Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Somehow Juvy doesn't pose quite the same threat as the convicted bank robber who came back from death

Looking forward to his match, I'm just saying

Pretty sure he committed one of the most infamous murders of the 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What's more criminal, stealing a small amount of money from a building once (sad, low-energy) or stealing The Rock's catchphrases and mannerisms inside every tv set in America for months (bold, exciting)?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Somehow Juvy doesn't pose quite the same threat as the convicted bank robber who came back from death

He deserves a break. Even Hercules only had to steal a few apples after slaying a hydra and a lion.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TAZ

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1421733292265689093?s=20

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
god, you know what we're finally going to get again

a loving murder of a match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Holy poo poo lol what if Brie Bella shows up in AEW too.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Gage really should've been Trial #4, but I assume there was some logistical reason why they didn't do it that way

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lol, tommy dreamer and his silver spoon

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

El Generico posted:

Gage really should've been Trial #4, but I assume there was some logistical reason why they didn't do it that way

my favorite conjecture i saw is that they were limited on which states he could legally have that match in, which is Hilarious

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

El Generico posted:

I think I prefer Gage 2nd. It added so much to the shock of him being announced because we were still under the impression that all the labors would be Pinnacle members. Gage was the last possible person anyone expected.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Shard posted:

yeah, who do you think is gonna be Britt's enforcer??

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jonny Nox posted:

Haku

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

flatluigi posted:

Send Takeshi Morishima to DDP Yoga

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jonny Nox posted:

AEW's gonna poach the big fish from the WWE women's talent pool

That's right, wrestling royalty

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Josh Alexander has become really fuckin good in the last few years, would be very cool if he was given the opportunity to be on Dynamite sometime. I know it's usually AEW -> Impact but having the exchange go the other way would be great

I guess this is a new channel she made, poo poo's really good, need to start putting these promos on the AEW channels because Deeb is way too loving good to be slept on

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shard posted:

it must be because I missed their entire like, prime run but I do not see what anyone sees in the bellas at all and I couldn't really care less about either of em

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

I’ll be honest I really really hope he cuts the hair and beard again

Even just go bald, keep a short beard, I just love the look in this image and miss it

If jericho does do a proper top rope diving/jumping move, what’s it gonna be? Diving headbutt? Moonsault? Leg drop, and explode his pelvis? I’m betting frog splash in an Eddie tribute, but maybe just a Snuka splash?

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

shiksa posted:

it must be because I missed their entire like, prime run but I do not see what anyone sees in the bellas at all and I couldn't really care less about either of em

Only things memorable about their most recent run was Nikki having one decent match with Ronda and Brie botching basically every match she was in and yes kicking I think it was Ruby into a concussion.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rotinaj posted:

If jericho does do a proper top rope diving/jumping move, what’s it gonna be? Diving headbutt? Moonsault? Leg drop, and explode his pelvis? I’m betting frog splash in an Eddie tribute, but maybe just a Snuka splash?

Might try a hurricanrana into a pin.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

chris Jericho is gonna have Sammy teach him how to do a 630

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

I said this in the GDT :colbert:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

But that would mean Chris Jericho is not a coward.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

boxcarhobo posted:

chris Jericho is gonna have Sammy Maki Itoh teach him how to do a 630 kokeshi

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

A talking coyote posted:

Only things memorable about their most recent run was Nikki having one decent match with Ronda and Brie botching basically every match she was in and yes kicking I think it was Ruby into a concussion.
She nearly killed herself doing a dive, or maybe twice

Also it might have been Ruby, but I know she was dragging a concussed Liv around

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

shiksa posted:

Nikki had gotten pretty decent by the end of her in-ring career. I'm not going to say she was GREAT but she was a solid mid-tier when it came to in-ring skill.

I doubt they'd ever end up in AEW because there's an awful part of me that wonders what the training team could do with them.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Bellas were terrible but they did get a lot of women interested in wrestling, which is probably more important.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

kitten emergency posted:

hangmanis44.com

:cripes:

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Nikki was the highlight of every raw in that last little run before she retired. Brie had a good song

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I enjoy Mel and Gallows and think they'd have great energy together in the upcoming IG tag leagues.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Brie is gonna fit right in with AEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQM4bxKy8KA

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I want people to know that Josh Alexander is not a small guy doing flips and stuff. He's a tall power house who also does a lot of grappling and is maybe Ethan Page's best friend, they' teamed a lot. The guy is probably keeping the X Division title until he can cash it in, and i suspect the's taking the Impact title off of Kenny

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it sounds like they're gonna have Alexander go Option C with the X title and take on Kenny. And he seems like the best bet in the company to take the belt back.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Big Dave posted:

Nikki was the highlight of every raw in that last little run before she retired. Brie had a good song

do you mean before she left for the neck stuff or after bc i was watching regularly afterwards and i couldnt tell you a drat thing about her run other than the miz/maryse feud bc the miz/maryse vignettes were funny

i mean i accept that i have the weirdo opinion here and the bellas are obviously v popular but i just do not get it at all they are like tapioca pudding to me

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nick Jr. Face posted:

PS Doc Gallows owns and I'm glad he makes everyone in here mad

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i want to show myself from like a year and a half ago this image and see how i would react

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shiksa posted:

do you mean before she left for the neck stuff or after bc i was watching regularly afterwards and i couldnt tell you a drat thing about her run other than the miz/maryse feud bc the miz/maryse vignettes were funny

i mean i accept that i have the weirdo opinion here and the bellas are obviously v popular but i just do not get it at all they are like tapioca pudding to me

I wasn't watching but I remember a lot of people talking about Nikki's work. But she was one of the people allowed to call their own matches. Everyone else has to listen to the ref who is just repeating stuff he hears in his headset.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I wanna see BTE bits where there's a camera in the cradle showing a baby's eye view and the Dark Order guys looking at the baby making jokes.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Negative One just burying the poo poo out of that baby

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

coconono posted:

I wasn't watching but I remember a lot of people talking about Nikki's work. But she was one of the people allowed to call their own matches. Everyone else has to listen to the ref who is just repeating stuff he hears in his headset.

fair enough, i certainly dont remember nikki being bad in ring like brie was, i remember her being in the better half of the roster really. in all honesty tho individual matches dont matter much to me personally. i'll forget most of what happens in a wrestling match like, very quickly after its over. not like i dont appreciate a fun match it just doesnt like, stick in my mind for very long. character, stories, promos, outfits, entrances, i have a better memory for those and often its more important to me in what i like about wrestling than having good matches. good matches are important im not saying russo bullshit is best its just not like, top of my list most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Insurance fraudsters?