Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

What really breaks my brain is that if the Parkland Shooting were a false flag attack to justify grabbing all our guns and implementing full communism, the simplest and most correct strategy would be to recruit only the shooter into the plot and have him do a real shooting.

Or not bother at all and just wait five minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

its always projection, and we dont even have a present example, we have a past example with all the local news stations that regressive poo poo hole comapny Sinclair bought say the same stuff.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm going out fighting. My b-hole is for the use of myself, my wife, and the sex workers that I contract. No one else.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Twelve by Pies posted:

I would rather not get to know my neighbors flying a TRUMP 2024 flag with a sign that says "COME AND TAKE THEM" since that would require me to either pretend I am a right winger like them, or be open about my political beliefs and mark myself as an enemy to them.

It would be kind of funny if you just came and took them.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bird with big dick posted:

I'm going out fighting. My b-hole is for the use of myself, my wife, and the sex workers that I contract. No one else.

Get your prostate checked, it's like the free square in BINGO

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

What really breaks my brain is that if the Parkland Shooting were a false flag attack to justify grabbing all our guns and implementing full communism, the simplest and most correct strategy would be to recruit only the shooter into the plot and have him do a real shooting. There's no need to build fake bodies and hire hundreds of kids as crisis actors including my own son and have to worry about all those kids talking.

You don't even have to actively recruit the shooter, you can just program him with MKULTRA techniques like they did Charles Manson, Sirhan Sirhan, Jack Ruby, etc

These moronic Qultists don't even think their conspiracy theories through.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kurzon posted:

It's a bad idea because violence has been shown to promote authoritarian thinking in people. This is why the civil rights leaders were so insistent on peaceful protest.

Kurzon posted:

Ethnocentrism is a natural human behavior that appears in all cultures everywhere. That means it has a biological basis.

whatever this loving gimmick is: Stop. Please

I can only take so much Concern Trolling

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 30, 2021

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How are u posted:

The poster said "apocalypse rape gangs", not "regime I disagree with". I take that to mean a complete and total collapse of society on every level. I'm not interested in living that life.

Just join Starfleet, you get away from the rape gangs, and if you go into security it's pretty much suicide anyway

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

Yeah I don't care for this.

As far as my personal opinion, I believe that people like you and right-wring militia nutjobs should equally be disbarred from owning weapons. There's nothing right or healthy or beneficial about this type of "I'm preparing to murder my enemies" line of thought in society.

The goal should be to disarm everybody, IMO.

What a pathetic mealy mouthed opinion. It’s no good being idealistic about this. It’s happening. The fascists are getting ready to kill people. Your choices will be fight, collude or die.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Regarde Aduck posted:

What a pathetic mealy mouthed opinion. It’s no good being idealistic about this. It’s happening. The fascists are getting ready to kill people. Your choices will be fight, collude or die.
Don't be a loving nitwit. If the "fascists" kill people, the cops will go after them. We're facing terrorism, not a civil war.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

whatever this loving gimmick is: Stop. Please

I can only take so much Concern Trolling

It's not. This is a passage from Bob Altemeyer's book on right-wing authoritarianism:

quote:

Before leaving this topic, we should also realize that fear can increase submission as well as aggression. This was illustrated by a series of studies in which I asked people to answer the RWA scale while imagining their country was undergoing some internal crisis. A violent left-wing threat featuring a general strike and urban guerrilla warfare understandably caused RWA scale scores to soar. But so also did violent right-wing threats, such as a military-aided coup in the halls of power, or “brownshirt” violence in the streets. Most people seem spring-loaded to become more right-wing authoritarian during crises. The only situation I found in which a crisis lowered RWA scores involved a repressive government that assaulted nonviolent protestors (which I have termed “the Gandhi trap”). Otherwise, when there’s trouble, people generally look to the authorities to fix things. And some authorities will gladly amass greater power in times of peril, whether they have any intention of fixing the problem or not.

I seriously can't believe some goons here are suggesting vigilante resistance against right-wingers.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Kurzon posted:

I seriously can't believe some goons here are suggesting vigilante resistance against right-wingers.
For real, provoking this sort of response is exactly the stated intent of groups like The Boogaloo Boys.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kurzon posted:

Don't be a loving nitwit. If the "fascists" kill people, the cops will go after them.

I wish I had your optimism about the cops going after their own members.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kurzon posted:

Don't be a loving nitwit. If the "fascists" kill people, the cops will go after them. We're facing terrorism, not a civil war.

I have some news for you about the police.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kurzon posted:

What the gently caress

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

Modern day fascists are basically as incompetent as they are bloated and corrupt, as exemplified by, well, everything over the past 5 years. Why is your impulse to murder hypothetical morons who'd probs end up killing themselves anyway instead of, say, going out into your community to find people who might have slight authoritarian leanings to just better know your enemy in the hopes that you can unite them against the common enemy you both share, but without that as the intended goal? Even if you think that idea is lame, you still want to choose to react against the idea of a baby in an adult body killing the idea of you, not you yourself, and this makes sense to you? These people do not need to hold power over you unless you let them.

Unless there are armed militias of right wingers in the streets, you have no idea what anybody's intentions are, or what they want to do. That can only be reserved for people who have power over you, which is not happening on a systemic level rn. Why continue to give yourself that fear?

veepfake fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 30, 2021

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I have no interest in gunchat but to your point about somehow convincing chuds to unite against a common enemy: I do not know how to teach someone a fundamental level of human decency that they should've already learned by now. This may be a failing on my part but I don't know how I would possibly do it. Don't get me wrong, I have tried to explain stuff like "suffering that isn't yours is also bad" and "empathy" but it's been very difficult.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I have some news for you about the police.
No, I'm not going to join your stupid circlejerk. Yeah, some cops are corrupt and racist, but most of them are earnest enough that we can expect law enforcement to deal with terrorists with enough public outcry. Haven't you heard of all the Capitol rioters getting arrested? It's enough that Ben Garrison is whining about it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

veepfake posted:

Modern day fascists are basically as incompetent as they are bloated and corrupt, as exemplified by, well, everything over the past 5 years.

Whew, that's a relief. I was worried we'd have to continue protesting police violence but now that I know they're too incompetent to murder minorities we can all relax.

e:

Kurzon posted:

Yeah, some cops are corrupt and racist, but most of them are earnest enough that we can expect law enforcement to deal with terrorists with enough public outcry.

lol holy loving poo poo, "It's just a few bad apples!" It's like the last four years didn't even happen to this guy.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 30, 2021

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I have no interest in gunchat but to your point about somehow convincing chuds to unite against a common enemy: I do not know how to teach someone a fundamental level of human decency that they should've already learned by now. This may be a failing on my part but I don't know how I would possibly do it. Don't get me wrong, I have tried to explain stuff like "suffering that isn't yours is also bad" and "empathy" but it's been very difficult.

Yeah I'm not sure persuasion would be the expected outcome as opposed to just giving them an idea and letting that interaction go where it goes, even if that means ending it. I am not sure an organized fascist uprising is in our reality though, and it alarms me to see people act like it is an eventuality

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

Whew, that's a relief. I was worried we'd have to continue protesting police violence but now that I know they're too incompetent to murder minorities we can all relax.

I thought we were talking about killing right wingers who don't have power over us, not state sponsored violence. Do you think the state can effectively organize something like that?

veepfake fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 30, 2021

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kurzon posted:

No, I'm not going to join your stupid circlejerk. Yeah, some cops are corrupt and racist, but most of them are earnest enough that we can expect law enforcement to deal with terrorists with enough public outcry. Haven't you heard of all the Capitol rioters getting arrested? It's enough that Ben Garrison is whining about it.

This is stunningly naive or you're trolling. Garrison whining about anything is not even a bar to clear.

veepfake posted:

Yeah I'm not sure persuasion would be the expected outcome as opposed to just giving them an idea and letting that interaction go where it goes, even if that means ending it. I am not sure an organized fascist uprising is in our reality though, and it alarms me to see people act like it is an eventuality

The literature on this is pretty clear man. It's happening, and it doesn't happen in a binary where one day it's not there and the next day it is. Again, stunningly naive. From Sinclair Lewis to Hannah Arendt and countless first-hand accounts from people who lived the experience of watching their society transform into a fascist state, it's happening.

Kurzon posted:

I have been paying attention these past four years. Where do you get the idea that the MAGAheads have captured all law enforcement?

this is bad posting.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 30, 2021

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Twelve by Pies posted:

e:

lol holy loving poo poo, "It's just a few bad apples!" It's like the last four years didn't even happen to this guy.
I have been paying attention these past four years. Where do you get the idea that the MAGAheads have captured all law enforcement?

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This is stunningly naive or you're trolling. Garrison whining about anything is not even a bar to clear.

The literature on this is pretty clear man. It's happening, and it doesn't happen in a binary where one day it's not there and the next day it is. Again, stunningly naive. From Sinclair Lewis to Hannah Arendt and countless first-hand accounts from people who lived the experience of watching their society transform into a fascist state, it's happening.

I don't doubt we're sliding into a kind of fascism, that is why I think we should reserve this kind of anger to the people who have power of us who are allowing to happen rather than our peers who are falling for it

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Unlike Weimar Germany, America is a mature democracy and mature democracies are more robust than you think.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

veepfake posted:

I thought we were talking about killing right wingers who don't have power over us, not state sponsored violence.

I'm not sure anymore.

When I think about my leftist friends who own guns, they don't generally carry when they're out in town. They might if they're going to a specific protest/counter protest where they think violence might happen, but they don't take part in the dick-waving open carrying assault rifles and looking tacticool like right wing gun nuts. They don't think they're going to be the hero and the Good Guy With a Gun if a mass shooting happens and they will stop it, or have any fantasies about shooting a guy robbing a 7-11. But I feel like maybe some people in this thread do think that leftist gun owners are exactly like that, just carrying guns with them all the time because they want to shoot a fascist and be a hero.

I don't own any guns, I never really felt the need to own one myself and I hate shooting (I had to shoot 9mm to stand SSDF when I was in the shipyards and I hated it, just the act of shooting a gun felt awful), but if poo poo like Charlottesville happens again and people are marching down the street shouting about how Jews will not replace them and they decide they want to bust down windows, I'm glad I have leftist buddies who own guns and are willing to use those guns to protect me from those guys. Not in a "I'm gonna go Rambo and jump out and mow all those guys down" way but in a "Get the gently caress away from this house right now" way.

I mean yeah, it would be nice to have less guns in the world. I'm all for full disarmament of everyone (especially cops) and if I had a button I could press that would make all guns disappear immediately I'd hit that sucker in a second. But as long as there are people who are a threat to me and other people who are even more vulnerable, I think it's probably a good thing to not be completely helpless.

quote:

Do you think the state would organize something like that?

Yes, because it's already happened. I classify the violence committed against BLM protesters by the police as state sponsored violence, because the police are part of the state. There's been other state sponsored violence historically too, such as the violence against civil rights protesters, as well as things like the Kent State shooting where the National Guard murdered college students and injured others.

Kurzon posted:

By watching or reading literally anything regarding police violence in my life.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm not sure anymore.

When I think about my leftist friends who own guns, they don't generally carry when they're out in town. They might if they're going to a specific protest/counter protest where they think violence might happen, but they don't take part in the dick-waving open carrying assault rifles and looking tacticool like right wing gun nuts. They don't think they're going to be the hero and the Good Guy With a Gun if a mass shooting happens and they will stop it, or have any fantasies about shooting a guy robbing a 7-11. But I feel like maybe some people in this thread do think that leftist gun owners are exactly like that, just carrying guns with them all the time because they want to shoot a fascist and be a hero.

I don't own any guns, I never really felt the need to own one myself and I hate shooting (I had to shoot 9mm to stand SSDF when I was in the shipyards and I hated it, just the act of shooting a gun felt awful), but if poo poo like Charlottesville happens again and people are marching down the street shouting about how Jews will not replace them and they decide they want to bust down windows, I'm glad I have leftist buddies who own guns and are willing to use those guns to protect me from those guys. Not in a "I'm gonna go Rambo and jump out and mow all those guys down" way but in a "Get the gently caress away from this house right now" way.

I mean yeah, it would be nice to have less guns in the world. I'm all for full disarmament of everyone (especially cops) and if I had a button I could press that would make all guns disappear immediately I'd hit that sucker in a second. But as long as there are people who are a threat to me and other people who are even more vulnerable, I think it's probably a good thing to not be completely helpless.

That is good food for thought, I think gun ownership in that context absolutely makes sense.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yes, because it's already happened. I classify the violence committed against BLM protesters by the police as state sponsored violence, because the police are part of the state. There's been other state sponsored violence historically too, such as the violence against civil rights protesters, as well as things like the Kent State shooting where the National Guard murdered college students and injured others.

I think so too.

The way that organization appears to me anyway seems to be individuals perpetuating violence against citizens, which is all tolerated indirectly by the institution as a whole, either through incompetence or, perhaps, malice, as opposed to the institution directly instructing the individuals. But I am not sure how far a movement like that can go politically here since generally insane individuals have their own insane individual self-interests (it could go far if the tolerance for that doesn't break, but this is America) -- or to the degree that those individuals directly follow what they've seen their higher-ups do (that could be extremely prevalent, or it could be a v racist few following other racist individuals w positions of authority, idk tbh) -- but in a weird, somewhat surface-level way, I hope it is laziness and incompetence driving this bullshit and not some kind of well-thought plan, and I choose to hold onto that.

But regardless, the power police organizations, for example, receive and how they choose to give it away w little to no oversight is extremely imbalanced and only allows these stagnant problems to intensify.

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007

quote:

It’s happening. The fascists are getting ready to kill people. Your choices will be fight, collude or die.

quote:

The literature on this is pretty clear man. It's happening

The sociopolitical temperature is way down from where it was a year ago, two years ago. Please lets not try to radicalize posters in the QAnon watch thread just because there's not enough QAnon news (because QAnon is in its death throes).

e: bring back Trazz and atheism chat

indiscriminately fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 30, 2021

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Kurzon posted:

I have been not paying attention these past four years. Where do you get the idea that the MAGAheads have captured all law enforcement?

By paying attention. hth

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
You need only look at Regarde Aduck's rap sheet to know that he is a jerk.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The cops will protect us from the fascists guys.

Just like the police protected civil rights demonstrators, anti war demonstrators, anti pipeline demonstrators.

See if this was china, the police could kill you for anything. But in America our systems are too strong to let that happen.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
But you will also find reports in the news of police officers arresting white supremacists, and even busting corrupt cops. It's not universal. Law enforcement can be pulled to the cause of liberalism if the public exerts enough political pressure on policymakers.

Jesus loving Christ. A thing I hate about conservatives is that they have a distorted view of reality. Don't be like them.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kurzon posted:

But you will also find reports in the news of police officers arresting white supremacists, and even busting corrupt cops. It's not universal. Law enforcement can be pulled to the cause of liberalism if the public exerts enough political pressure on policymakers.

Jesus loving Christ. A thing I hate about conservatives is that they have a distorted view of reality. Don't be like them.

Can you cite some of these? I want to see which FBI informants get arrested then immediately are freed or time served. Because I assume you stoped paying attention after the initial "arrest"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You are precious. SOMETIMES cops do the job they are paid for! QED!

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Right now there are Capitol police officers testifying before Congress against the MAGA rioters, enduring death threats for having the temerity to do so.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This bit is getting tedious.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1421137146761601024

So TRUMP just kinda confirming he gets his own info from online conspiracy nuts?

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

Kurzon posted:

Unlike Weimar Germany, America is a mature democracy and mature democracies are more robust than you think.

Yeah, Weimar Germany had to deal with recent humiliating war losses, horrible recessions, and the aftermath of a deadly pandemic.

Good thing we’ve got nothing in common with them!

Biden is just now considering mandating that federal employees be vaccinated. The only reason that is not already in place is because of the rage of a collection of dipshits who have staked out an insane position because they have decided it is a loyalty test on behalf an insane demagogue. There’s absolutely no sensible reason that we don’t already have vaccine mandates and more serious restrictions, but the government is weak and fractured and is incapable of actually governing and keeping people safe. They’re afraid to even tell people to do the right thing, because of the utterly insane backlash they get for doing anything.

Telling people you’re planning to kill your republican neighbors is premature, and bad, and a great way to get the FBIs attention. But I understand why people are freaking out, because I don’t see how this is going to get better before it gets worse. I have no idea what the gently caress id be doing in Biden’s shoes to fix all this and I don’t know that he’s up to the task. The whole reason this discussion crops up in the Qanon thread is because a huge portion of American adults have decided to double down continuously, and when you are utterly wrong on all counts the only path forward is to sink into insane conspiracy theories and support insane politicians. Qanon and election trutherism are existential threats to the US as we know it. I know people personally who have gotten into this poo poo in spite of all the good advice in the world not to, and absolutely no specific reason for them to believe this dumbass poo poo, and dismissing people’s fear is probably not going to work. I was in denial in 2016, I’m not eager to be disappointed again. Hopefully trump has a heart attack or something soon and this peters out, but idk what else will happen. I think the situation worse than most people understand, just like Qanon and election cheating claims were hilarious back in 2018 and are now a huge problem.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I wish I had your optimism about the cops going after their own members.

Hey cop on cop violence happens. Just turn on the 1/6 hearings to hear cops testify about being beat up by their off-duty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
You start a civil war and there is no guarantee that you will win it.