Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

RealFoxy posted:

Vinny's pronunciation of Tajiri is getting closer to Alvarez levels. "Thai...Jiri"

Not as good as Alvarez dubbing Matt Cordona as the "woo woo man"

What the gently caress is his name?
https://youtu.be/EF11CgRq-d4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

shiksa posted:

yo el generico i just found out abt your bryan and vinny nitro project and thank you so much i just wanted to say i greatly appreciate your work

I want to thbnak him because without the video/audio clips i didn't realise how in all of Russo-era WCW the most terrible one universally are the Filthy Animals and Kidman has negative charisma. They're not even so bad that it's funny they're just so bad that it's bad and three of their members are Hall of Famers. Even Eddie is terrible.

They should be shortlisted for one of the worst stables of all time and that they've been relatively unscathed by time apart from "that thing unmasked Rey was in" is insane.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bryan and Mike WOLs have become total unlistenable for me now as soon as Mike starts complaining. Holy gently caress

Dave's handling of the Bruce Mitchell thing was pretty much the last straw for me, but Sempervive certainly helped. He's a professional contrarian, and if you disagree with his opinions, boy are you a loving moron.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

RealFoxy posted:

Vinny's pronunciation of Tajiri is getting closer to Alvarez levels. "Thai...Jiri"

That was from a backstage skit where Tajiri was talking to Steve Austin in Japanese for a minute or so before Austin replied "Hmmm... You're a wise man, Tie Jiri..."

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drat i’m not like a semp simp or anything but he’s just inoffensive to me lol. he gets like 3 minutes of talk time every episode.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
yeah I’ve never listened to a WOL and come away with strong feelings one way or the other re: Semp. I figure he’s just there so Bryan doesn’t have to take phone calls all the time

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1422887587736338434

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I don't think it's problematic or he needs to be taken off the air or anything, I just find him irritating and it factored into my lack of desire to keep giving WON/F4W money. I've got plenty of irritating know-it-alls I can converse with in my personal/professional life for free.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

luchadornado posted:

I don't think it's problematic or he needs to be taken off the air or anything, I just find him irritating and it factored into my lack of desire to keep giving WON/F4W money. I've got plenty of irritating know-it-alls I can converse with in my personal/professional life for free.

Semp is on the free show and you're paying money to NOT listen to him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i don't really have problems with how he says his stuff but i can't stand his whining about how bryan doesn't like him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

drat i’m not like a semp simp or anything but he’s just inoffensive to me lol. he gets like 3 minutes of talk time every episode.

Bryan didn't even introduce Mike until several minutes in on Monday and then just says "Maybe Mike will get to talk during the opening segment." WOL is very much the Bryan rant show whenever I tune in, which is the reason to tune in.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

dsriggs posted:

That was from a backstage skit where Tajiri was talking to Steve Austin in Japanese for a minute or so before Austin replied "Hmmm... You're a wise man, Tie Jiri..."

It’s such a well known segment I’m surprised there’s anyone who doesn’t recognise it, my friends still say it whenever someone gives someone else advice.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s such a well known segment I’m surprised there’s anyone who doesn’t recognise it, my friends still say it whenever someone gives someone else advice.
That was the only era since the mid 90's I didn't watch :shrug:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Semp gets 3 minutes of talk time to make a point he could easily make in 8 seconds. It's funny that in a product that actively, rightfully hates WWE's "let's see where it goes" schtick, half of Semp's lines are some version of "we'll just have to wait and see."

RealFoxy posted:

Sempervivie has always turned every thought into a fillerbuster. He's a different kind of scatter-brain than Dave is. Semp tends to just make his point the first time and spend the next couple minutes revising the first sentences like he's rewriting a paper for length.

Unlike big Dave, Semp knows where he's going with a point, it's just that he has a quota of "the fact of the matter is" and "reality of the situation is" he's gotta get in

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 4, 2021

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
semp is not nearly as rambly or combative or repetitive as people in this thread make him sound and i hope it doesn't have to be explained that he & bryan are doing a gimmick a lot of the time with their bickering and playing devil's advocate against whatever point the other is trying to make

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

bryan's gimmick really rubbed me the wrong way originally but I've since come to enjoy it. I think being able to see him grinning ear to ear on video makes it even funnier.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
WOL is on terrestrial radio, so I don't know what else you would expect other than basic wrestling talk.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

WOL is "good radio" and not worth listening to.
WOR is bad radio and wonderful. Remember Dave's not quite 12:30am alarm? :allears:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

semp is not nearly as rambly or combative or repetitive as people in this thread make him sound and i hope it doesn't have to be explained that he & bryan are doing a gimmick a lot of the time with their bickering and playing devil's advocate against whatever point the other is trying to make

The gimmick carries outside of the show then. I don't find he rambles, but he wraps things in "the reality of the situation is" and then follows it up with an insult like there's no possible alternative and you're dumb for thinking otherwise.

Gimmick or not, it's stronger know-it-all energy on decidedly subjective things than is entertaining to me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Semp was actually really good today talking about The Assassins

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Yeah. He actually made me interested in reading up on their history.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

in anticipation of next B&V&C, I just rewatched Kronik/Brothers of Destruction '01. The first half of it....isn't even that bad? It's a time-filling, plodding, RAW-worthy match, but not the disaster I was expecting.

But then all of a sudden, Crush acts like he has no idea where he is and stops selling, and it gets worse, and worse, and worse, and exponentially worse, and they're going between "missing moves by 6 inches" and "legit shooting on each other" and back again. If you were to tell me Crush legit had a stroke midmatch, I'd believe you. Or if they were dead set on it being a 5-minute squash and then the ref told them they had to go 10 once they got to the end of their ideas. So yeah. Turned from being just as meh as current RAW to an all-time trainwreck on a dime. A fascinating watch.

e: apparently Taker and the brass came down harder on Bryan Clark? Huh. Crush looked way worse.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

is taht the one where taker just yells gently caress

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

edit: oops, meant to post in AEW thread.

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 5, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

yea ok posted:

is taht the one where taker just yells gently caress

Didn't notice it. Taker looked more disappointed than angry (much like the Goldberg disaster)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

Didn't notice it. Taker looked more disappointed than angry (much like the Goldberg disaster)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/kpseof/the_undertaker_audibly_yells_fuck_after_brian/

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

ha, there it is. I even remember that, but I was so focused on what in the world Crush was trying to accomplish

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

someone talk about what good VoW stuff there is on the patreon if i like the flagship. i know there was a post the other day about it but i forgot already. i'd like to support them cause i like their twitter and the flagship. also, is it easy to add to podcast with an rss or whatever? thanks so much for your cooperation

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

D.N. Nation posted:

e: apparently Taker and the brass came down harder on Bryan Clark? Huh. Crush looked way worse.

Well, Taker was pretty tight with Adams. Not sure if he had that type of relationship with Clark.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, he spoke with real sincerity and it was a good listen.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

shiksa posted:

yo el generico i just found out abt your bryan and vinny nitro project and thank you so much i just wanted to say i greatly appreciate your work

:3: Thank you! Glad people are still excited about it and enjoying it. Gonna get back to work on it. I want to do an episode of Russo TNA, but it might be really short, because they rant up top more than they actually review the show, but that's probably fine.

EDIT: To be specific, I want to do the 10/14/10 Impact, the one after Bound for Glory where Jeff Hardy turned heel and Hulk Hogan stole TNA from Dixie Carter. This is also the one where they booked Snooki from Jersey Shore on their show, which was running head to head with a brand new episode of Jersey Shore, ensuring no fans of the show would watch to see her.

sleepwalkers posted:

bryan's gimmick really rubbed me the wrong way originally but I've since come to enjoy it. I think being able to see him grinning ear to ear on video makes it even funnier.

This actually saved the Tom Lawlor shows for me. It seemed too much like they were actually fighting all the time, I got uncomfortable, but seeing them grinning at each other the whole time is reassuring that all their banter is actually friendly.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 5, 2021

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Generico posted:

:3: Thank you! Glad people are still excited about it and enjoying it. Gonna get back to work on it. I want to do an episode of Russo TNA, but it might be really short, because they rant up top more than they actually review the show, but that's probably fine.

EDIT: To be specific, I want to do the 10/14/10 Impact, the one after Bound for Glory where Jeff Hardy turned heel and Hulk Hogan stole TNA from Dixie Carter. This is also the one where they booked Snooki from Jersey Shore on their show, which was running head to head with a brand new episode of Jersey Shore, ensuring no fans of the show would watch to see her.

If it at all matters to you - I've seen old B&V TNA rants put to video the way you've done with the WCW stuff.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Dango Bango posted:

If it at all matters to you - I've seen old B&V TNA rants put to video the way you've done with the WCW stuff.

If I could consistently think of footage to put to this particular rant, I'd leave it all in. Maybe I will when I get editing.

This one was done by a friend of mine, someone I watch Dynamite online with every week now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncAyxe1c8E

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Woof, looking at the timestamps on tonight's WOR. Rough week.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Uhhhh, listening to WOR.... did NXT seriously for real do a skit in 2021 where the "joke" was that sushi (SUSHI!) is a bewildering alien food to Americans? :stare:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wow, so not only is Tony Khan doing the editing on Dark and Dark Elevation now, but Vince McMahon is writing for NXT!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a wrap... filled with ketchup steak! haha

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Uhhhh, listening to WOR.... did NXT seriously for real do a skit in 2021 where the "joke" was that sushi (SUSHI!) is a bewildering alien food to Americans? :stare:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkullsMedia/status/1422738775969386497

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Digital Jedi posted:

NXT
Io Shirai & Zoey Stark hanging out
https://streamable.com/bwkws1