd have thought it?

Isn't that every babyface in WWE at this point?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think you're doing fine. j/k

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

DarkstarIV posted:

i liked her nxt gimmick and was convinced she would snap and go back to it at some point after joining the main roster as alexa bliss's dork loser friend.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

Funny thing is that this gimmick isn't a WWE idea. Nikki is taking all of the credit for the idea from the motivation to how her character is portrayed.

The one time Vince listens to someone and this is what happens. :negative:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Slapping on a 20 year old gimmick that was midcard level and then shoving a title belt onto it is probably not a winning combo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The gimmick honestly had potential (the costume needed work though) but they literally gave the title to her 3 weeks after she debuted it so who gives a poo poo.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

HerraS posted:

The series starts with Billy Graham walking into the locker room with needles sticking out of his rear end

My mind flashed to the Rev. Billy Graham instead of Superstar Billy Graham for a second there and I was thinking "no wonder his son Franklin turned out to be such an rear end in a top hat" :v:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's going to be someone you've never heard of because WWE productions are all non-union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i think you're doing fine. j/k

lol