Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
For the dynasty league people, how many total players do you have on rosters? I am doing a start up league and am currently thinking the following for 12 team:

1 QB, 1 SFLX, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 FLX
7 bench slots
4 taxi squad slots

20 total (potential) players rostered = 240 players out of the pool.

Generally speaking, I feel like you should have a slightly larger roster in dynasty, but I don’t want it to be ridiculous. There have also been some concerns raised over the quality of players that would be available on the waiver wire…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm just finishing up a startup draft where we will roster 25 players plus 5 taxi squad. I think the logic and expectation is that you can trade future picks and/or players if you end up with a hole on your roster and instead of constantly picking players off of the waiver wire you have to plan ahead and draft. I'm not sure how much I'm going to like it but I'm excited to try.... until I get wrecked by a few injuries or sudden retirements or something and have a barren roster for the next 5 years.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I find that the sweet spot for dynasty is bench = 1.5 x starting roster, with taxi squad not being counted as part of the bench. The two dynasty leagues I commish have 10 starting spots and 15 bench spots with taxi squads of 4 and 6 spots (latter started as 4 and voted to increase after year 1).

I wouldn't worry about the waiver wire being thin. There will be the occasional gem but you shouldn't expect to be picking up usable players on a regular basis like if you were streaming QBs in redraft. Helps encourage trading.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
We have a few open teams for the Chubbs and Johnsons Dynasty League.

The open teams are:
1. Andrew Luck Retirement Center
2. Team PUP List
3. :3
4. Piss Tape is Real

League is 0.5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST with 24 man rosters and 16 keepers per year.

Check out the Season 9 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937060

Post if you have any interest in joining up.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Well this is a potentially interesting development for JK Dobbins.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1420092653887229955?s=20

Edwards having a 10 day isolation period means he isn't vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1420033505812156428?s=20

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I just re-upped the Goon Money League for 2021. It is a 12 teamer with 0.5 PPR and a $25 buy-in. We always have 1-2 teams turnover year over year, so if you're looking for another league, jump on our waitlist!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974772

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Tiptoes posted:

Well this is a potentially interesting development for JK Dobbins.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1420092653887229955?s=20

Edwards having a 10 day isolation period means he isn't vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1420033505812156428?s=20

He can be vaccinated and still catch the rona. Just look at Reich @ Indy

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

He can be vaccinated and still catch the rona. Just look at Reich @ Indy
Vaccinated players are not forced to spend 10 days away from the team. Like Jourdan Rodrigue reported, a vaccinated player who tests positive only needs to do daily tests until they test negative twice.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Good, glad we can count on Dobbins to be the bellcow for the next 10 days

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Or you can recall that COVID effects can linger for even top athletes. Edwards could easily have stamina issues for the next few months after this because his dumb rear end did not get the vaccination.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Dobbins owns and was going to own even with Gus healthy imo, but if Gus does have lingering issues, I suspect Baltimore will just bring in another vet

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You guys

Hopefully I caught you before your drafts

Darwin Thompson has Covid

Sorry if you drafted him too high

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I will never forgive you kiimo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cool here's another nugget that will gently caress everyone up

The Chiefs' draft pick Cornell Powell is a dark horse candidate to replace Sammy Watkins and I know someone mentioned him earlier.

Well so far in camp he's running with the 3s and dropping passes and another guy popped up out of nowhere and is running with the 1s.

Antonio Calaway. Some might remember he was a Florida WR who is fast (4.4 speed) and also quick and extremely athletic. He would have been a high draft pick, no pun intended, if he couldn't stop smoking weed. He got drafted by Cleveland, 586 yards and 5 TD’s on 43 receptions as a rookie, got stoned and got cut. Got picked up by Miami, got stoned and got cut.

Now he's out here apparently blazing up the grass in a different way

quote:

1st team 7-on-7s: Hill, Hardman, and Callaway all on the same side of the formation. 15 finds Callaway on an in-breaking route in traffic

Fun to imagine what they can do with all that speed at the same time #Chiefs
"Callaway getting 1st team reps. Powell dropped an easy pass while running with the 3’s"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

If that's the same former Cleveland brown Antonio Callaway don't fall into that trap. It's only a matter of time before he's arrested for something dumb and his stone hands show.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I appreciate the stone hands pun

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you picked the correct non-Tyreek Hill WR2 every week on the Chiefs his aggregate score was WR40. I'm past worrying about Demarcus Robinson and Corn Pop and the gang.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If that's the same former Cleveland brown Antonio Callaway don't fall into that trap. It's only a matter of time before he's arrested for something dumb and his stone hands show.

Well, hold on. Both cuts were before the CBA raised the testing limit to a level of THC that is really, really hard to achieve.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well, hold on. Both cuts were before the CBA raised the testing limit to a level of THC that is really, really hard to achieve.

He was getting busted for possession by the cops.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well, never mind, then!

To distract everyone from my idiocy:

This Saturday, at 1 PM PST, we are going to fill a 10 team Superflex PPR Mock auction.

https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/726630234786533376

This is an opportunity to get ahead of your SF auction leagues. Would love some of you genius, super sexy goons in there!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Doing mock drafts and man week 7 is going to suck for byes:

Bills, Cowboys, Jaguars, Chargers, Vikings, Steelers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well ignore my camp hype for Callaway then and instead focus on camp hype for Noah Gray who continues to make people take notice

https://twitter.com/lriddickespn/status/1420920274820739081?s=21

Kelce left practice today with back tightness which is probably nothing but worth monitoring

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

When Louis Riddick hypes up a Chiefs' prospect, you just gotta listen.

https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/1292528072214945793?s=20

To be real though, while I think Noah Gray can probably contribute as a role player, the current narrative coming out of Chiefs' camp is reminding me a ton of Zach Sudfeld. "[Day 3 draft pick/UDFA] looks amazing in padless practices where guys aren't touching him! This 2 TE attack will be unstoppable!" When guys can touch him, his size/length is going to be a problem for him. He's only 6'3" 240 lbs with a 31 5/8" wingspan (10th percentile) where most good NFL TEs are at least 6'5 or 6'6 and 250+. Guys like Noah Fant and Evan Engram are closer to his size but they bring elite athleticism to the table with wingspans in the 68th percentile while Gray does not. His college YPR (8.6) was in the 4th percentile too so he also wasn't explosive at all against college defenders. I am not seeing how this kid can be a mismatch TE at the next level. Seems like he will be lucky to be a Jack Doyle type of "reliable catch-and-fall-down guy."

Edit:
https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1420762080085348361?s=20

Oh hell yeah people are already calling him Baby Kelce. Definitely the next Zach "Baby Gronk" Sudfeld.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 30, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d maybe consider Gray in dynasty but anything but that is silly.

CEH on the other hand I’ll gladly reach to get in the early second round.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CEH was inside the top-20 in yards from scrimmage in the first 6 games of a career before Le'Veon Bell made it a hosed up situation. He's good at football, people overreacted.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

My point in referencing his CEH tweet from last year wasn't about questioning CEH's talent, it was to demonstrate that Riddick's praise of Chiefs can be so hyperbolic that it paints a dishonest picture and has negative fantasy value. It would be like completely trusting everything Cecil Lammey says about the Broncos.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CEH should have a solid year if only because that offensive line looks vastly improved.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

My point in referencing his CEH tweet from last year wasn't about questioning CEH's talent, it was to demonstrate that Riddick's praise of Chiefs can be so hyperbolic that it paints a dishonest picture and has negative fantasy value. It would be like completely trusting everything Cecil Lammey says about the Broncos.

I was preemptively stopping people from clowning on CEH!!! He's good at football!

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
I took clyde first overall in my fantasy draft last season and I’d do it again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

I’d maybe consider Gray in dynasty but anything but that is silly.

Oh yeah sorry I absolutely was only talking in terms of dynasty which is all I care about these days because it rules so much

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just got CEH at 4.2 in the Best Ball Dynasty PPR Superflex Premium TE league I joined via this thread and I am very pleased.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

Oh yeah sorry I absolutely was only talking in terms of dynasty which is all I care about these days because it rules so much

Hell yea it does rule

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

I was preemptively stopping people from clowning on CEH!!! He's good at football!
Fair enough. That's a good crusade to be on this year. CEH does deserve a mulligan and he's so much more attractive now that he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well, never mind, then!

To distract everyone from my idiocy:

This Saturday, at 1 PM PST, we are going to fill a 10 team Superflex PPR Mock auction.

https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/726630234786533376

This is an opportunity to get ahead of your SF auction leagues. Would love some of you genius, super sexy goons in there!

In an hour and 15 minutes, FA will be streaming this SF mock auction on Twitch. We still have 5 slots available and are looking for all human data to help people get their practice shots in. If you've wanted SF mock auction data, join now!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I might join, just unsure how likely it would be for me to do a complete draft without wife or kids forcing me to leave before it is completed. I guess if it is not full it is better than nothing, but I don't want to take a spot from anyone else.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

I might join, just unsure how likely it would be for me to do a complete draft without wife or kids forcing me to leave before it is completed. I guess if it is not full it is better than nothing, but I don't want to take a spot from anyone else.

It's not full yet!
Just join in and drop out later. The most useful data comes in the first half of the draft, anyway

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Just took the last spot

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Thanks for jumping in guys. That was a good SF mock.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

Who won?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sataere posted:

Yea, it was fun. Was there some offsite chat room for it? It was kind of quiet, but maybe it was just a quiet crowd since it is just a mock. I am pretty happy with my team. The only pick I would take back would be Fournette, I forgot it was start 3 WR and I would have rather had a 5th WR, but you need to drop someone for waiver moves anyway and it was only $2 so whatever. While I have not been in an auction league for something like 10 years, when I was in an auction league I never did that well and in hindsight it felt like my biggest flaw was thinking that my strategy was unique - that I was the only person eyeing the last 3 RB in a tier or trying to save money until the end for sleepers when someone else is doing the same thing. It feels like the first and last player (draft order, not player ranking) in a tier is over priced, but you can potentially get good value with players in the middle since other people don't seem to bid up player X as much because player Y is still there, who then gets bid up because oh crap that is the last starting RB.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 1, 2021