Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DamnGlitch posted:

Zz ep 1 (the recap) is some eye melting throwback trash.

Yeah I drat near did a spittake when I saw it the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That said I am a sucker for 80's anime sitcoms and have an irrational fondness for the part of ZZ that everyone almost assuredly correctly hates.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm actually liking the goofy hijinks, the dumb versions of bright and yazan and the delusional guy with the hots for haman. I somewhat recently watched all of city hunter so this stupid 80s anime comedy thing is feeling really familiar

I do want Char and real Haman back though!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Xarbala posted:

That said I am a sucker for 80's anime sitcoms and have an irrational fondness for the part of ZZ that everyone almost assuredly correctly hates.

it's okay, we've all grown and know hating it is wrong

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I still hate it

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Everybody laughs at the silly children’s antics until Yazan nonchalantly kills one of Zeta’s longest lasting characters.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Everybody laughs at the silly children’s antics until Yazan nonchalantly kills one of Zeta’s longest lasting characters.

That's our Yazan!

(Laugh track)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I like zz once it gets to moon moon but before that its really tedious and irritating.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Even if ZZ had the greatest plot in UC I still think it'd be a slog for me cause I dislike every new character except Elle and Roux, and hate the weird super chunky designs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am a sucker for chunky robots.

Give me the full armor heavy rear end G-Self from that one episode, boosting its pilot into mush and plowing through the jungle

...no I'm not projecting.:smith:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm still sad that Char's Counterattack pre-empted the original plans for ZZ when it was still just Zeta: Part II. It sounded more interesting than the ZZ that we got and Char's Counterattack itself, and the ending closes out early UC in a way that removes the possibility of any further Zeon uprisings since Judau convinces the Federation to finish moving people off Earth and then leaves for Mars. A minor detail that was changed to Jupiter in the finale of the actual show for some reason. Still, with Earth now abandoned and the main conflict that defined UC up to that point (and for years afterwards) i.e. Earthnoid v Spacenoid now defunct, it'd force people, including Tomino himself, to advance the setting if he or his bosses wanted to tell more stories in UC and the new conflict would probably become the Earthsphere Sides abusing the Martian colonists. Which retains that "history repeats itself and war never changes" feel, while actually changing the theater of the war and enough details to make it feel substantially different.

I think it would have been really cool to have Judau be the Deikun for Mars, advocating for Martian rights and setting up a conflict that plays out for years despite him, regardless of whether he's killed or not.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The scenes where Judau and Haman meet on Earth are one of the best parts of Gundam.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

It's incredible how the wing dub is stuffed to the brim with (hilariously) awkward and flat/wildly overemotive line reads, and then duke dermail's VA just 100% nails every single line perfectly. It really stands out even beyond being a distinctive voice due to the accent. Need more duke love

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MonsieurChoc posted:

In her defense, she's like 12 and traumatized.

So is like half the cast!

I am glad that Asher got the stupid death he deserved though.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Is it heresy to say that i like ZZ way more than Zeta?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i certainly like judau more than kamille, at least.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

I like zz once it gets to moon moon but before that its really tedious and irritating.

I liked it after they left because moon-moon as an idea was dumb as poo poo.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Burns posted:

Is it heresy to say that i like ZZ way more than Zeta?

No, because you were good and used an "I" statement.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I'm around episode 40 of Victory and really the giant Haro eyecatch is what's keeping me going.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ManSedan posted:

I'm around episode 40 of Victory and really the giant Haro eyecatch is what's keeping me going.

Victory Haro is the best Haro in all of Gundam.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
do you guys have any tight 1920x1080 gundam wallpapers

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Here you go

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

muike posted:

do you guys have any tight 1920x1080 gundam wallpapers

Ask me 7 years ago and I've got you.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
okay looks like we've got the winner

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Funny himbo Mashymre was the best and when he came back as a goth cybernewtype I was extremely disappointed.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ibblebibble posted:

Funny himbo Mashymre was the best and when he came back as a goth cybernewtype I was extremely disappointed.

He's still a himbo. Dude dies laughing and screaming HAMAN-SAMA BANZAI while Haman barely even acknowledges he died.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Mashymyre is a jobber who thinks he's main event caliber.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jerid did it better. His failed run on the argama after mouars death. Only to pussy out at the last second is top ten laughs in Gundam materiel.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My kouhai sent me this lol

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gaius Marius posted:

You could fill that with just moments from Gundam SEED like probably five or six times over

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can only think of two 😔

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Colony Laser counts, not because of the fact that it's a giant death ray but because they did a forced population transfer to build it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Dainsleifs, Operation British, and Mikazuki Augus.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Gaius Marius posted:

Colony drops, nukes and gassing colonies.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

For me it's, Operation British, the Kellias Gul, and the Opening of X

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Colony Laser counts, not because of the fact that it's a giant death ray but because they did a forced population transfer to build it.

Do those people really count?, They are spacenoids so they were gonna go space crazy eventually

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

chiasaur11 posted:

Dainsleifs, Operation British, and Mikazuki Augus.

Just finished Iron-Blooded Orphans a minute ago, goddamn that might be one of the bleakest shows I've seen in a long time. I need two drinks. One for me, and one to pour out.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

wdarkk posted:

Would the Sides themselves count, since the population was forcibly emigrated to fill them? It wasn't during a war though, so I suppose it's not really a warcime as such I suppose. If it is though, then it'd probably be a "favourite", if only because it's the only one that's kind of morally grey in that yeah, forcibly emigrating people is hosed up, but (a) there was a population crisis and (b) the Federation really did seem to both have good intentions and to be sending them someplace better. So there's some debate to be had about it's merits as compared to basically any other one.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

As Nero Danced posted:

Just finished Iron-Blooded Orphans a minute ago, goddamn that might be one of the bleakest shows I've seen in a long time. I need two drinks. One for me, and one to pour out.

Most characters ended up in a better place and the solar system was happier overall at the end. It’s a way more positive and uplifting show than most UC ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

tsob posted:

Would the Sides themselves count, since the population was forcibly emigrated to fill them? It wasn't during a war though, so I suppose it's not really a warcime as such I suppose. If it is though, then it'd probably be a "favourite", if only because it's the only one that's kind of morally grey in that yeah, forcibly emigrating people is hosed up, but (a) there was a population crisis and (b) the Federation really did seem to both have good intentions and to be sending them someplace better. So there's some debate to be had about it's merits as compared to basically any other one.

Well, you can read the Rome Statute and determine if it qualifies or not. I would argue it does.