Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The line about Julia was early 2000s PWG-bad and the one about Biles reeks of someone extremely ignorant of the dangers of a gymnast having the "twisties"

In conclusion: :gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Gwen posted:

the likelihood of anything other than AEW downplaying it and moving on is nil. either caster has a peripheral understanding of things and walked into context he didn't know was there or he made two really bad "jokes" knowing full well those that got it would hate him for it.

we're not getting an apology

Sammy issued an apology and was off TV for sensitivity training for saying he wanted to rape a woman. I think AEW will do something about it other than putting up the edited reupload of Dark.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Sammy issued an apology and was off TV for sensitivity training for saying he wanted to rape a woman. I think AEW will do something about it other than putting up the edited reupload of Dark.

listen they already tried to cover it up what more do you want AEW to do

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

He got cut off but Max was gonna talk about Julia's angina, and he's right, heart disease stinks!!!

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Dynamite cannot come fast enough.

- me after every wednesday

but only because i want more AEW more more more more more!!!!

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Lid posted:

four, he made four bad jokes

3. COVID denialism, which doesn't need to be explained in how not funny it is.

4. Womens vaginas being ugly which I loving hate I had to write these words out loud.

It's irredeemably bad.
agree to disagree about a guy larping conspiracy theories for cheap heat being bad in the same way rape jokes are but you cannot seriously be implying saying vaginas smell is anything other than a toddler temper tantrum insult. You can argue that there's a possibility that Julia is being pressured into the storyline(people itt have already said that ignores her agency but i guess it's something) but saying "and your genitals are weird too" is a line too far is dumb unless you say it to like a trans person I guess.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

I had to write these words

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
please respect max casters privacy

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Huntman posted:

- me after every wednesday

but only because i want more AEW more more more more more!!!!

I'm genuinely want to know what the next labor of Jericho will be.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

TV Zombie posted:

Jericho has to stop bringing anti-vaxxers on his podcast for a year

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TV Zombie posted:

god they really got me good with the labors of jericho. shawn spears set me up for "the pinnacle gauntlet" then BAM NICK loving GAGE fuckin ANYTHING is possible.

and sure gently caress it, get juvi in there, give him a live mic, three minutes of juicey promo time and we wont be talking about max caster anymore, whaddaya say tony

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i guess i could've been proud of it and wrote words like this

MJeff posted:

I heard the rap and thought "wow that was maybe a little too far" and then I read this thread and lol bullseye again, Max.

MJeff posted:

Have you considered "Crying more" about it, "bitch"?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jericho is going to have a baby on television

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I've convinced myself it's Lance Storm and if it isn't, I'll be bummed out bc I'm hyping myself up for it like a major dork. I'm sure it'll still be dope regardless.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Huntman posted:

I've convinced myself it's Lance Storm and if it isn't, I'll be bummed out bc I'm hyping myself up for it like a major dork. I'm sure it'll still be dope regardless.

I was very in to Lance back in the day, and would happily accept this but Gage->Juvi->Lance feels like a real weird de-escalation. I have no other suggestions besides someone from the Inner Circle, but all the labors so far seem far more physical than psychological.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

i guess i could've been proud of it and wrote words like this

I already wrote those posts. Don't you dare even suggest writing those posts again or I'll sue.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I was very in to Lance back in the day, and would happily accept this but Gage->Juvi->Lance feels like a real weird de-escalation. I have no other suggestions besides someone from the Inner Circle, but all the labors so far seem far more physical than psychological.

man, now i'm thinking about how good it would have been if it was Spears -> Juvi -> Lance -> Gage

they definitely misfired on gage's position, unless they have some kind of all timer for the 4th labor

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Huntman posted:

Haven't both Jericho and Lance said they want their last matche to be against each other?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

There are 350 new posts in the last four hours and I didn't see any big news on reddit can someone summarize the current thread meltdown for me

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
In my fantasy the fourth labor would Jericho vs. Sammy, career vs. career match. Sammy wins, bam, surprise Jericho retirement, MJF gets extra heat, Sammy becomes an even more intense babyface. The actual end to this story ends up being Sammy triumphantly getting his win back over MJF. (I guess if Jericho "doesn't want to quit his job yet," you could also do a fun dumb "Sammy fights to get Jericho reinstated" stip)

I think it'd probably be too hard to nail the particulars of that story, though, so my second choice is for the fourth labor to be a Wardlow steel cage match. Set up a running bit where MJF repeatedly forces people to go through a series of challenges for him, and he always falls back on "Wardlow cage match" as his silver bullet despite it never actually working

(You could also do the Jericho-Storm match as career vs. career, force Jericho to retire his friend to give an old-timers match some gravitas)

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 4, 2021

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

smarxist posted:

man, now i'm thinking about how good it would have been if it was Spears -> Juvi -> Lance -> Gage

they definitely misfired on gage's position, unless they have some kind of all timer for the 4th labor

Gage at 2 was a great move because the sheer "oh I guess there are no rules anymore and literally anyone or anything can show up" has been keeping me interested. That's gonna have limited returns because that only works for like two weeks but whatever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

There are 350 new posts in the last four hours and I didn't see any big news on reddit can someone summarize the current thread meltdown for me

max caster loaded his entrance rap shotgun with rocksalt made of simone biles, the duke lacrosse team, fake covid tests and julia's feminine hygiene

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Only true fans remember that this guy is in the Dark Order

https://twitter.com/supercima1115/status/1422792416411545601

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

smarxist posted:

For all we know, Jericho’s fourth labor might be a tough and hard one, for one.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

smizz wizz

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone said Blacktop Bully was a better gimmick than Repo Man.

I know, I'm shocked too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alaois posted:

max caster loaded his entrance rap shotgun with rocksalt made of simone biles, the duke lacrosse team, fake covid tests and julia's feminine hygiene

drat 10 pages over that he must be a pretty good heel

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

sweet papi sanchez is all elite

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lethrom posted:

Gage at 2 was a great move because the sheer "oh I guess there are no rules anymore and literally anyone or anything can show up" has been keeping me interested. That's gonna have limited returns because that only works for like two weeks but whatever.

Yeah, this is 100% correct. Spears made you think it was just going to be a Pinnacle gauntlet, and Gage completely blew that up. Juvi is interesting, but by putting him after the Gage ordeal, it’s less of a slam dunk even though we know it’s a slam dunk. I could’ve seen Storm in Juvi’s spot, but I don’t see them doing back to back history challenges.

Either way, I was not looking forward to five prominent Jericho singles matches at first, but now I’m in to see what’s next. Still fast forwarding through Judas though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MotU posted:

lmao though that like everyone is paying attention to AEW like at this very moment due to Punk/Bryan/Adam Cole talk and then lol "rape / mental illness / vagina / covid's fake" rap like if I were tony i'd be pissed at max and the editing team real fierce

Tony was backstage and he heard the rap so uh, the time for him to be mad was a week ago.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the duke thing crossed a line but the rest of the rap was good

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

neoaxd posted:

sweet papi sanchez is all elite

thats jerichos last labor

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Vandar posted:

Tony was backstage and he heard the rap so uh, the time for him to be mad was a week ago.

On the one hand, Tony’s able to recite the match history of any prominent wrestler from the last thirty years, so I find it hard to believe he doesn’t have a passive familiarity with what we’re major news stories from the last 20 years. On the other hand, he’s also devoted significant brain space to wrestler match histories, so maybe not.

Anyway, Max should have to annotate the references in his raps, and have some intern in Jaguars legal sign off on them before he gets to do them in front of people if the dude can’t recognize the line between heat and genuinely crossing a line at 32 years old.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

My take on this whole thing is that there are some places you just don't go even if you're a heel and it's good they cut it out. As for why they didn't deal with this a week ago, hey sometimes you don't get the proper perspective until you have shitloads of people telling you you hosed up. I know there is a 0% chance that that will be an acceptable excuse for anyone here but that's how it is sometimes.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

My only probations on this dumb site is for making fun of the Acclaimed and their awful misogynistic raps so feeling pretty good right now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

IcePhoenix posted:

Max Caster is bringing back the attitude era to varying degrees of disgust or apathy

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Inside of you are 2 wolves

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1422278556932059137?s=19

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

god i will laugh so hard if i ever see that in the wild

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

max made a rape joke in his rap for a show supporting rape victims, people said thats a real bad look and kind of lovely, other people came in and said those mad about rape jokes are getting worked and it was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

drat that's bad

considering buying it