Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

System Metternich posted:

Check out this QCS thread where the OP is calling for mod heads to roll because years ago some posters who haven't been mods in a long time did something he disapproved of, citing discord screenshots from 2018 as their smoking gun. It also features a parallel saga where a poster calls for their 100,000 hour probe to be lifted, and when others note that their account doesn't seem to be probated they respond with "yes, but my other account is", earning them an instant ban :v:

QCS ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Boba Pearl posted:

Honestly, Jeffrey is maybe one of the nicest well put together dudes I have ever spoken too. Like just a genuinely reasonable person who is at least able to feign an interest in your life. People say they never get him to respond, but I've always been able to message him on discord or the forums and just chat about my day or whatever. I am going to side with Jeff 99% of the time, just because he seems like a legitimately well meaning person.

I do think he needs an executive assistant and a community manager though.

I am so grateful Jeffrey bought the forums!!!!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Jeff's a good dude and I want to play him in Guilty Gear

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

iono, I'd be mad if my boss did that to me, too

In the QCS thread Kith posted, they posted a screenshot of the PM in which Jeffrey said he wanted to do the project himself. For some reason Kith literally didn't understand what JoY said. Maybe it was nonstandard language, I forgot. I'm not trying to put anybody down, I think it was a misunderstanding.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

looking at the Blizzwatch thread over the past few days since the controversy began, it seems clear it's a little fiefdom for that IK. between that and the QCS thread, I sure wouldn't give buttons to them but maybe it's funnier this way

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Charles posted:

In the QCS thread Kith posted, they posted a screenshot of the PM in which Jeffrey said he wanted to do the project himself. For some reason Kith literally didn't understand what JoY said. Maybe it was nonstandard language, I forgot. I'm not trying to put anybody down, I think it was a misunderstanding.

quote:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS wrote on Jun 2, 2021 3:19 AM:
Sorry to disappear - I think I would like to have a go at writing this myself, use more of my own voice. Would you be willing to help edit such a document if I sent you what I write? I don't mean to shut down your plan, I just know I'm going to want it to, to some degree, sound like me.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
For a while people were getting real weird about discord. It was either 100% doxxing instant ban or arguing that discord counted as SA posts.

Still not as insane as the users who wanted mods to police the d&d discord after someone bragged how many people he had on ignors.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Charles posted:

drat i hope Jeffrey made him whole.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Sounds like Kith is already a hole, honestly.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
If your volunteer forum janitor job of One Thread is causing you that much distress you should probably stop

Also that thread is full of freaks

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Regarde Aduck posted:

didn't one of slashies alts post in this thread the other day? It might have been another thread in PYF. They just said 'btw i'm slashie' at the end and I thought it was weird but i assumed they weren't permabanned anymore and also i am not a snitch!

Unless it happened twice, that was someone identifying themselves as Slashie to me, since they went by Slashie on a completely unrelated IRC Discord literally half a decade ago and that's the name I'd have known them by. :v: And as far as I know the two Slashies are completely unrelated, just a super weird coincidence.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

She is slashie. I felt certain of this as a regular user but now that I'm an admin I have logs that confirm it. Sure, she *could* have transferred the account to someone else with an identically over-the-top abrasiveness to them but I'm gonna draw the simplest conclusion here.

Seriously? I really thought that was just a misunderstanding/conspiracy theory. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding how they presented themselves, but I'm p. sure that means one of the loudest posters about racism in the administration of this site/DnD, etc was a white lady doing the full Dolezal?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

Jeff's a good dude and I want to play him in Guilty Gear

there's still these troubling rumours floating around about him running an illegal dogfighting ring, though, and that this is the true source of his millions

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Bullshit, dogs can't play Guilty Gear.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
If Tiny Brontosaurus is going to come back under a different name, I'd like her to post in the Interior Decor thread again. She was always really good about encouraging people to share their projects and do interesting things. As much as I love Youth Decay's "Zillow Search Term Of The Day" posts (seriously, the curation is top notch), they do tend to push the thread in a certain direction and there's a lot less posting of posters' personal spaces these days. I miss it.

And, of course, she gave us this in the bEatmstrJ bathroom thread:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

CPColin posted:

TB isn't Slashie

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

She is slashie.

:thurman:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Slashie season!!

Tiny Brontosaurus season!!

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

If Tiny Brontosaurus is going to come back under a different name, I'd like her to post in the Interior Decor thread again. She was always really good about encouraging people to share their projects and do interesting things. As much as I love Youth Decay's "Zillow Search Term Of The Day" posts (seriously, the curation is top notch), they do tend to push the thread in a certain direction and there's a lot less posting of posters' personal spaces these days. I miss it.

And, of course, she gave us this in the bEatmstrJ bathroom thread:

Counterpoint Re:Tiny Brontosaurus

TB/Slashie is a piece of poo poo and can stay forever gone.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

Slashie season!!

Tiny Brontosaurus season!!

It's fiddler crab season! Shoot me! Shoot me! I'm a fiddler crab!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Doomtrain posted:

ok, fair, but I still liked her taste in interior design

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Thread title

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

New thread title please.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Seriously? I really thought that was just a misunderstanding/conspiracy theory. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding how they presented themselves, but I'm p. sure that means one of the loudest posters about racism in the administration of this site/DnD, etc was a white lady doing the full Dolezal?

It does mean that, yes. She’s one of the most unhinged people to have ever posted here, it’s a real accomplishment.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's always nice when a non-tragic forums saga gets recapped by one of those professional internet historian youtubers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G66PZp0Hh5o
I wonder if new people ever register after watching videos like that. Jeffrey, can you check if this video made you any money?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I'm still waiting to find out who Gurf was.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

MarcusSA posted:

Really no he shouldn’t have.

Sharing a PM where someone tells you to gently caress off and then thread banning them is pretty bad form. There was literally one reason for it besides making it all about the IK.

I’m gonna have to go back and look but I don’t even think that person was probated in that thread before that.

There was no reason to make a whole post about (well two actually with two different PMs).

The person who was threadbanned was permad years ago for doxxing their posting enemy in one of the path of exile threads. Not sure if it got overturned, but it’s hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

funmanguy posted:

The person who was threadbanned was permad years ago for doxxing their posting enemy in one of the path of exile threads. Not sure if it got overturned, but it’s hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I didn’t see that in their rap sheet :shrug:

Kinda weird if it got over turned.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MarcusSA posted:

I didn’t see that in their rap sheet :shrug:

Kinda weird if it got over turned.

Yeah I don't believe that's correct, there is no perma on them or any alt that I can see.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

StratGoatCom posted:

I'm still waiting to find out who Gurf was.

Turn off your monitor?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We're all Gurf.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

gotta separate the art from the artist

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

lmao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Charles posted:

All I know is that I want the guy who is very public about his inability to read and comprehend a simple sentence in English language to become the "community manager" (lol, lmao) and be in charge of rewriting all the rules.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
What's the deal with Seraph? Why is this guy wasting so much money? I'm vaguely aware that it has to do with bitcoin.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Doomtrain posted:

Jesus Christ

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

packetmantis posted:

What's the deal with Seraph? Why is this guy wasting so much money? I'm vaguely aware that it has to do with bitcoin.

Untreated mental illness, just like every other forums story.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

packetmantis posted:

Jeff spent his bitcoin millions buying the forums so Seraph is doing the next best thing with his bitcoin millions.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

packetmantis posted:

From what I understand, he made a couple hundred thousand in Bitcoin and decided that made him posting royalty. He’s extremely opinionated about NFT and eventually earned a permaban - I forget for what exactly but it probably had to do with being obnoxious about Bitcoin. To show how much he “didn’t care”, about his perma, he did/still does a Dare routine where he shows up and starts posting and if he isn’t outed immediately, he eventually outs himself in short order (his QCS thread was pretty funny).

Someone else closer to the NFT thread can probably fill in the blanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Frank Frank posted:

eventually earned a permaban - I forget for what exactly but it probably had to do with being obnoxious about Bitcoin.

It was the yang of libertarianism that did Serpah in if I recall - wanting to engage in debates about the age of consent.