Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Sydney will be lucky to get out of this by Christmas. Christ how is the LNP so protected. I mean, I know why. But gently caress me what a farce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Glad they've succinctly announced some sort of maybe extra payment for maybe some people on some sort of assistance payment we guess probably!

Backpats line forms on the left, thank you.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Animal Friend posted:

Palmer going international with the members for Manilla and Independent State of Croatia.

Some real political heavyweights.

the Fat oval office Party

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The Fed gov disaster payment is going to be increased, it should match jobkeeper. This only is available in fed gov declared hotspots. There might also be an increase of 200 to welfare payments in the hotspots.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Halo14 posted:

Reporter “cases really haven’t gone down with current lock down, what will change over next 4 weeks?”

Gladys “oh if we didn’t lock down there’s be way more cases”

That… doesn’t answer the question.

The question is disingenuous btw. Cases haven't really gone down is poo poo but still miles better than cases exploded, it's implying the lockdown is worthless and undermining the benefit and why it's needed. I wouldn't let that pass either but then I'd go on to answer proper.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Journo at the PM's presser: "Is Australia going to beat COVID like our Olympians?"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

freebooter posted:

Journo at the PM's presser: "Is Australia going to beat COVID like our Olympians?"

:shepicide:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Prime Minister, has Australia stopped beating it's olympians?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Eediot Jedi posted:

The question is disingenuous btw. Cases haven't really gone down is poo poo but still miles better than cases exploded, it's implying the lockdown is worthless and undermining the benefit and why it's needed. I wouldn't let that pass either but then I'd go on to answer proper.

Paraphrasing on my part with the question, he was really asking will the next 4 weeks be more of the same - 150+ daily cases. They haven’t really made enforcement of the lockdown strong enough.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Update that vaccination is now in fact a race.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

hooman posted:

Prime Minister, has Australia stopped beating it's olympians?

No, no we have not. They know what they did.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The Lone Badger posted:

No, no we have not. They know what they did.

Olympian Nathan Baggaley and brother jailed for more than 20 years over failed $200 million cocaine smuggling plot

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
What's with the persistent use of Job[blank] with this government? Jobseeker, jobkeeper, jobtrainer and now jobsaver. Is this Morrison using his lovely marketing training?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Did I imagine jobmaker. That was a thing right

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Job'sNewFamily

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
great big steaming jobbies

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

SuddenCactus posted:

What's with the persistent use of Job[blank] with this government? Jobseeker, jobkeeper, jobtrainer and now jobsaver. Is this Morrison using his lovely marketing training?

We must never forgot that our only purpose in life is to serve I mean work

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
JobShalom

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNzwKKb9jp0

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Jobjobber.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Rimjobber

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Zenithe posted:

Jobseeker
Jobsaver
Jobkeeper
Jobmaker
Jobtrainer
Jobactive

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Some people call me a job cowboy,
Some people call me the angel of jobs

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Pictured: Gladys not locking down early enough.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

SuddenCactus posted:

short answer, yes.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Job Yelkie Petersen

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Zenithe posted:

It existed but only made like 50 jobs

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

lol sydney hosed, we're never getting out of the apartment

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Starting to think Gladys ain’t got this after all

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
love to be essential

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
If only there was some way they could have predicted that their half arsed lockdown wouldn't work...If only some other state had been through this before and could be used as an example of what not to do.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Ladies and Gentlemen, the gold standard.

Guardian Au posted:

Only 60% of Sydneysiders are fully adhering to social distancing and movement restrictions, with analysis of movement data suggesting that unless compliance with rules increases, the greater Sydney lockdown will not quash the current Delta outbreak.

University of Sydney analysis has found compliance with restrictions across Sydney has increased from 40% to 60% over the last two weeks, however modelling shows compliance needs to reach 80% for restrictions to control Delta – with that figure including necessary movements of essential workers.

Once this level is achieved, it will take one month to control the outbreak, according to the University’s Centre for Complex Systems Prof Mikhail Prokopenko, Dr Sheryl Chang, Dr Oliver Cliff and Dr Cameron Zachreson.

The study also found that if even 40% of the Greater Sydney population was fully vaccinated by September, a stricter lockdown needs to continue until then to control Delta. In NSW currently only 16.9% of the population is fully vaccinated.

:itwaspoo:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
It was actually a gold leaf covered turd.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the gold standard.

:itwaspoo:

oof

I don't mean this as vector for VIC Vs NSW chat but anyone remember what compliance rates they expected from VIC to beat the original strain?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

frydenbergs remembered he's not a nsw mp

https://twitter.com/iwantmynbn/status/1420505126817595394

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

From the news category of "Why the gently caress didnt this happen years ago", Jones has been dropped by the Tele

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/29/alan-jones-column-ended-daily-telegraph-covid-anti-lockdown-commentary