Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Congrats to WWE on reaching a level of cultural understanding an par with a simpsons episode from before I was born.

There was literally an entire episode of Doug where Doug has like a week-long panic attack about having to eat sushi and that's about the cultural understanding WWE has in 2021 somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dexter Lumis is cool.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Drakkel posted:

There was literally an entire episode of Doug where Doug has like a week-long panic attack about having to eat sushi and that's about the cultural understanding WWE has in 2021 somehow

Unless they made 2 identical episodes it was liver and onions.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

They did also Doug was like 14 and terrified of getting a haircut.

Patty was bae though in a weird redneck way

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Raw fish? Is there an alternate universe where undisputed era was called up instead of retribution

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Eat My Fuc posted:

They did also Doug was like 14 and terrified of getting a haircut.

doug was a fuckin jabronie

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you wanna see some real bile, talk to some people who hate Doug.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alaois posted:

I’m guessing the zenn diagram of Doug and caliou haters is a circle

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

Nope that was two unrelated episodes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alaois posted:

Or Caillou

Edit lol beaten

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I’m guessing the zenn diagram of Doug and caliou haters is a circle

its where cool ppl hang out

i watched doug for judy and patty and roger, doug is a jabronie mark without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,marks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doug, aka Big Caillou

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Alaois posted:

Doug, aka Big Caillou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6xdV-jACvY

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Doug is basically a WWE babyface cause he's kind of lame and pathetic but he's the main character so the show has to revolve entirely around him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The show felt like it didn't want you to like Doug's sister but she really was just way cooler than him.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I don't remember Doug much but I fairly recently watched an ep of Caillou and that kid was a huge irritation

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I signed John Cena to a new part-time contract, Douglash! Very expensive

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i remember the episode of Doug where he thinks he has testicular cancer, but it turns out to just be an ingrown hair

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Alaois posted:

I signed John Cena to a new part-time contract, Douglash! Very expensive

dinkheads are where it’s at

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

dinkheads are where it’s at

oh yea mr and mrs dink ruled too

there was a lot of cool ppl on that show and then that fuckin 5 hair having jabronie in a sweater vest gets all the screentime jobber rear end geek

e: SKEETER, dude

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how old were you when you realized the joke in Mr. Dink's name

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

The show felt like it didn't want you to like Doug's sister but she really was just way cooler than him.

i’m still seeking my
Judy

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

mooseinfants posted:

I don't remember Doug much but I fairly recently watched an ep of Caillou and that kid was a huge irritation

Nikki Ash's gimmick was heavily inspired by Caillou. Just an annoying idiot loser who does dumb poo poo that's obviously not going to end well and then starts crying once it inevitably goes wrong

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Doug episodes was a great Twitter account.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I don't remember hating Doug, but it was definitely the Nick Toon I gave up on the soonest. What kid creates a superhero who's gimmick is he's lame and he sucks?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

I don't remember hating Doug, but it was definitely the Nick Toon I gave up on the soonest. What kid creates a superhero who's gimmick is he's lame and he sucks?

well, nikki cross for one

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

shiksa posted:

well, nikki cross for one

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

No you stupid idiots, she has the title which CLEARLY means she's being booked PERFECTLY!!!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
People who say they want Doug/Quailman to be on that Nicktoons Smash Brothers game are the lamest.

I'm the 2nd lamest for being invested in who gets into that game.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey Arnold was 100x better than Doug

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's lame to not know which company owns the intellectual property 'doug'. they sohuld be embarrassed

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Shard posted:

Hey Arnold was 100x better than Doug

oh absolutely

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

weirdly i've seen people have the opposite problem with hey arnold that people have with doug, that arnold is too smart and cool and knows what to do too much

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that show was about landlords being good :mad:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Alaois posted:

weirdly i've seen people have the opposite problem with hey arnold that people have with doug, that arnold is too smart and cool and knows what to do too much

I'll take a ronda rousey babyface over a nikki ash babyface

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I like Doug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gumball Gumption posted:

Judy's theme kinda slapped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_pPRMxVgkM

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Arnold is way cooler than Doug, his friends are all cooler than Doug's friends, and he'd go on fun adventures like "Arnold learns karate so he can fight off muggers on the bus" or "Arnold's grandpa gets into a fist fight with a shark" whereas Doug was lame and his adventures were stuff like "Doug is terrified of ethnic food" or "Doug has an episode-long day dream where he's a much cooler and more successful person"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hey arnold, doug and arthur are all the same show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Seams posted:

hey arnold, doug and arthur are all the same show