Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Good for Ed to do this

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1421181119441997824?s=20

I expected him to do it but he jumped on it quick

This regard to card made by Christine Chan

Reason why hes removing it

:nms:

christina admitted she has been raping her dementia suffering mother

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Good for Ed to do this

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1421181119441997824?s=20

I expected him to do it but he jumped on it quick

This regard to card made by Christine Chan

Reason why hes removing it

christina admitted she has been raping her dementia suffering mother

loving what? :stare:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Update

christine was just arrested and her mother was taken to senior care hospital for safety

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

What the gently caress!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Peeps dropping fuckin cognitohazards in the Isaac thread.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

To be honest with 20 new posts I expected the balance patch to have finally dropped, not...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sharkitten posted:

To be honest with 20 new posts I expected the balance patch to have finally dropped, not...

Old psy fly would have protected me from seeing that post but it got nerfed :(

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what the gently caress

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What does the Sprinkler do when you're playing as the Tainted Forgotten?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Ariong posted:

What does the Sprinkler do when you're playing as the Tainted Forgotten?

Nothing special, it shoots the tears you would have if you weren't playing the Forgotten.

When playing as T. Azazel, it shoots the same fat short-ranged Brimstone that it would when you are normal Azazel.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

how the hell am i going to beat hush as jacob & essau?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

PIZZA.BAT posted:

how the hell am i going to beat hush as jacob & essau?

Psy fly or lost contact.

Edmund can go gently caress himself for Tainted Lost. That Mother run is nearly loving impossible.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Can anyone help explain why I have troll bombs flying off of me, seemingly at random?

edit: Huh, it stopped on the next floor.

Spelling Mitsake fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 1, 2021

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ed should have CWC draw all the Mom cards now

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Can anyone help explain why I have troll bombs flying off of me, seemingly at random?

A certain wisp spits out bombs/troll bombs sometimes, and I don't know exactly which, because I only ever see it when I have a mess of 20+ random wisps.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Psychedelicatessen posted:

A certain wisp spits out bombs/troll bombs sometimes, and I don't know exactly which, because I only ever see it when I have a mess of 20+ random wisps.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Spelling Mitsake posted:

The Book of Sin has a chance to spawn Anarchist's Cookbook wisps, and those drop troll bombs when they die.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
One thing I liked in Enter the Gungeon was how once you unlocked a new gun or item it was pretty much guaranteed to appear in the next run you did. I've had four items left to pick up since I unlocked everything two months ago and they will. Not. loving. Appear. It's so obnoxious.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

One thing I liked in Enter the Gungeon was how once you unlocked a new gun or item it was pretty much guaranteed to appear in the next run you did. I've had four items left to pick up since I unlocked everything two months ago and they will. Not. loving. Appear. It's so obnoxious.

I take it Death Certificate is super rare. It certainly looks like that item is supposed to remedy this.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

PostNouveau posted:

I take it Death Certificate is super rare. It certainly looks like that item is supposed to remedy this.

That's one of em. Also Berserk, C-Section(I know you can get this with DC somehow or spindown dice), Echo Chamber. I guess what I could do is just restart games with Isaac and look for a secret room on the first floor with an item and reroll it till it goes my way.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i mean c-section straight up doesn’t spawn normally so you need to either use spin down dice on lil abbadon, craft it as tainted cain, or death certificate it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

watho posted:

i mean c-section straight up doesn’t spawn normally so you need to either use spin down dice on lil abbadon, craft it as tainted cain, or death certificate it

Oh yeah tainted Cain. Doesn't he solve all item hunting?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

basically, yeah

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Holy poo poo. Complaining in the thread totally works.

Eat poo poo, Mother.

Lemegeton + Damocles got tainted lost through it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah I'm trying but it's not working. Jacob and Essau are still kicking my rear end. I had a run where my first item was psy fly and I scored goat head soon after but I still couldn't even make it to hush as it never gave me any dps upgrades after that. Two runs later I have polyphemus & death's touch stacked on jacob but wasn't able to get any health or defensive items so while I was able to reach Hush with plenty of time to spare I couldn't last once he got extra bullet-helly. JDFLKS:NDGKJOWER

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://bindingofisaacrebirth.fandom.com/wiki/Strange_Key

Using mom's box/fortune tellers to find this is an alternative to rushing through the game in 30 minutes. You have plenty of time to do the alt path, explore every room & secret room and get lots of items on both characters.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Yeah I'm trying but it's not working. Jacob and Essau are still kicking my rear end. I had a run where my first item was psy fly and I scored goat head soon after but I still couldn't even make it to hush as it never gave me any dps upgrades after that. Two runs later I have polyphemus & death's touch stacked on jacob but wasn't able to get any health or defensive items so while I was able to reach Hush with plenty of time to spare I couldn't last once he got extra bullet-helly. JDFLKS:NDGKJOWER

I finally did it

Plan C :haw:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Goddammit tainted Eden sucks rear end

There are so few meaningful choices to make except "try not to get hit"

Only thing I can think of is to maximize items to have a bigger chance of rolling into good stuff, and dip as much as possible into good item pools, like angel and planetarium

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Greenplastic posted:

Goddammit tainted Eden sucks rear end

There are so few meaningful choices to make except "try not to get hit"

Only thing I can think of is to maximize items to have a bigger chance of rolling into good stuff, and dip as much as possible into good item pools, like angel and planetarium
One other thing that may help: Avoid devil and curse room items, especially curse room items. Those items may re-roll into 9 Lives, which will take away all but one red heart, and then the extra lives disappear next time you get hit.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
You know, you have to be a colossal gently caress stick to design and playtest Tainted Lazarus and Tainted Jacob and be like "You know what? They're fine. Let them loose."

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Finally just got the Mega Satan kill with Jacob & Essau and the game graced me with its kind spirit by spawning a Delirium portal. Knocked that out as well. All that I have left now is Greedier and I'll have all the notepads for the normal characters filled out.

How much worse are the tainted characters? J&E have been aggravating as hell but I don't think they were as bad as the keeper or the lost. How much worse is this going to be?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PIZZA.BAT posted:

How much worse are the tainted characters? J&E have been aggravating as hell but I don't think they were as bad as the keeper or the lost. How much worse is this going to be?

Tainted J&E is like doing a challenge it's such a weird gimmick.

I actually love playing Tained Lost and Tained Keeper. The runs are often unsuccessful because of how fragile they are, but you wind up doing so much crazy poo poo. I got the post-it filled out for both well before most of the other tainted characters just because I wanted to play them so much.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Oh man I finally decided to do a home run and got my first win on that route

But I forgot to use the red key to get a tainted character :negative:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Finally just got the Mega Satan kill with Jacob & Essau and the game graced me with its kind spirit by spawning a Delirium portal. Knocked that out as well. All that I have left now is Greedier and I'll have all the notepads for the normal characters filled out.

Depends. Most are challenging in unique ways, some are nightmarish and you should probably wait for a balance patch.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

I still say regular Maggie is the worst character.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I still say regular Maggie is the worst character.

The health pill + sacrifice rooms means her secret ability is basically "have a pretty good chance of getting at least one angel room item on the first floor"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Had two brutal losses with Tainted Maggie. Lost a brimstone knife run to pressing Q for yum heart heal like a microsecond too late. Lost a psy fly run on Delirium after I picked up a Sun card from a broken pot and could have healed for like 9 hearts but got stomped by mom's foot the split second after I realized what I'd picked up.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

One mod I'd love to see is applying the Golden Trinket concept to items, so you have a rare chance of getting an enhanced/super version of an active or passive.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Took tainted jacob down to Mother with Dr. Fetus, bomberman and cricket's body and some damage ups. Had the item that lets you dive directly the boss on each floor.

Get to phase 2, Esau shows up, dies like a bitch in 5 seconds, game decides that a bullet should get through all the explosions and kill me even though I couldn't see it.

gently caress you, Edmund.,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Black August posted:

One mod I'd love to see is applying the Golden Trinket concept to items, so you have a rare chance of getting an enhanced/super version of an active or passive.

Gold shard of glass damages you a full heart in rapid succession