Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Goons getting mad about the booking is what I imagine people in the 80's who just saw The Empire Strikes Back boycotting Star Wars because the bad guys won and the last movie hadn't come out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Good morning

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you and your family are looking good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i’m very sorry.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Goons getting mad about the booking is what I imagine people in the 80's who just saw The Empire Strikes Back boycotting Star Wars because the bad guys won and the last movie hadn't come out yet

They were right to do so, Return of the Jedi is poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Good morning

crazy how much the aew roster has grown in 2 short years

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

:gas:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

i’m very sorry.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sticklefifer posted:

Right back at your weird hyperbole, because I guess you're trying to make me mad about this or something? :confused: The kayfabe reason Kenny has all those wins isn't his in-ring ability. The question has never been whether he's beatable, it's whether he's beatable by Page. And he's not, for as long as he's got his full armor. Not sure how slowly taking away his armor over time is "WWE", but you can agree to disagree without being a douche about it.

Kenny's armour is that he has a whole lot of bullshit and when you take that away he's still the best goddam wrestler in the world today. Your idea is terrible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Kenny's armour is that he has a whole lot of bullshit and when you take that away he's still the best goddam wrestler in the world today. Your idea is terrible.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Thread quality is inversely correlated with show quality, that's how you can tell AEW is very good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who do you think you are
you've never been so far
as to do even as decided to use even go
want to do look more like
i'll make you feel the wrath of my ways
i'll make it real
i'll be your end of days

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
WWE calling advertisers is the most bitch made thing i've ever seen lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Can’t wait for Vince to lose his competition with sleep lol

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Saying you're not going to watch the PPV or that Hangman is dead are bad hyperbole, but it's actually awesome to that people are disappointed and fantasy booking this poo poo because it means that people are invested in a good story and good characters.

Also, I'm cool with AEW taking more cheap shots at WWE now because it's obviously getting under Vince's skin.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sir Tonk posted:

upper deck is still around????

Upper Deck is primarily the cards for the NHL now!

All of the sports leagues have exclusives now.

Upper Deck - NHL, AEW
Topps - MLB, WWE, Champions League
Panini - NFL, NBA, college sports, FIFA

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I know who's not coming in.

:smith:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

smarxist posted:

WWE calling advertisers is the most bitch made thing i've ever seen lol

Absolutely. Especially while being on the investor call trying to claim they're not competition.

Vince is a sniveling coward.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Adam Page is a midcarder now and is going to spend the next 6 months feuding with Aaron Solo on Dark.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Stu and Uno should be able to challenge The Good Brothers for the impact tag titles since they pinned Anderson

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Adam Page is a midcarder now and is going to spend the next 6 months feuding with Aaron Solo on Dark.

They're both just looking for a W

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Right back at your weird hyperbole, because I guess you're trying to make me mad about this or something? :confused: The kayfabe reason Kenny has all those wins isn't his in-ring ability. The question has never been whether he's beatable, it's whether he's beatable by Page. And he's not, for as long as he's got his full armor. Not sure how slowly taking away his armor over time is "WWE", but you can agree to disagree without being a douche about it.

he beat jungle boy clean as a sheet what are you talking about

e: that post was very old and im very hung over, excuse me

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 31, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that post is old? aheuh! i feel so freaking old now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm so old that I remember when AEW used to be good, in the halcyon days before Tony Khan's great burial of the Hangman.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm so old that I remember when AEW used to be good, in the halcyon days before Tony Khan's great burial of the Hangman.

I also remember before All Out 2019

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

AEW needs to sign Sami Callihan so you all can enjoy his work.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Guillermus posted:

I want Nick Gage to show up at MJF's locker room disguised as a pizza delivery guy to collect his money.

Btw, I watched Chris Van Vliet interview with Nick Gage now and I admit that I regret not knowing about Nick before. (i don't know this thread's stance on CVV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdWieXlNdqw

CVV gets good interviews despite throwing all softballs, he at least goes for interesting questions. i enjoy most of his stuff.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'd love it if Gage came back to wreck MJF because Jericho hired him and actually paid him the agreed-upon amount.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Arbite posted:

I know who's not coming in.

:smith:

Oh.

I think they're lying.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

Oh.

I think they're lying.

umino is stranded in the UK.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Shooter "Domino" Umino is secretly filming commercial spots as the new official mascot of Domino's Pizza.

Death Riders is the official faction of Domino's but Mox is busy. He just had a child. Domino Umino can handle things.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I would enjoy seeing MJF get hit with a bundle of lIghttubes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STONE COLD 64 posted:

umino is stranded in the UK.

Yeah I think they're lying about him being stuck in the UK.

I'm pretty sure they did this relatively recently with Henare?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't remember seeing an update, do we know what exactly happened to Cash Wheeler? That arm injury looked bad.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

gently caress dude…

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nixtron Haglyophan is NXT

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't remember seeing an update, do we know what exactly happened to Cash Wheeler? That arm injury looked bad.

bad cut, no break

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

yea ok posted:

bad cut, no break

That's good news.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WWE's competition is sleep because their average viewer is a senior citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

gently caress dude…

i will miss him, but i think NXT will utilize him better. could definitely see him feuding with LA Knight or the bug helmet guy