Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

overseer07 posted:

I think someone posted it earlier with a warning, but Puzzle Quest 3 is actually really quite fun. Great match-3 with a fuckton of customization, and the ability to run one of every character class (and getting the the same rewards for each character you build). It costs 100 gems to create a new character, but you get that from doing four battles from any character class. There's IAP of course, and not worth the cost/value ratio, but there's also no stamina mechanic, so you can grind as much as you want. Good game.
When does the customization come in? I'm at level 8 and dozens of battles in but I'm still using the same three skills I started with. I got lots of random equipment but it all adds stats and nothing that changes how gameplay works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

I bought it without knowing the answer to this, and as far as I can tell the answer is no. You can unlock certain play modes, but no between run upgrades that I can find.

There's unlocks of items as well tied to achievements/challenges. It's a nice surprise getting a popup at times when you're not expecting one.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
A far, far better trailer than the game actually deserves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=254GS9ey26A

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

RoboCicero posted:

When does the customization come in? I'm at level 8 and dozens of battles in but I'm still using the same three skills I started with. I got lots of random equipment but it all adds stats and nothing that changes how gameplay works.

I'm around level 17 and I agree with both the harsher review and the nicer one. You get everything from random chests and story quests but mostly chests. This is the biggest downside for me because you can really hit a wall with progression if you don't get the right upgrade materials. Spells/skills seem pretty rare too and the main source to level them seems to be scrapping ones you find and don't like. I never seem to get weapon materials. Also, as far as I can see box space for armor/weapons and chests seem to be tied to getting followers (I think all are from the story) and then leveling/upgrading them. It feels artificially slow and grindy but the gameplay is pretty fun. I can tackle content that's labeled hard/very hard for my level/gear and actually clear it with some good plays. The rewards just don't seem worth it sometimes, especially when it's just a chest that takes 24 hours to even open.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

RoboCicero posted:

As you progress in the story, you'll unlock spells specific to your class. Each area has a different set of gear available from the end dungeon as well, so you can find gear with best abilities and color affinity for what you're doing. Once you hit level 50, your XP starts going towards different stat buffs as well. Also, you do get the gems for first clear on each level from every class, so you can really stack up a ton of free gems.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Trastion posted:

A goon who makes Android games but doesn't post in the Android games thread about their games is not a very smart goon...

Though it may be because this thread still has that stupid Kings Raid title. That really should be changed.

I just messaged a mod to see if they'll fix it. Fingers crossed.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Android Gaming: It's like the Switch but with a phone

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Android Gaming: like this thread? Consider rating FIVE STARS!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Maybe Later...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Android Gaming: "This thread used to be good until the UPDATE! Voted 1."

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Android Gaming: gently caress you, this is the Kings Raid thread now.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Bought Slice & Dice upon hearing about it from here and man, this game is excellent! Lost like two hours to it because I just couldn't put it down!

Managed to win on my third game, mostly because I got an item that gives two sides of a dice growth. Fun fact, when you have growth and cantrip on the same die face, it'll grow every time you roll it! Had this combo on a dancer that just kept dealing out ever increasing damage.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Trastion posted:

A goon who makes Android games but doesn't post in the Android games thread about their games is not a very smart goon...
Oops! I guess I feel a bit bad barging into threads to self-promote when I haven't been been part of them. I am on a break at the moment so I'll browse for some fun games.

Morpheus posted:

Are there any kind of progression systems between runs for Slice and Dice? Playing a bit of the demo and it's a pretty cool game with great art, but generally roguelikes without any sort of progression don't really do it for me past one or two runs.
No, there's no meta-progression. Some random achievements unlock items for the pool but they're not more-powerful than regular items or anything. There's an infinite mode where you keep some stuff when you loop but you lose it all when you die. I have a bunch of ideas for the future so maybe I'll add something like this, I don't promise anything though.

Thanks for your support all, the free demo is like 40% of the game so feel free to play without paying : )
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com.tann.dice

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hey we got renamed, nice.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Android Gaming: It's like the Switch but with a phone

Android Gaming Megathread: Forcibly installed in Bluestacks

New Leaf posted:

Hey we got renamed, nice.

Most boring rename possible though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The mod said to let them know if we wanted a better name. If anyone has any ideas, vote on em.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Android Gaming Megathread: Unlock Thread Title for 800 Gems (BEST DEAL!)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Damnit lol

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

(Sponsered By Raid Shadow Legends)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Tann posted:

Oops! I guess I feel a bit bad barging into threads to self-promote when I haven't been been part of them. I am on a break at the moment so I'll browse for some fun games.

No, there's no meta-progression. Some random achievements unlock items for the pool but they're not more-powerful than regular items or anything. There's an infinite mode where you keep some stuff when you loop but you lose it all when you die. I have a bunch of ideas for the future so maybe I'll add something like this, I don't promise anything though.

Thanks for your support all, the free demo is like 40% of the game so feel free to play without paying : )
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com.tann.dice

No problem. My post was more about people probably not even knowing this is the Android Mega thread because of the terrible Kings Raid name on it.

That seems to be fixed now.

Going to check out your demo. I don't play a lot of the dice games because I play stuff at work and need to keep it low profile so I can't play the PVP type ones.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I sent the message, fingers crossed.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Unlock posting for 1000 gems (most popular)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Android Gaming: You can post again in 5h54m

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I unlocked the "build your own party" option in Slice n Dice, and i accidentally started with all Acolytes and that's a rough start.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Lmao

Creatures of Aether is very good for anyone looking for a new game to play.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Devil May Cry Android is nearly 8 gigs lol

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Remember how long apple kept shipping phones with 16gb of storage?
What was it near then end after iOS was installed, like 7gb of user storage?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

What's the best Picross game, premium or otherwise?

I'm in a "follow number clues and get the visual equivalent of a Crackerjack box prize" mood. That isn't meant as a complaint. Picross is wonderful.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

I'm all caught up on Hungry Cat, waiting for the next Tuesday puzzle. It's got a ton of content that should keep you busy for a few months.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AlexDeGruven posted:

I'm all caught up on Hungry Cat, waiting for the next Tuesday puzzle. It's got a ton of content that should keep you busy for a few months.

Ah I just redownloaded this, and while I'll give it another try, I really wasn't a fan of the multiple colours, mainly because the clues no longer refer to contiguous areas. Like a 4 in one colour means that it could be altogether, or 2 groups of 2 blocks.

Edit: ok, just went through the tutorial again, and didn't remember the thing about if the number is circled, it refers to a contiguous grouping. Ok, that makes a LOT more sense. Still weirder than usual picross, but I'm liking it a lot more now.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 5, 2021

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's the best Picross game, premium or otherwise?

I'm in a "follow number clues and get the visual equivalent of a Crackerjack box prize" mood. That isn't meant as a complaint. Picross is wonderful.
I think Nonograms Katana is best/biggest, but the Konami one is "surprisingly good" and free (with ads), and a fun nostalgia trip if you were ever into their stuff.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
For a more traditional Picross app I like Nonograms Katana. It's got enough puzzles (of monochrome, colored, and tiled varieties) to keep you busy for all eternity, plus user submitted levels.

e:f;b

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Hungry cat and Konami PixelPuzzle are my go-to for picross

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Knightmare posted:

Hungry cat and Konami PixelPuzzle are my go-to for picross

Gonna second both of these. They're my go-to whenever I'm in a puzzly mood and don't have my switch on-hand.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Gonna second both of these. They're my go-to whenever I'm in a puzzly mood and don't have my switch on-hand.

Speaking of... those Picross S games. Worth it? I'm assuming so, they seem really popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
The Picross S games are great