Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Randomly tuning into Raw and seeing D-Bry turn on the Wyatts is what got me back into rasslin’. That said I am Rollins laughing at this entire situation.

And now literally none of the people involved in that angle are employed anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

Genuinely thought 1) he was the next announced release and 2) anybody on the roster would be fired before Miz and Bray

if miz ever gets fired might as well board up titan towers, gently caress

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

One of the messages here is a very unsubtle shut up and do what creative tells you to do or else. Which is a great message when it only took the company 2 weeks to make returning legend/only star and draw John Cena look like a geek

Seriously? How?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

please respect keith lee's THE FIENDS privacy

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

The Bee posted:

Seriously? How?

Finn was supposed to sign a contract to challenge Reigns at Summerslam but Baron Corbin laid Finn out. Then cena laid Corbin out and signed the contract. So they booked Cena to look like a selfish rear end in a top hat after just a few weeks.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

budget cuts. BUDGET CUTS.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Finn was supposed to sign a contract to challenge Reigns at Summerslam but Baron Corbin laid Finn out. Then cena laid Corbin out and signed the contract. So they booked Cena to look like a selfish rear end in a top hat after just a few weeks.

john cena just becoming hulk hogan at his selfish rear end in a top hat babyface worst as Vinces brain dies along with the company would be, as George Lucas would say, like poetry, it rhymes

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

MJeff posted:

Fightful was told that Johnny Ace made the call

https://twitter.com/MacQueen516/status/1421533343519236102

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The only people I'd speculate are 100% safe from firing right now are Roman and Charlotte, everyone else is fair game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Scary how cleancut Punk called literally everything that would happen a decade later

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I went to twitter and saw a bunch of people I follow who don't usually talk about wrestling shocked about this. The narrative in the comments continues to be that Bray asked for this. I just keep posting that tweet from Meltzer that it was for budget cuts.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The_Rob posted:

The fiend stuff legit felt like it was being written by a 16 year old who was on a diet of Whip it’s and crystal skull vodka.

i have been trying to find some of the crystal head vodka because i heard it is filtered by mystic crystals and it is so pure you can make contact with hidden entities

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

To be fair that's pretty much consistent with Cena's character.

Remember that time he got fired and came back next week and demanded an immediate title shot against Rey Mysterio like half an hour after Mysterio had to win an entire tournament in one night to get that title and just promptly loving squashed his rear end to get his title back?

Or how his entire storyline with the Undertaker a couple years ago amounted to "I'm Johna Cena I should literally always have a big match at Wrestlemania always always ALWAYS"

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Davros1 posted:

The only people I'd speculate are 100% safe from firing right now are Roman and Charlotte, everyone else is fair game

I genuinely think the biggest mistake WWE could make would be letting Becky Lynch go. The one thing AEW don’t have is an internationally known established female world champion. They’ll get there themselves, but someone like Lynch would be a massive shortcut.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Davros1 posted:

I'd say Randy, too. And then everyone else just gets spooked if their contract's too big.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

orton/roman/charlotte/seth/becky/miz feel like the only lifers totally safe from ever getting released.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

And now literally none of the people involved in that angle are employed anymore

Bray's release has significantly increased the amount of match cards you can find where Roman is the only guy left in the company.

(mystery man was Jericho)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

To be fair that's pretty much consistent with Cena's character.

Remember that time he got fired and came back next week and demanded an immediate title shot against Rey Mysterio like half an hour after Mysterio had to win an entire tournament in one night to get that title and just promptly loving squashed his rear end to get his title back?

Or how his entire storyline with the Undertaker a couple years ago amounted to "I'm Johna Cena I should literally always have a big match at Wrestlemania always always ALWAYS"

To be fair, that Undertaker one turned into Taker kayfabe going "No, I'm not gonna dignify this with an answer AND if you're gonna be a whiny baby about it I'll still beat your rear end".

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I can see Becky being released, simply because Vince thinks she "talks funny".

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Charlotte's fiance (husband now?) is in the AEW zone so I dunno about this

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Very funny that Bray's last appearance was him basically saying he was taking his ball and going home

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alexa already made her Twitter private over some fans' reaction to this, apparently

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

DLC Inc posted:

orton/roman/charlotte/seth/becky/miz feel like the only lifers totally safe from ever getting released.

If WWE released that whole list tomorrow does anyone other than Becky get a call from AEW?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

rip bray he was a good big belly boy wrestler and i will never forget when he turned john cena into a cheeseburger and ate him

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BGrifter posted:

If WWE released that whole list tomorrow does anyone other than Becky get a call from AEW?

Yes. Charlotte, Seth, Roman, and Orton for sure.

They all have friends in AEW who would push for them too.

And I mean, come on. The Shield was the hottest act in wrestling for a while. You absolutely reunite them.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/fiendwwe/status/1421523579535953920?s=21

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The funny thing with the Cena/Roman storyline is that the WWE had easy ready made good stories to use for the build. Either build up that Roman hasn't been able to match Cena up top and thus Roman takes the match to prove he is the guy to Cena wanting to break Flair's (WWE) record and Roman wanting to stop him. But nope have to do a dumb fake contract signing

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i have been trying to find some of the crystal head vodka because i heard it is filtered by mystic crystals and it is so pure you can make contact with hidden entities

if you drink the entire bottle the MIBs will take you to hollow earth to meet dan akroyd and then you get to go the ghostbusters afterlife premier with him

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

lmao in kayfabe bray put cena out for over a year and they bring cena back without acknowledgement and then release bray poor guy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

PWInsider posted:

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that WWE chose to release Bray Wyatt and that the word going around was that it was a budget-related reason, similar to other big cuts, such as a Braun Strowman. It was not a case of Wyatt asking to be released.

We are told that Wyatt was called by John Lauirinaitis (who wasn't even at TV this week as he's in the middle of moving back to Connecticut) and informed it was simply a budgetary decision and not something Wyatt had done.

To say that the reaction within the company was stunned would be a massive understatement given how plugged into licensing the Wyatt character has been in recent years. The Fiend had been a massive hit for t-shirts and action figures.

One source pointed the finger squarely at WWE President Nick Khan and CFO Kristina Salen, stating that they are so "obsessed" with the company not being even one iota in the red on the financial ledgers that even after the most recent financial quarter, there had to have been a push to cut costs where with previous regimes, there would have been more leniency. Others noted that Wyatt and Vince McMahon's relationship behind the scenes ran very hot and cold at times and that McMahon has given Khan the ability to run things far more than anyone else has historically been able to accomplish, so there was likely less of a push-back over the idea of cutting a big money contract from the ledger.

Another source pointed that Wyatt's 90 days would run out the week before AEW's Full Gear and how Vince McMahon may have been very prophetic about handing AEW other assets during yesterday's media call.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE really going gonzo with the news between letting Bray go and the blatant bait and switch to do Reigns vs Cena instead of Reigns vs Balor or Reigns vs Corbin. This loving company.

Also why is Cena beating up poor people, that's not cool.

coconono fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 31, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DLC Inc posted:

Scary how cleancut Punk called literally everything that would happen a decade later
yeah it owns

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Alexa already made her Twitter private over some fans' reaction to this, apparently

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/repalec/status/1421513365730447365?s=19

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Critical posted:

if you drink the entire bottle the MIBs will take you to hollow earth to meet dan akroyd and then you get to go the ghostbusters afterlife premier with him

poo poo, now I want a bottle

I’m not much of a drinker, though, so he’ll want to put back that premiere a couple of years or so b/c this’ll take me a while

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

FIEND the world

My final message. Goodbye

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

That reads to me that Nick Khan is pulling a weekend at bernie's

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the control vince just handed this random guy is batshit. humiliation, for loser Hunter

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I think he’ll end up taking the Samoa Joe path and get rehired for significantly less money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I think he’ll end up taking the Samoa Joe path and get rehired for significantly less money.

or they'll put slapjack in the fiend gear and let him enforce for Regal in NXT since they just let Joe wrestle again.