Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Johnny Walker posted:

"Now if it were Betty Brant it'd make sense."
"What was that, Joe?"
"Nothing."

"His back to the wall!" ITS LITERALLY NOT.

Speaking of Spidey being stupid

Rocket is really smooth with his bullshit. Kinda like when I told my manager yesterday I couldn't stay an extra half hour after my shift was over (Because it was directly his loving fault the project wasn't done by then)

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
He's just sleeping in a farm upstate.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
He's... he's replying to the caption boxes. Peter, honey, do you hear voices in your head?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Payndz posted:

He's... he's replying to the caption boxes. Peter, honey, do you hear voices in your head?

I knew that Wade boy was a bad influence on Peter. He's not to stay over again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He actually hit the ground and bounced which was what jogged his memory of his webshooters in the first place!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Johnny Walker posted:

"Now if it were Betty Brant it'd make sense."
"What was that, Joe?"
"Nothing."

"If a woman lies and says I sexually harassed her, how can I prove it's not true?"

Again, this is not how this works.

"Believe women" doesn't mean "immediately condemn any man who is accused of anything by a woman ever," it means "do not dismiss an accusation right away because it comes from a woman." The woman still has to prove the accusation is true, and as we've already established, all she has is her word and some superbly flimsy evidence which wouldn't stand up to any serious scrutiny.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Payndz posted:

He's actually talking out loud. He's been doing this a lot since that time he got a concussion.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mikl posted:

"If a woman lies and says I sexually harassed her, how can I prove it's not true?"

Again, this is not how this works.

"Believe women" doesn't mean "immediately condemn any man who is accused of anything by a woman ever," it means "do not dismiss an accusation right away because it comes from a woman." The woman still has to prove the accusation is true, and as we've already established, all she has is her word and some superbly flimsy evidence which wouldn't stand up to any serious scrutiny.
Keep in mind this is from 1999. MeToo was 20 years away and sexual harassment was just coming into focus as a serious thing as opposed to having a lecherous boss being acceptable.

Maybe you should go outside, Pete.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I know Peter's a new Yorker, but five stories tall is pretty big for the purpose of using spider powers to gently caress off and go home. Or beat a crimeboss and his 2 goons like a superhero would

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is the period of nsm where he mostly fights normal dudes with no superpowers. this trend culminated in the transcendent clown-9 arc.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Cowboy mafia walked so Clown-9 could run.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rocket is so happy with how far that got :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rocket just having the best time knowing he's murdered Ronan and gotten away scott-free :allears:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Can't believe we never got the followup, Weekend at Ronan's.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Everyone loves watching Peter Parker get the poo poo kicked out of him.

It's America's pastime!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm cleaning up HDD storage from crap accumulated over the decades (christ) and found one of my favorite NSM arcs that I had saved back in the day (2008): Big-Time.

I have to check if the current website has this story available and in higher res, because these ones are tiny, but they still made me chuckle.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, Peter, just leave MJ alone with the evil air-deprived alien. I do love the drawing of him driving with a dog head on the passenger seat.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Saoshyant posted:

I'm cleaning up HDD storage from crap accumulated over the decades (christ) and found one of my favorite NSM arcs that I had saved back in the day (2008): Big-Time.

I have to check if the current website has this story available and in higher res, because these ones are tiny, but they still made me chuckle.

I remember this one very fondly and would love to revisit it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I remember making a how do i shot web edit for that middle panel.

Look it was funny in '08, alright

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tunicate posted:

I remember making a how do i shot web edit for that middle panel.

Look it was funny in '08, alright
I would probably still chuckle.

Yeah why didn't anyone think of shooting Spider-Man before now?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Here they are, the heroes of this arc

the two cops that do commentary while Peter and Rocket try and come up with something. Hope y'all enjoy the next two months

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Well, they're not gonna challenge him to a dance-off.. that poo poo only works in the movies

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Petey FiveConcussions climbed back up onto the roof of the hospital with a thwip of his web shooters. He checked his spider-sense. "drat." he hissed through his mask which was wet in the drool of the day's battle. Already the Lizard-Hulk was rampaging on the hospital roof like a Hulk-Lizard. The sky was the color of the sky. "drat." Petey thought. "The Lizard-Hulk is rampaging on the hospital roof like a Hulk-Lizard." Petey FiveConcussions climbed back up onto the roof of the hospital with a thwip of his web shooters. He checked his spider-sense ."drat." he hissed through his mask. Already the Lizard-Hulk was rampaging on the hospital roof like a Hulk-Lizard. Sky is Sky now. Thwip Thwip. SPIDER-MAN!!!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

There's three of them. It's a whole building. I think there's a place to hide somewhere.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Uh oh better not slip up and kill this guy or else he'll knife me.

Reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXNidUga5Q

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's a good thing the guys chasing Spider-Man know he's just crawling up the stairs endlessly and aren't checking to see if he's hiding in any of the rooms on any of the floors they're on.

And I mean this unironically because they too are aware that Newspaper Spider-Man is a complete moron who would never think of that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Then it turns out the roof is greased...

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Johnny Walker posted:

There's three of them. It's a whole building. I think there's a place to hide somewhere.

He could also web up a Spider-Glider and fly away scott free, but brain-damaged Peter isn't very imaginative when his life is in semi-danger

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if he cannot handle the incredible threat of three dudes with guns, he could have left the building as soon as the cowboy mafia entered and ran away on foot. that's the point, really. nsm always has lots of options but is held back by his all-consuming ineptitude. then his enemies mostly sort of defeat themselves, so in some funny way i guess he wins.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So what are all of Spidey's options?
1) Fight 3 goons; Webbing up their guns, them, etc
2) Just hide in the corner of some room until they leave.
3) Run to one of the sides of the building, get out through the window and run.
4) Get out the way he came in and just backtrack from how he got here for a speedy escape.
5) Reach the roof and wait for them to open the door; web them to the door. Run.
6) Take Horatio hostage

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"He's my son! I mean he's Peter Parker's son! I mean I'm Peter Parker! I mean I'm not Peter Parker but this is my son! His son!"

"Let me just check to make sure this is still loaded."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is like the third time he's loaded that gun.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Push El Burrito posted:

This is like the third time he's loaded that gun.
Probably one of those guys who likes to rack the slide for menacing effect (then has to scrabble about on the floor to find the ejected cartridge).

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Maybe make sure that your back alley surgery is fully healed without infections before killing the doctor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

maltesh posted:

Maybe make sure that your back alley surgery is fully healed without infections before killing the doctor.

the fact that it wasn't is a persistent problem for lombard, yeah.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

You took one swing at him and missed, what the hell do you mean "Had enough"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Johnny Walker posted:

"He's my son! I mean he's Peter Parker's son! I mean I'm Peter Parker! I mean I'm not Peter Parker but this is my son! His son!"

"Let me just check to make sure this is still loaded."
I just want to point out we're nearing the one-week anniversary of being in this stairwell.