Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Did he finally tell his AFib story? Nancy shared it on a recent Dumbbells so I guess he finally felt comfortable enough to put it out there
Ya, they talk about it in a "cats outta the bag" kinda way. It was a super moving story. The "Rhino, you've been drafted by the Buffalo Bills" bit made me cry laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i apparently totally zoned out for that? what was the time stamp?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

boxcarhobo posted:

i apparently totally zoned out for that? what was the time stamp?

Around 55 min, latest dumbells. It's a major mood change, but really effecting audio. Get buff arms and a lover with buff arms.

edit: your arms may be irrelevant. Find buff arms and keep them close.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 29, 2021

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The World Inferno posted:

Around 55 min, latest dumbells. It's a major mood change, but really effecting audio. Get buff arms and a lover with buff arms.

edit: your arms may be irrelevant. Find buff arms and keep them close.

Last week’s dumbbells. It’s the one that says Nancy is on it.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Speaking of Gabrus, crazy story on Action Boyz, glad Stanger made it

I am listening to the Action Boyz on i4h.....and I think I've put off subscribing to this for too long.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hAs v2 of the unofficial stitcher rss break again or is something hosed on my end

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

bump_fn posted:

hAs v2 of the unofficial stitcher rss break again or is something hosed on my end

Every few months I have to login in to their site and get the feeds again. I don't know if it's just the app I use or what but it's easy to fix. I just checked and it's still working for me right now.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
So how do I start getting into ActionBoyz? I thought I remember folks saying that you've gotta start early to get the inside jokes that build over time, but the feed I found on it has 9 episodes on it from over the course of the past year. Is like 90% of their content behind the Patreon paywall?

e: or do I start with High and Mighty...?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 2, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

So how do I start getting into ActionBoyz? I thought I remember folks saying that you've gotta start early to get the inside jokes that build over time, but the feed I found on it has 9 episodes on it from over the course of the past year. Is like 90% of their content behind the Patreon paywall?

e: or do I start with High and Mighty...?

yea most of it is on the patreon, and you can just pick movies you like or start from the top

episode lengths have ballooned during the pandemic so i'd start with the first year or two of eps on a trial basis

the free eps are pretty good for seeing if you like the format and hearing the 3 of them banter for a couple of hours

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
You don't really need to start with the High & Mighty episodes, they're good but those were pretty focused, straight-ahead movie discussions without the long tangents or bits that make ABZ so fun. The Action Boyz free feed is made up of relatively early episodes from behind the Patreon paywall. They're all solid, and pretty much every one of them has standout bits that went on to become running/inside jokes. Of those episodes, I'd say Beastmaster, Rocky III and Rapid Fire probably best represent the show; a good combo of movie talk, personal stories and the first occurrence of some of the longest-running gags (Dar the Valley Guy/Struggling Actor, Clubber Lang's awful roommate, "I'm your Dad.")

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I don't think you need to start early for the inside jokes. They're not very complicated jokes.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

I don't think you need to start early for the inside jokes. They're not very complicated jokes.

the only things i can think of that wouldn't be immediately obvious is stuff like rogers going on a run in his Bronson voice, like i doubt many people would know off the top of their heads that he's doing charles bronson , but like pedo master yoda speaks for itself

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah, a lot of the early running jokes have fallen out of the rotation at this point and only get a reprise when the associated actor comes up. Bits develop and fade organically.

The ABZ topics that will never go out of style:
- Celery juice/"Who knows?"
- Squirt
- Master Yoda/"Hmph! Too! Old!"
- Dirty Cop Gwildor
- Rodgers' active disdain for the listeners
- Stanger asking questions unrelated to the topic at hand ("Do you guys like, like...big butts in your face?")

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

watching kevin can gently caress himself and it's a lot of fun to see Sean Clements in a role like this (also i know he's a writer along with scharpling, the show is good)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Honestly though just start from the beginning. There’s not a ton of topical stuff so you might as well start from the beginning and work your way to present day. However if there are certain movies you really want to hear just jump around.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Action Boyz are still recording remote from each other. They've mostly figured out the rhythm and technical side of things, but the real reason to go back to older episodes is for the energy of them being in the same room together.

When I was getting into them I listened to a lot of episodes of movies I've seen already, and then the latest episodes where I had to watch the movie. There's still like 80 episodes/movies I haven't listened to/seen.

Here's a list of movies they've covered, including Shadow Wolves episodes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
ActionBoyz good. Thanks y'all!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I hope TFO covers this just so Carl can do his "actually it's awesome that they punched the fans" take.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1422961243900420098

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It is though!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah i am firmly behind carl's "nba players should be allowed to beat the poo poo out of people that spit on or throw things at them" take.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The clippers should be able to borrow Carl's Chinese gun and use it on the court whenever they want imo

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

cams posted:

yeah i am firmly behind carl's "nba players should be allowed to beat the poo poo out of people that spit on or throw things at them" take.

I don't really agree with the idea that an arena is a lawless zone where once someone crosses a line it's okay to just destroy them despite the massive difference in size and strength, especially, as was the case with the Malice at the Palace, when innocent bystanders got caught up in it. Obviously this isn't as extreme, but the mentality is weirdly similar to right wing gun nuts fantasizing about someone breaking into their house so they have a justification to murder them. If someone spits on or assaults a player, the appropriate punishment is for them to be charged with a crime, not to inflict bodily injury. Obviously if a player feels in danger or reflexively lashes out at someone within arm's length that's different, and I'd be inclined to be lenient to players who take it a step beyond that (and don't particularly mind if security makes the process of removal from the arena a little uncomfortable for the "fan,"), but actively encouraging athletes to inflict vigilante justice on camera seems weird to me, even if I understand the visceral appeal of it on some level.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sinteres posted:

I don't really agree with the idea that an arena is a lawless zone where once someone crosses a line it's okay to just destroy them despite the massive difference in size and strength, especially, as was the case with the Malice at the Palace, when innocent bystanders got caught up in it. Obviously this isn't as extreme, but the mentality is weirdly similar to right wing gun nuts fantasizing about someone breaking into their house so they have a justification to murder them. If someone spits on or assaults a player, the appropriate punishment is for them to be charged with a crime, not to inflict bodily injury. Obviously if a player feels in danger or reflexively lashes out at someone within arm's length that's different, and I'd be inclined to be lenient to players who take it a step beyond that (and don't particularly mind if security makes the process of removal from the arena a little uncomfortable for the "fan,"), but actively encouraging athletes to inflict vigilante justice on camera seems weird to me, even if I understand the visceral appeal of it on some level.
nah, let kyrie murder a celtics fan on tv

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Oh well obviously Celtics fans don't count.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Sinteres posted:

Wow

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Sinteres posted:

You should read this https://grantland.com/features/an-oral-history-malice-palace/

That situation was insane.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Andrew Farmer is really funny on The Neighborhood Listen this week.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Listening through the Flagrant Ones backlog and just got to the show where andy was looking at SA, andy where are you

kneisage
Jan 4, 2006

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

Listening through the Flagrant Ones backlog and just got to the show where andy was looking at SA, andy where are you

hello fellow "goons"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that is such an andy like post, woah

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Andy are you really loving to florida

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
The Grey King strikes fast

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Andy did you ever show the boys any of the posts Jeff Ullrich made about them on here?

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
lol wait what did ullrich say

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He said he could easily defeat them in a game of basketball.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
He said sorry for those Pepsi ads about ear holes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

kneisage posted:

hello fellow "goons"

Tell me something Andy... Are you tired of giving a handy, to the homeless man?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

kneisage posted:

hello fellow "goons"

:love: :love: :love: Andy, you rule and are great at your job. Love all you do for the show and your comedic presence, you're a joy.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Season 3 of Hollywood Masterclass debuts August 30th!

Time for a relisten of the first two seasons, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/flagrantonespod/status/1427298966509473792

previously on