Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i always stop and listen to all the dialogue for the new league npcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

frajaq posted:

Are you telling me people don't listen patiently to NPCs the first time or read flavor text of every unique in the game????

I'll do it next time

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

items below level 68 become utterly worthless and first time players /late league starters enter the game even further behind than everyone else

items below level 68 are already worthless. that's the problem with the acts! league mechanics are the only thing that is potentially very profitable while you are rising in the acts, and that's just because they provide raw currencies and other explicitly valuable items instead of equipment.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

This league mechanic is absurdly fiddly and unrewarding when you still have grandfathered league mechanics in the game that take way less effort. I've started skipping the expeditions altogether because I've found 0 maps and haven't gotten anything of value for my time aside from some currency. I know every league can't just have a more monster/more loot mechanic but at least Harvest was highly rewarding for the amount of time you had to spend interacting with it.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

All of the streamers are doing a Royale duos tournament right now:

it looks like GGG just did a bunch of Royale tweaks earlier today

in the last round someone got a Choir of the Storm and killed everyone with ball lightning lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Big Mad Drongo posted:

This is coward talk. You can move Brutus as much as you like.

Vaal Oversoul down, you stand by the door to wait for it to open -- boom, it knocks you back and stuns you as Brutus Kool-Aid mans through!
You blast that weird cannon thing into the Beast, ready to dive into the literal bowels of a mountain -- but before you can Brutus leap slams your rear end and it's boss battle time!
You've finally managed to down Sirius on a cobbled-together jalopy of a build, you lean down to grab the Awakener's Orb that dropped -- nope, Awakened Brutus pops out and it's time for the new final battle!

Hire me GGG

Brutus jumping out of Kitava's mouth halfway through the fight would certainly be a thing.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The league mechanic gives currency from haggle, good gear from Rog, and fractured bases from logbooks. I think it's fine on reward but it's not way ahead of the rest of the game the way some leagues have been.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

house of the dad posted:

This league mechanic is absurdly fiddly and unrewarding when you still have grandfathered league mechanics in the game that take way less effort. I've started skipping the expeditions altogether because I've found 0 maps and haven't gotten anything of value for my time aside from some currency. I know every league can't just have a more monster/more loot mechanic but at least Harvest was highly rewarding for the amount of time you had to spend interacting with it.

I have like three logbooks I haven't run yet because I don't want to lean forward in my chair enough to see the icons

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Vaal Oversoul down, you stand by the door to wait for it to open -- boom, it knocks you back and stuns you as Brutus Kool-Aid mans through!
You blast that weird cannon thing into the Beast, ready to dive into the literal bowels of a mountain -- but before you can Brutus leap slams your rear end and it's boss battle time!
You've finally managed to down Sirius on a cobbled-together jalopy of a build, you lean down to grab the Awakener's Orb that dropped -- nope, Awakened Brutus pops out and it's time for the new final battle!

Hire me GGG

:hmmyes:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

What's a "logbook"?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

hawowanlawow posted:

I have like three logbooks I haven't run yet because I don't want to lean forward in my chair enough to see the icons

you can use + on your numpad to zoom in to your map/minimap, it's a huge help for logbook expeditions

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Red Red Blue posted:

you don't have to start at level 68 or some poo poo there's literally an endless dungeon already in the game, have that start at level 1 and let us use it to level. give the bandit choice and the quest passive points at certain milestones roughly equivalent to where you'd get them playing through the campaign. if you're scared about 1-68 delve being too rewarding for some reason make it drop less stuff

Engagement idea: make the fossils that drop from this "Pre-A10" delve have similar power level to Harvest crafts so I can have some fun gear acquisition too while I level. Make them phase out at ilvl 60 or w/e to keep the determinism outta endgame

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Hire me GGG

GGG make Brutus the first boss that can gently caress you up in your own hideout

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Craft gear with currency when levelling

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Making a in-browser script to solve this problem

Situation: I am trying to find GCs and I want to pay chaos
Problem: No one ever responds.
Answer:

Before

After

Result: Significant reduction in messaging AND probability of an answer rate goes up significantly.

for people that don't use trade a lot: messaging non-english speaking players gets you what you want faster. You will pay slightly more, but you will save much more time

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
A big part of why the campaign sucks rear end is because not all gems are available from the start. This is one of the things that made endless delve actually fun.

For a ton of builds, you're not actually building much of anything during the campaign. You're just trying to get through it as quickly as possible so that you can actually start using your actual skills and playing your actual build.

This is why slowing down the campaign even more feels like utter poo poo, it's just that much more time *not* playing the build and content that I'm here to play.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Engagement idea: make the fossils that drop from this "Pre-A10" delve have similar power level to Harvest crafts so I can have some fun gear acquisition too while I level. Make them phase out at ilvl 60 or w/e to keep the determinism outta endgame

GGG make Brutus the first boss that can gently caress you up in your own hideout

Add majima to the game and scatter traffic cones and bars across all of wraeclast

Also just a run randomizer that leaves Kitava in place but randomizes what spawns where would be more fun than the exact same thing every time. Malachai looking very confused as he’s yelling at you in the prison and as you walk past him dominus steps out to fight you at level 12

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

This is not quite that simple. This exact solution is something I've gone back and forth on myself, but I think I reject it since there are econ consequences. How extreme are those cases? I'm unsure, but it's some non-zero effect.

The more important question is would it make 40% of the player base drop out? And the real answer is if ggg wants to run some experiments then let’s really run some experiments.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I have no idea what they'll do with the campaign, but one thing they could do is look at design systems for games where the beginning is played over and over - roguelikes.

You could randomly drop things akin to Hades Boons that would modify skills - think some kind of strange keystone that you could equip somehow. I know they wanted Delerium jewels to fulfill this to an extent, but I'm talking something a little more random, and encountered early enough that it might totally blow your build plan out of the water. Perhaps once you got to maps, you could put them in the map device to enhance them in some way, committing to new build, or they can be fated somehow with a prophecy for a more endgame version.

More roguelike stuff, mix up the acts. Hey, what's this outside of the Sarn Encampment? It's 5 Delve nodes! And after that, a level 38 legion 5 way. And after that, it's the loving Docks! Basically use the system they have for Zana missions to give you your next zones and keep mixing it up. I guess this is kind of Adventure mode but I still envision it as more linear.

You could also have a shadow version of your previous character run through the zones and essentially turn leveling alts into little time trials where you're chasing yourself.

You could make it so completing an Alt lets you unlock something that might be useful but not required to your endgame characters - like a pantheon bonus (you could also still do it the normal way).

Hard to reconcile this stuff with botting I guess.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Hell, I remember paying for a merciless vaal kill in what had to be Onslaught league because I had died the last time I did it.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

EVIL Gibson posted:

Situation: I am trying to find GCs and I want to pay chaos
Problem: No one ever responds.

A lot of the time you can just list your chaos for sale for what you want and let people sell to you.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Magus42 posted:

A lot of the time you can just list your chaos for sale for what you want and let people sell to you.

Yeah if you have a currency tab you should never be the buyer in currency trades

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
"ggg should give us paid character boosts" is the dumbest loving argument I've ever seen in this thread I poo poo you not.

I mean christ I already come in here expecting to see something dumb but holy poo poo

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Magus42 posted:

Papercut posted:

Yeah if you have a currency tab you should never be the buyer in currency trades

This is step one. The bulk exchange is easier to script because it's so simple. Used mainly to see how tampermonkey works.

This was a learning experience so I can apply it to step 2: the main trade search.

Now I don't have to message millions of people for a dumb unique.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

InventorOfTrees posted:

"ggg should give us paid character boosts" is the dumbest loving argument I've ever seen in this thread I poo poo you not.

I mean christ I already come in here expecting to see something dumb but holy poo poo

Agreed. They should be gated behind Hillock who, upon slaying, drops an Awakened Book of Skill that’s just a big picture of me flipping the bird to Kitava

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Agreed. They should be gated behind Hillock who, upon slaying, drops an Awakened Book of Skill that’s just a big picture of me flipping the bird to Kitava

This would be a good Div Card art, and you can use the book to instantly level up their character to 68, but they have -100 all resistances.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

InventorOfTrees posted:

I'm on board with endless delve or baby's first mapping as a way to bypass the campaign but gently caress the entire idea of paid boosts.

Stash tabs should be the only thing close to p2w imo.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Deki posted:

I'm on board with endless delve or baby's first mapping as a way to bypass the campaign but gently caress the entire idea of paid boosts.

Stash tabs should be the only thing close to p2w imo.

I actually leveled entirely through heists in Heist league. Sucks that you still have to go back and do all the skill point bullshit regardless, though.

Really wouldn't be too hard or detrimental for them to just let you give an npc 20 regret orbs at lvl 68 or whatever to immediately complete the campaign if you're already at that level on your 2nd+ run. That alone would immediately open up Heist and Delve leveling and I think a lot of people would like that. (they're both even pretty rewarding at low levels).

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

EVIL Gibson posted:

This is step one. The bulk exchange is easier to script because it's so simple. Used mainly to see how tampermonkey works.

This was a learning experience so I can apply it to step 2: the main trade search.

Now I don't have to message millions of people for a dumb unique.

get poelurker so you just click the 'whisper' button and it sends the pm in game. you just mash the top ten buttons on the page and whoever sends a party request first gets the sale

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
also it is mega stupid that it literally takes 3+ addons to make trade even close to functional

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I’ve run one logbook so far and it was the most fun I’ve had in a league mechanic in a long time

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
PoE 2 request that will never happen: Weak Auras.

I'm seriously considering building some software to parse buffs, debuffs, and flask state and then provide some way to hook up audio queues and draw poo poo based on state. Blah blah PoE's UI bad Blah blah.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

I’ve run one logbook so far and it was the most fun I’ve had in a league mechanic in a long time

I've had 4 total and I'm almost level 90.
I really enjoyed them but they are too rare.
I hate when the fun thing is balanced around trading for them.

I just want to log in and have some fun for 30m and log out. Seems impossible this league

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Just hit 88 and still zero logbooks.
Guess ill just play something else for a week and see if the fixed something until then.

At the moment, its simply not fun at all, only frustrating and everytime i log off i feel like i just wasted time.
Maybe it gets better in a week or two.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
They can make the campaign faster without sacrificing content or gameplay speed, just make zones smaller.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

McFrugal posted:

They can make the campaign faster without sacrificing content or gameplay speed, just make zones smaller.

they have, and do, generally without telling anybody that they did it. i haven't played since heist and several of the zones seemed noticeably more compact this time through the acts

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
Didn't they cut like 1/3 of the zones in the game out at one point lol

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Guess ill just play something else for a week and see if the fixed something until then.

At the moment, its simply not fun at all, only frustrating and everytime i log off i feel like i just wasted time.

Agreed, Play something you find fun instead

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

InventorOfTrees posted:

Didn't they cut like 1/3 of the zones in the game out at one point lol

folks these days never gonna appreciate what it felt like to enter level 3 of Lunaris temple

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

PoE 2 request that will never happen: Weak Auras.

I'm seriously considering building some software to parse buffs, debuffs, and flask state and then provide some way to hook up audio queues and draw poo poo based on state. Blah blah PoE's UI bad Blah blah.

I've been doing a shattering steel build and I absolutely need a "Reload NOW" weakaura :(

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I want a weakaura that just grunts at me when I need to grunt, then maybe some voice recognition software could accept my own grunt as input

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I got exactly one logbook and it was at level 64
Taking a break for now until further patches, Mjolner Manabond Hiero turned out particularly squishy, havent capped lighting res yet and I am already out of chaos.
Manabond itself seems pretty meh, even with Manastorm reliably emptying the mana on Arcane Cloak.